Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moltenchannel's council decisions

Our uniform shall be blood (red)
- 0 (0%)
Danger room training shall be forbidden.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 02, 2013, 10:22:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 100

Author Topic: Moltenchannels - The magma flows - FINAL TURN (Ardentdikes II)  (Read 383873 times)

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - Our lizardmen are badass (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #195 on: February 17, 2013, 02:06:06 pm »

I'm going to upload my save in 3-4 hours. I think I have figured out why my game was crashing. Everything went better than expected.
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 17, 2013, 10:14:28 pm »

Be it noted I have to download files like saves after midnight, so if I don't have a chance the first night, it has to wait for the next. But I will take my turn.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 17, 2013, 10:29:00 pm »

Everything went better than expected.
What can possibly go wrong now?

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 18, 2013, 05:26:08 am »

Quote from: Urist McKiwi
What can possibly go wrong now?
Like, internet shortage, another crash, problems with DFFD account activation, several problems with PC...
Looks like Armok really doesn't want me to upload it.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 18, 2013, 07:12:23 am »

Obviously your tenor saw insufficient sacrifices to Armok.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 18, 2013, 01:49:16 pm »

So yeah, what have I done during my turn from beggining to autumn...
- Farms. And farms. And even more farms. We will need food for growing population
- You will propably call me insane, but I didn't murder any elves. Instead made them really happy, by loading their wagons full of gems. Why? We will need their tame animals for one of projects that I will try do to in my next turn... Bought lots of seeds, some bows and arrows (I'm making a bowdwarf squad) and few caged animals.
- Meat grinder/marskdwarf training camp. Corpses are dumped to a retracting bridge next to a necromancer behind fortifications. When dwarves are already legendary, bridge retracts, dropping them on many serrated discs, where they get chopped to small pieces again and again. I didn't have tested it, but the only part that can fail is necromancer's line of sight.
- Almost starved our 2 migrants to death. Somehow, they got stuck in a tunnel near lava moat. They were next to our water reservoir, they had many ways to get out of here but nooo, they instead decided to starve/dehydrate. I have no idea why, but they didn't move out here untill I build a staircase nearby.
- Forgotten beast has come.
- pump stack for our pressure tower is being constructed. I hope I will be able to finish it before winter. Why do we need pressure tower? Lol, don't ask me.
- Watchtower. It's above (I mean... z-level above, not north to it) our west gate. It has some ammo/bow/armor stockpiles, beds and archery targets.
- Some stuff that doesn't really matter.

EDIT: Also. Made a giant tomb with whole history of our fort engraved in it's walls and floors. Just because I can.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:52:06 pm by ☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼ »

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 19, 2013, 10:49:26 pm »

Any updates on tech problems?

Re: meat grinder...do serrated discs eventually reduce things to a pulp that can't be reanimated, or will anything falling in (and avoiding the grinder) be savaged by an animated soup of blood and nameless pieces of mangled flesh?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #202 on: February 20, 2013, 12:17:13 am »

Re: meat grinder...do serrated discs eventually reduce things to a pulp that can't be reanimated, or will anything falling in (and avoiding the grinder) be savaged by an animated soup of blood and nameless pieces of mangled flesh?
Serrated disks slash people into ribbons, but necros can still reanimate the ribbons.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 20, 2013, 02:23:52 am »

Serrated disks slash people into ribbons, but necros can still reanimate the ribbons.
Hmm.... Surely there must be some way to make a gun that fires blood and slowly-slithering undead intestines on invaders. Getting rid of 'em afterwards might be an issue though....I must try this some time on a practise fort. Kinda ruins the point if you have to flood the battlefield with magma just to clean up after the Gut-ling gun. ...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #204 on: February 20, 2013, 02:58:09 am »

Hmm.... Surely there must be some way to make a gun that fires blood and slowly-slithering undead intestines on invaders. Getting rid of 'em afterwards might be an issue though....I must try this some time on a practise fort. Kinda ruins the point if you have to flood the battlefield with magma just to clean up after the Gut-ling gun. ...
STEPS:

1.    Make 1x1 tower, as tall as possible.
2.    Build a 10x10 retracting bridge on top of the tower and link it to a lever somewhere
3.    Set up a 10x10 square with 100 10-spike traps, and link them all to a second lever. This square should be underneath the bridge from step 2.
3.    Cover tower with yaks
4.    Wonder why 'yaks' is marked as incorrect by spell-checker
5.    Assemble your cheese makers and fish dissectors on the bridge
6.    Wait for elves to walk onto the spikefield
7.    Pull lever 1, dumping ~100 dwarves and animals upon the unsuspecting treehumpers
8.    Pull lever 2, drenching the countryside in blood.

Insanity's Spikefield©
Providing Blood for the Blood God since 2013
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 20, 2013, 08:07:02 pm »

If the save is not posted by Saturday morning we'll have to jump the turn, as it'll be two weeks since the last save.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 22, 2013, 02:04:36 pm »

- Forgotten beast has come.
- pump stack for our pressure tower is being constructed. I hope I will be able to finish it before winter. Why do we need pressure tower? Lol, don't ask me.
Pressure tower canceled. I won't finish it in time. Well, I won't even begin it in time.
Another forgotten beast. We have lost half of our military force to it's fireballs... ._.

And... after 9001 crashes, I have finally managed to save it! PRAISE ARMOK! Now I'll just have to play all night to finish before morning...

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 22, 2013, 08:09:25 pm »

My turn is next, and I can guarantee I won't be able to download the save until Midnight Sunday at the earliest. Quirk of my internet. If you have to quit early, I'll finish the turn for you.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 23, 2013, 09:09:06 am »

Saturday morning, and nothing...Triaxx2, I suppose you'll have to download the last save.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2013, 11:01:07 am »

Remember what I said about not crashing? Well, fuck. It crashed again. *elf* this *elf*. I'm uploading the save NOW or I'll went stark raving mad.

EDIT: Should DFFD show "Progress:    0% (??? / ??? KBytes)" for over half of a hour...?
EDIT: Wooohooo. Suddenly, 90% out of nowhere.
PHCDownload Database Error
Could not make a connection to the server

Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading authorization packet', system error: 0 (MySQL error no; 2013)

TrollFurSock went berserkr!

EDITED EDIT OF EDIT: TrollFurSock has calmed down.
Whatever. Here is the version from late autumn. Meat grinder and watchtower are not complete in this save... Just place some large, serrated disc traps and a retracting brindge in grinder and archery targets in watchtower.
EDIT OF EDIT OF EDIT OF EDIT: Derp. Here is the link: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7419
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 11:52:43 am by ☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼ »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 100