Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moltenchannel's council decisions

Our uniform shall be blood (red)
- 0 (0%)
Danger room training shall be forbidden.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 02, 2013, 10:22:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 100

Author Topic: Moltenchannels - The magma flows - FINAL TURN (Ardentdikes II)  (Read 386505 times)

UristTheGrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - The cursed bookkeepers (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2013, 11:50:23 am »

As artifacts go, a door isn't a bad one...

I'd like to request a dorfing when convenient...Urist McKiwi, and some sort of soldier when there actually *are* soldiers in the fort. Marksdwarf or hammerdwarf for preference. Either gender's good, horrific death even better.

This fort is already looking to be as fun as original Ardentdikes to read.... if I wasn't just picking up DF2012 after a year away from the game, I'd have a go at a turn myself.

Dont worry, its been awhile since I played DF too. And there was alot of FUN on my turn which in my opinion, makes it successful

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2013, 05:44:09 am »

Wow, this thread has died since I started my turn. Anyway, should have an update today.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2013, 07:38:10 am »

Looking forward to it!

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2013, 03:02:08 pm »

Diary of Sauvage, Tooth Collector

Ah, at last things are looking up. Much of the rest of springtime progressed without issues; and the waterfall continues its operation successfully. It has helped sooth the populace, and the general happiness level has risen somewhat. This was only aided when the goblins, struck by a hard winter's siege with no results, decided to call it quits and packed up to return to their hovels. Pathetic, truly; but nevertheless it has strengthened my position against several naysayers and made them to look as paranoid fools.

Bizzarely enough, our lookouts spotted the elves caravan arriving barely a half-kilometer away from the leaving goblins. Perhaps they used to some sneaky elvish trick to avoid being spotted:

Nevertheless, as an overseer, I'm glad for their supplies. For one, I'm sick of Dwarven Wine, so I ensured that we picked up all of the liquors they had, some cloth, clay, and a variety of wooden sundries. I got rid of several boxes of worn out clothing, some of our many anvils, and a stack of copper tools, helms and weapons. They left rather satisfied, and that's fine. I for one have never understood the natural bitter enmity some dwarves hold for the pointy-ears. Certainly they have some peculiar ways, but I'm a practical dwarf and I understand that everyone lives differently.

Naturally, as the bridges were lowered, we started the long process of identifying and picking clean the many corpses outside. A grisly job, but I ensured I attended when I could.

In the meantime, further underground farm plots were set up.

We are disturbingly lacking in crops other than Plump Helmets to plant there, so seeds of Cave Wheat and Sweet Pods will be my first priority from our dwarven liason. How some people can live without a varied diet baffles me.

Some time later, into early summer I was informed of a militia captain going on a rampage. It turns out it was Urist the Grey, and he had to confirm his mothers, spouses and sisters corpses. Why he'd deluded himself they might be alive before when left outside I don't know, but the shock sent him first into a brutal attack against a helpless Turkey wherein he punched and splattered the creatures brains across the main halls, and then he sunk into gibbering madness...

I'd like to say something about weakness; but perhaps I can grant some leniancy to a dwarf that's lost his entire family. Even so, as this puts us down yet another good crossbowdwarf, our military looks more pathetic by the day. I let the remainder come off duty for now in rememberance (and to help identify the remainder of the dead).

Though morbid, I have to say I was glad to hear the expansion to the masouleum level had finally been completed...

Over 40 coffins have been filled with the extra bodies outside, so the space was needed. A giant mole and a gremlin caused some minor trouble, but were beaten to death by one of our bakers.

Shortly after that, our courtyard's planned addition of proper paving and roads was completed, so to keep people busy, I set more individuals to smooth stone, and assigned them to work in beautification of our underground areas, many of which still like rather rough.

Summer is turning into autumn soon and things are barely, slowly becoming better. But then...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 03:04:01 pm by eharper256 »
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2013, 04:49:44 pm »

Summer is turning into autumn soon and things are barely, slowly becoming better. But then...

Quick, beat it to death with a baby!
Edit: Remembered to actually quote. While I've only ever killed one or two FBs, this one looks pretty killable: weak-as-heck material + no "eyes rot out and your armpits spout blood before you melt" type syndrome.
Edited Edit: Remebered I also need IMG tags
Edited Edit to the Edit: Remembered said tags need to work.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:58:27 pm by Urist McKiwi »

UristTheGrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2013, 05:59:18 pm »

Well thats great  :( The position of Overseer must have taken its toll on her. At least I brought a turkey down with me

Can you name one of my kids UristTheGrey II?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 06:07:21 pm by UristTheGrey »

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2013, 07:11:32 pm »

Yeah, I can only assume it was the loss of multiple relatives. You were at 'Fine' before then suddenly 'Miserable' shortly after our wave of about 15 "Urist McExample has been found dead" messages that followed the bridges opening and dwarves wandering out to grab goblinite and stuff. Tried posting you next to the waterfall; that stopped McAwesome from tantruming but it had no effect on you. But yeah I'll check your relatives screen and assign a new dorfing. (McKiwi has been done by the way)

The beast should be ok, but I'm worried it has fire-breathing or something; and I'm also concerned whether I can muster in time since everyones off-duty and its not got far through the cavern to come. We shall see.

Also the Mayor has changed twice since the start of my tenure. Annoying that I have to keep handing over the gold bedroom!!

UristTheGrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2013, 07:16:05 pm »

Yeah, I can only assume it was the loss of multiple relatives. You were at 'Fine' before then suddenly 'Miserable' shortly after our wave of about 15 "Urist McExample has been found dead" messages that followed the bridges opening and dwarves wandering out to grab goblinite and stuff. Tried posting you next to the waterfall; that stopped McAwesome from tantruming but it had no effect on you. But yeah I'll check your relatives screen and assign a new dorfing. (McKiwi has been done by the way)

The beast should be ok, but I'm worried it has fire-breathing or something; and I'm also concerned whether I can muster in time since everyones off-duty and its not got far through the cavern to come. We shall see.

Also the Mayor has changed twice since the start of my tenure. Annoying that I have to keep handing over the gold bedroom!!

Any sign of the vampire?

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2013, 09:28:49 pm »

Awesome!

You seem to have the same configuration as me, try resizing the df window before taking a screenshot, that draws all the text without black gaps.

We had a flame beast in Ardentdikes. It loved to vaporize the water from our underground lakes.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 09:55:36 pm by Wastedlabor »
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2013, 04:36:26 am »

Ah, will that help prevent gappage? It only happens with Ironhand's font, and then only on the messages pages and the like. I'll give it a shot later.

No sign of the vampire, though one of the many corpse reports was indeed one drained of all blood.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 06, 2013, 08:35:01 am »

Only for one frame. The alternative is to disable TrueType font, but then you get garbled accents.

This is the related bug: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5097
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 06, 2013, 11:48:13 am »

Can we have a shot of the status page? I'd like to see the stocks and number of dwarves left.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #147 on: February 06, 2013, 05:46:06 pm »

Can we have a shot of the status page? I'd like to see the stocks and number of dwarves left.
Sure, here you go:

Meals are back up to a decent standard now, making up most of the miscellaneous total.

As an aside, the forgotten beast seems content to sit on its ass setting fire to its part of the cavern at the moment. So far as I can tell that fire doesn't have a means to reach the walls of the fort, so lets hope it stays that way.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2013, 05:52:04 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've only ever seen fire spread along one z level, so if it's down in the caves we should be safe.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2013, 08:55:00 pm »

It's imperative, in all cases, to do just the absolute minimum required to make sure absolutely nothing could possibly go wrong. There's never any reason to do anything more.

Ever.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 100