Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moltenchannel's council decisions

Our uniform shall be blood (red)
- 0 (0%)
Danger room training shall be forbidden.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 02, 2013, 10:22:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 100

Author Topic: Moltenchannels - The magma flows - FINAL TURN (Ardentdikes II)  (Read 386232 times)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - Rising from the ashes (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2013, 07:27:37 pm »

*knows opening to term as overseer*

And so begins the third attempt to reclaim Moltenchannels.... :D

Actually if the problem hasn't been solved by my turn, I have a cunning plan. I think.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2013, 05:45:52 am »

We can employ the prisoner necromancer at the archery range. Just drop a few duck corpses in their line of sight. :P
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2013, 02:11:41 pm »

We can employ the prisoner necromancer at the archery range. Just drop a few duck corpses in their line of sight. :P

I think what we should probably do is weaponize the necromancer; put him in an enclosure, but an enclosure where you can let him out during a siege to raise the dead against the fortress enemies, then get him back inside when that's all finished (and to make sure that you just succeed in killing goblins, not turning an alive goblin army into an undead one).

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2013, 08:23:47 pm »

Ill take an overseers spot if they are still being given out
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

UristTheGrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2013, 08:59:24 pm »

Journal Entry of UristTheGrey, Overseer of Moltenchannels in the year 1084

Undead. Goblins. Moltenchannels is surrounded by both these creatures.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The two forces clash.

The goblins drove off 2 necromancers. If only the necros were killed, they WILL be back. And there is still a third necro hiding out there. Besides that, there is still an enormous amount of undead. I wonder if the goblins can pull it off, though their forces are dropping.

Another pair of necromancers are hiding out there. Theres definantly multiple necromancers hiding out there in the wild. The goblins have w retreated, and there are still a hundred undead. I see no possible solution to this problem...we must hide underground..hm? Great, a dwarf was found drained of his blood. It seems we arent going underground alone.

12th of Sandstone

All attempts at reclaiming the surface have failed. We're attempting to colonize the underground caverns, but its a very slow process. So much to bring down. I dont like it here. Its so cold, and theres fungus growing on every wall. And I see lots of web. And no giant cave spider to go with it. Its all too eerie. Food stocks are still low, but I think we could hold out until the end of the year. The miners have been sent to explore the caverns, various creatures have already been spotted

17th of Sandstone

Things are so uneventful here. There is nothing to do but move around furniture. I hope something happens soon or else I fear I might go mad..And why is this miner in such a rush?

Urist McMiner: We've found something, ya better come and see fer yer self

Finally! Something to do!

..A tribe of swallowmen.

And I see a nice pile of food to go with it. Meat. Its been so long since Ive had a bite of some..my mouth is aching. Ill send in the militia.

17th of Timber

Just trying to pass the time. There hasnt been much to do and with those things walking around up there, I dont think Ill ever get a chance to leave. At this point, the entire goblin army from last season has arisen as undead. Nearly 300 corpses there now. Only, if by some miracle, we received some help from the capital. I doubt anyone knows of our situation..Armok send some reinforcements. Hm, that horn..Can it be!?

Goblins! Thank You Armok, Ill take whatever help we can get! And it looks like the goblins really mean it this time..

Their general! A female human! It looks like she doesnt have any weapon on her, but Im sure she must be SOME kind of strategist. They might be able to pull this off! The undead might finally be destroyed!

The human general retreated at the first sign of danger. The goblins halved the amount of undead on the surface and it looks like the dead wont be coming back. Maybe the necromancers took off? Either way, this is a big help

9th of Opal

Another dwarf found drained of his blood. This time, our trader. Its gonna take awhile to train a dwarf to be as good as the trader we lost today. The next victim can be anybody in this fortress, that includes me. We need to find this dwarf, and fast

-------------------------------------

Ive already hit mid-winter. Im off to school right now, but Ill try and finish up the term late tonight. If not tonight, the latest will be tomorrow night
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:43:52 pm by UristTheGrey »

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2013, 12:11:34 pm »

The human general retreated at the first sign of danger.

I guess that's why she was called Heavyterror. Just a little misunderstanding when she was appointed as general.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - Sieges, Undead AND Vampires (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2013, 12:32:20 pm »

I'm sad to learn that the dwarves have moved underground. I'm an above-ground purist (plus I spent ages individually assigning beds).

UristTheGrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2013, 12:44:26 pm »

I'm sad to learn that the dwarves have moved underground. I'm an above-ground purist (plus I spent ages individually assigning beds).

