Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moltenchannel's council decisions

Our uniform shall be blood (red)
- 0 (0%)
Danger room training shall be forbidden.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 02, 2013, 10:22:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 100

Author Topic: Moltenchannels - The magma flows - FINAL TURN (Ardentdikes II)  (Read 386307 times)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - We collect diplomats and necromancers (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #300 on: March 07, 2013, 07:29:34 pm »

I didn't intend for the depot to flood. Hmm. The access stairs filling is intended design. The pumps were intended to be powered from above so it wasn't an issue. Hence the somewhat massive reactor. If all else fails, you might get away with cutting the upper reactor down some. I may have over done that. I tend to do that with massive projects. Which is why the pressure tower doesn't work.

In any case firing the water lift should fill it and once it's partially filled it'll remain that way unless the floodgates are opened. You did connect those up, right? Or did I? Hmmm...

I don't think there are aquifers, but you can check by using DFHack to reveal and then using d>d. If there are it'll flash like water.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 07, 2013, 08:03:16 pm »

The green glass floodgates were not linked up to levers.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Psuedonym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 07, 2013, 09:10:22 pm »

I sense that fun times are being had.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 07, 2013, 09:21:59 pm »

I sense that fun times are being had.

You mean "slow times".
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Psuedonym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 07, 2013, 10:22:32 pm »

Slow is the fun of actual progress.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 07, 2013, 10:37:58 pm »

Slow is the fun of actual progress.

This. I really like how we have a properly armed group of conscripts who can handle the naked mole dog invasion.

Too many industries were set to repeat without much rationale. I've changed that. Carpentry is going to take a break. Masonry needs to make more doors.

It finally occurs to me why the simulations showed an error with the pumpstack, and why the water level was dropping. The cavern area to the south is not a lake, rather it is a stretch of normal cavern that is used as a drain for the water flowing through the dining hall waterfall. That may need to be corrected now.

We have a book on the site. I believe it is in the cage with one of the necromancers, not one of those sieging us at the moment though.

Update: A green glass floodgate has been installed on the reactor drain. Other than that, some jobs have been optimised so we now have woodcutting and fortification in the caverns.

Update2: Noticed bedrooms not zoned properly. WTF. A proper scrutinization of this clusterfuck has to be carried out.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 11:25:06 pm by CaptainArchmage »

UristTheGrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 07, 2013, 11:40:07 pm »

Wait, whose turn is it?

Psuedonym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 08, 2013, 02:12:48 am »

CaptainArchmage's turn, I believe. That's what I'm reading on the first post.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 08, 2013, 02:37:50 am »

Le read le pages 19 and 20, le please, gentlemen.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #309 on: March 08, 2013, 04:20:26 am »

It finally occurs to me why the simulations showed an error with the pumpstack, and why the water level was dropping. The cavern area to the south is not a lake, rather it is a stretch of normal cavern that is used as a drain for the water flowing through the dining hall waterfall. That may need to be corrected now.
Ah yeah, that was me; the south-east section vent was a sudden decision to allow drainage for the waterfall. Good choice too since it flows off the map there having been channelled from the apparently infinite first cavern layer lake. Had I not have done that it was would have caused backflood since the upper area was already mostly 6/7.

As an aside... page 19 and 20? Of what? W-where? There's only 7 pages in this topic...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 04:24:31 am by eharper256 »
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 08, 2013, 04:33:05 am »

As an aside... page 19 and 20? Of what? W-where? There's only 7 pages in this topic...

Depends on your config for posts per page. The forum's default is 15.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 08, 2013, 10:43:14 am »

Depends on your config for posts per page. The forum's default is 15.

If we go by reply count, that's better. No errors as with counting pages.

I'm having the floodgate in the reactor drain linked up to a lever in the control chamber. In the meantime, the reactor chamber has been smoothed up and some walls are being put up in the first cavern layer.

Book of the Archwiseard, entry of 16th Slate 1089:

I've noticed that a lot of our residents are sleeping in beds crammed into towers or in open areas of the fortress. That's going to change now, all those dwarves without a room (including the children) are firstly going to be assigned rooms in the prepared areas, which will have proper doors to keep out the nasties. We will then go about housing the rest of the dwarves.

Question: Is it acceptable to name one of the other unclaimed dwarves?

Edit: We have a forgotten beast, Zolak Omubnguksmunxaz "Zolak the Silty Servant-Weevil", a gigantic humanoid composed of flame. It has a knobby trunk and it has a bloated body. Its in the second cavern layer, but not moving. A region of the cavern has been burned out.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 12:46:18 pm by CaptainArchmage »

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 08, 2013, 01:35:04 pm »

Yah, we know about Zolak.

Added more or less reasonable explicit dorfing rules to the first post. TL;DR: feel free to name five undorfed dwarves, and toy with profession names of any undorfed dwarves.

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #313 on: March 09, 2013, 04:56:35 am »

Zolak has been around since my turn. He was content to nap in the cavern setting things on fire so I left him there.

Yeah I'd forgot about posts per page. I tend to always set it high (50+ per page) since I like big pages rather than millions of pages.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 09, 2013, 08:46:01 am »

Damn lazy dorfs. I KNOW I ordered those gates linked to the lever.

Ah well, I'll just blame it on the duck.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 100