Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moltenchannel's council decisions

Our uniform shall be blood (red)
- 0 (0%)
Danger room training shall be forbidden.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 02, 2013, 10:22:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 100

Author Topic: Moltenchannels - The magma flows - FINAL TURN (Ardentdikes II)  (Read 383807 times)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - Our lizardmen are badass (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #210 on: February 23, 2013, 02:51:27 pm »

Triaxx shall download the save this very midnight. All shall be well.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 23, 2013, 05:48:12 pm »

The curse of the garbled engravings strikes again! Ardentdikes had a weird engravings room too.

Poor Udib has choked on smoke lately. First time I notice that unhappy thought. :u
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2013, 06:01:42 pm »

I tend not to have a lot of fires, so I've never seen it. Interesting. I'll make sure to take a 'start of save' screen shot for comparison to the end of the last one.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 23, 2013, 07:47:37 pm »

Almost every single dwarf has beem caught in smoke from FB attack. We have lost 7-9 dwarves... Fortunately, noone "dorfed" has died during my turn.
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 24, 2013, 05:10:49 am »

All your save are belong to me. I shall begin playing within the next 24-48 hours, presuming all stars align.

Edit: Wow is this place a MESS. Got an artifact oaken earring, and some skeletons after just a little playing.

Remind me of three things: Why do we need a pressure tower? Should it be magma safe? And how do I build one?

I've started building a bedroom for the captain of the guard, something easily floodable should he become uppity.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:40:16 am by Triaxx2 »

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 24, 2013, 12:01:00 pm »

I have planned to use pressurized water to flood everything in underground fortress with exception of one, small room. In case of magma or other FUN things. You know, we have magma moats, magma channels, magma forges... One warm stone or not magmaproof mechanism and...

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 24, 2013, 12:39:42 pm »

Water it is then. I will however make it magma-safe, because I do that as a rule. Needs more magma glass smelters though.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 24, 2013, 01:40:26 pm »

That's one reason I put the levers room in the sand lever, so it doesn't get flooded too easily. :3

Edit: The captain of the guard was upset there weren't enough cages and chains. This fort manages to find all the ways to upset dwarves.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:21:10 pm by Wastedlabor »

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 24, 2013, 02:24:59 pm »

It may be worth noting that after near 6 years we have 130 dwarves and a wooping total of 7 soldiers, 3 of them guards.  ???

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 24, 2013, 02:34:55 pm »

Moltenchannels: The Chronicles

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll274/Triaxx2/MCStart_zps8e75c712.jpg

So, the Sock couldn't handle it. He cracked under the pressure and no one has seen him in days. Apparently I won the short straw in the election, which I didn't know was being held. So I got to deal with the merchants and the various undead who popped up, or rather back up. Goody. Turned out not hard, though we're down to just one mil dorf in one squad, no one in another, and the fourth squad is... not listening. I'm not sure what the problem is.

After seeing the problems inherent with leaving the bridges open, I've had a back door for caravans to leave carved down to the caverns, and the caverns then walled off. I've also had a bridge built which can be shut from a lever near the depot in case of Uninvited guest down there.

The other thing is to prevent these undead up risings, I'm building a mine cart track which will dump corpses into the volcano. It's running up over the courtyard walls, so if any more building up is done, someone will have to move the track, or build around it.

Built another glass furnace. I'm intent on constructing a pressure tower capable of pumping magma or water, and so I need it to be glass. Which means lots of glass making. To this end I've recruited a couple more glass makers, and I've got a bunch of carpenters who are building whatever I tell them. Removed and replaced a magma pump built with an unsafe granite block. The iron components are acceptable, but I'll just replace the entire thing in glass.

The liaison offered to promote someone, but I suggested keeping our distance for now. We have enough troubles for now with the undead and other problems for now, we don't need nobles bringing their issues. Little happens by the end of the year, except for someone getting in a mood and chasing everyone out of one of the craft shops.

One other thing I did do was trap the top level of the secondary entrance. The main one is currently open for traders, but I've had skeletons getting around over a wall that was meant to stop magma. Each end is a trap with 10 serrated glass discs, while the center has a mix of mauls and hammers. Anything that makes it through the ends will get hammered into dust in the middle. Heh.

---

When I flood the fortress, I guarantee no room will be safe. :D

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - Military? Who needs a military? (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #220 on: February 24, 2013, 05:11:19 pm »

A few bits from the legends during the recent fort years:

In autumn of 1084, Snodub Tinmenaced the female troll struck down four zombie dwarves, three zombie cats, six zombie goblins and one zombie giant toad.

Taperedweathered was a peasant mutilated corpse that struck down a goblin with a giant cave spider silk sandal in 1084. It was struck down by the goblin Ngebzo Jackalgleams the Monstrous Freckles of Confederation. Ngebzo killed six zombies in total, and she's still alive (someone should check the cages!).

Snarlchurches the peasant right hand killed two goblins in autumn 1084. Pageddikes the elf left hand struck down a goblin in the early winter of 1084. Throwweathers the elf left hand struck the goblin Stasost Tormenttoad. Lulllife was the left hand from the peasant left lower arm Adorespatter, and it killed two goblins. The rest of the arm killed another goblin.

Whipwater the horse, worshipper of Id Silvergolds, killed a troglodyte in midsummer of 1086.

In 1086 the Patterned Confederations elected a new human diplomat: Kom Tiredchannels.

Facedepth was Ber Sludkutsmob's head animated by unknown forces. In autumn of 1086 it killed our dwarf Mosus Furnacevoices.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - Military? Who needs a military? (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #221 on: February 24, 2013, 05:54:26 pm »

Whipwater the horse, worshipper of Id Silvergolds, killed a troglodyte in midsummer of 1086.
Sorry but I was forced to butcher him, almost every bit of his body was red or yellow and he was starving ._.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - The left hands of darkness (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #222 on: February 24, 2013, 06:23:20 pm »

It's ok, that's must have been an epic meal. Our engravers or memorializers will do it justice.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 24, 2013, 06:55:59 pm »

15th Obsidian

Bugger. I have spoken too soon. Adamantine has been discovered, and the moody dwarf isn't happy. Seemingly because all the stuff we have and we haven't got any of something he wants. I'm not sure what it is. He's got everything on his list. Trees, gems, glass.

Ah ha. He need a quartz but the Jewelers workshop wasn't functioning. I adjusted the stockpile to give to the other one, and then rebuilt the lead shop. That seemed to fix it, and set the moody dorf to work.

Finally spring arrives, just as I've set all the shrubs around the island to be cleared. Now my year can truly begin. Of course, this means it's now time for something to horribly, dreadfully wrong. As always.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 25, 2013, 02:27:20 am »

Of course, this means it's now time for something to horribly, dreadfully wrong. As always.

But at least now you can face Trouble with adamantine buzzsaws. Unless your first foray into the Candy unleashes the Fun.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 100