Well, not all the dwarves. The majority of them still sleep upstairs but I pretty much just set up a dining room and bedrooms underground

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2013, 04:09:36 pm »

Time to construct some bridge-a-pults and shoot zombies with -mugs-. Or dwarven shotgun filled with bone bolts*.
No, seriously. It's not dorfish to hide underground just because of some sieges. My first thing to do after taking my turn (of course if Moltenchannels will survive...) will be building towers. Many towers. And drafting everyone into military, equipping them with crossbows. With so many corpses outside, they will become legendary in few months...
*And that's how "dart ammo" was invented.
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

UristTheGrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2013, 05:41:44 pm »

Time to construct some bridge-a-pults and shoot zombies with -mugs-. Or dwarven shotgun filled with bone bolts*.
No, seriously. It's not dorfish to hide underground just because of some sieges. My first thing to do after taking my turn (of course if Moltenchannels will survive...) will be building towers. Many towers. And drafting everyone into military, equipping them with crossbows. With so many corpses outside, they will become legendary in few months...
*And that's how "dart ammo" was invented.

The thing was even though everyone was locked in, the undead would still cancel all the jobs and suspend any construction that I tried above-ground. So the whole above-ground part was full of dwarves running around in fear even though they were completely safe from any attack

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2013, 05:42:28 pm »

Added. Also I think I forgot to remove dhokarena56 from the queue when he took the 3rd slot instead.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2013, 07:40:39 pm »

Added. Also I think I forgot to remove dhokarena56 from the queue when he took the 3rd slot instead.

You've removed me wrongly- I requested after my turn finished to take the next untaken spot in the queue, and you complied- you'd already moved me up when TrollFurSock had to postpone. I'm after DuckThatQuacks.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:30:39 pm by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

UristTheGrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2013, 10:10:10 pm »

Journal Entry of UristTheGrey, Overseer of Moltenchannels in the year 1084

27th of Opal

My term is nearly over. I wish I was able to do more, able to help this place out. But Armok decided to use me differently. I was nothing but a catalyst to Armok. Someone who He could throw countless trials at, someone who would take full blame for Moltenchannels' misfortunes. I guess I should take comfort in the fact that I was the only Overseer Armok saw fit enough to brave these tough times. At least the worst of it is over now, I can spend the rest of my years training up the militia as best I can. My body may be weary, but I would love to continue training with my men. After all this is over, Im glad I can - What now?

Urist McLookout: "S-SIR! S-something in the caverns!"

UristTheGrey: "What is it? Another troll?"

Urist McLookout: "No, I dont know what IT is!"

It?

UristTheGrey: "Show me the way!"

..What is that?! Ive never seen such a creature! And its heading straight for us!..Armok, is this my last test? Will this madness finally end? I dont want to go out here. This creature is standing between me and my retirement plan. I WONT fall here.

Its coming. Its huge. We're gonna need all the help we can get so Ive ordered the gladiator squad to join us. We've really got no choice but to fight, Its not like we can leave the fort..

Well, here it comes

Amazing.

For a moment, we were all trapped in web. But one dwarf was able to break free from it. Able to single-handedly slay the beast. A dwarf and his wife, drafted into our gladiator program. A couple with nothing to lose. I dont remember her name, but the girl was the last to fall. I think that was when the tides started to turn. I had looked into his eyes and saw nothing but anger, rage. And what I saw after was something only a lasher master could do. But hes no legendary lasher, just picked up the whip last season. Obok is his name. Unfortuantely, the dwarf went mad after the battle. Still the thing this dwarf accomplished will be talked about for years

12th of Opal

Yet another goblin siege. This one more impressive than the last, but no general or giant toads to go with them. Still with these numbers, I think this last siege might be able to wipe out the undead

Well its all over. The undead have been wiped out. But now we face another problem, goblins. Nearly 100 goblins litter the surface, now I kinda wish the undead were back

-----------------

Well that marks the end of my term, Ill upload the save in a bit

The place is a mess right now so the next overseer is really gonna have his hands full. Expect multiple attacks every season. They'll be coming.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 11:21:39 pm by UristTheGrey »

UristTheGrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2013, 10:19:37 pm »

I was having trouble with the save but I got it to work

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7357

There it is, enjoy
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 10:28:43 pm by UristTheGrey »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2013, 10:51:14 pm »

Oh man this is great stuff; we've really got to find more ways to weaponise the only thing the fort has in abundance: magma.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 100