Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moltenchannel's council decisions

Our uniform shall be blood (red)
- 0 (0%)
Danger room training shall be forbidden.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 02, 2013, 10:22:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 100

Author Topic: Moltenchannels - The magma flows - FINAL TURN (Ardentdikes II)  (Read 385515 times)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - The Vampire Chronicles (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #405 on: March 23, 2013, 09:24:13 pm »

Shouldn't be a problem. As stable as we are now, unless we're lucky enough to have something hilariously catastrophic happen, you should have a fort by the time your turn rolls around again.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 25, 2013, 06:07:10 am »

Sorry about the delays, ive been working on the fort, and ill try and get the first season out tomorrow.

Damn game crashed on me about halfway through granite, had to redownload it. Game was getting corrupted.
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 26, 2013, 10:59:57 pm »

If that becomes a serious issue we're gonna have to call Ardentdykes III  "Damn it Wastedlabour, stop sealing our forts in other dimensions!"

Although it would make sense for Udib to climb over a wall and leg it to safe sealing distance the second McDuck turned up.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:01:33 pm by Urist McKiwi »

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 26, 2013, 11:12:20 pm »

Whenever you have a repeated crash keep an eye open on what may be interacting with what, particularly stuff being molten by lava. If we identify the cursed object we could try moving it to a magma proof stone case.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 27, 2013, 09:32:16 pm »

Game crashed AGAIN, i think i figured out the issue though, and fixed it. Now onto try #3.

Overseer's Log:

Granite 1:

After two very vivid dreams about me being the overseer of this fort, i awoke to realize in fact, that i had NOT been overseer, and that i still had a whole year ahead of me.

After perusing the gargantuan stack of papers that CaptainArchmage gave to me, i have a general idea of how the fort actually works now.

first off, we need to take care of the ghosts that are just hanging around in our forts. We have no less than NINE ghosts around the fort, and a necromancer in a cage...

Food Situation is, actually pretty good. Over 750 units of drink and over 2400 prepared meals (I had the cook stop working on them)

Time to see what the status is on those slabs.

*Many hours later*

After tracking down the mason's workshop, i found that in fact, previous overseer s HAD created the slabs, they just never got around to having them engraved. Time to fix that situation.

After going to the craftsdwarf's shops and getting them to engrave NINE slabs, i have checked on our current tomb situation to find that we are FULL. So full in fact, that i see no vacancies. As a result, i have designated a 9x26 area to be FILLED with coffins (the right third is going to be where the slabs are kept. If we cant give them good tombs, we can at least have our dead sleeping in coffins, rather than on the floor.

4th granite:

In order to boost morale, i have put the military on break, but told them to keep all of their equipment, so they wouldn't have to run and go get it when invaders show up.

5th Granite:

A dwarf's pet cat gave birth to two kittens. That however, is not the scarring part of it. The scarring part of it is that she gave birth so hard that the kittens were BLOWN 25 feet away from her (What a way to enter the world). Made even MORE impressive by the fact that she still had them stay on the tiny ledge that overlooks the main entrance.

That's right, MoltenChannels is so hardcore that the cats give explosive birth!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 09:57:52 pm by bp920091 »
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 27, 2013, 10:25:49 pm »

Game crashed AGAIN, i think i figured out the issue though, and fixed it. Now onto try #3.

I hate when people does this. Please, say what you think you fixed so other people down the line can try it too if they have the same problem.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

Strange, since this has never before affected any DF game, and

I hate when people does this. Please, say what you think you fixed so other people down the line can try it too if they have the same problem.

I Didnt say why becase it was completely unrelated to DF.

I run a program called BOINC, used for data crunching for large organizations, and while i had it turned off (No tasks running, they were suspended), BOINC would strangely use the same memory that DF was using and DF would crash as soon as i hit the 14th of Granite.

Since i turned BOINC off (made sure it was NOT even running), i have had no issues.

Odd, because it shouldnt have been using the same data, and BOINC without any tasks running has the footprint of an internet browser with nothing running on it.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 28, 2013, 04:25:46 am »

A dwarf's pet cat gave birth to two kittens. That however, is not the scarring part of it. The scarring part of it is that she gave birth so hard that the kittens were BLOWN 25 feet away from her (What a way to enter the world). Made even MORE impressive by the fact that she still had them stay on the tiny ledge that overlooks the main entrance.

Thank Armok there wasn't a spike pit in the wrong place....

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile

Woohoo, still alive!

Which is odd, since I think i was dorfed way early.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Considering our underground defenses are basically a couple doors and traps, and a stairwell completely exposed to flyers, it's quite amazing nothing serious has happened. ???

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We don't seem to encounter a lot of fliers. It's strange. Normally I can't get away from them.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

30th Granite:

This has been a very productive month, as all nine ghosts that were screaming through the fortress have been put to rest, and a good 90 additional coffins have been constructed and are ready to be filled (with pets and dwarves, since we have so many).

This includes the ghost that was screaming at the non-bezerk vampire. As the ghost was laid to a rest, the screaming stopped, and you could hear a whispered "Thank you" from down the hall.

Additionally, a complete rework over the squads seems to be needed. After interviewing all of the millitary, i can see that the squads have.... little to nothing in common within their squads. The squads may seem to have the requisite skills, but in fact, have little to nothing in common, skillwise.

I have rearranged the 5 unskilled and actually pretty well equipped squads into 3 squads

The Gears of Living: Hammerdwarf
Sauvage as the Millitia Commander and 9 other dwarves

The Blockades Arches: Marksdwarfs
UristTheGrey II as the millitia captain, and 9 other dwarves (of note is Led Nirdoren Tangathniral Birir, or Led as he is normally called, who has killed 7 zonbies and 6 goblins/trolls

The helmed Taxes: Axedwarfs
Lef by Erush Lorod, Magmaman as the millitia captain, and 9 other dwarves.

Of second note, we have little to no bedrooms for the average citizen. As such, i have mandated construction of 196 bedrooms, in a windmill villa style (28 1x3 bedrooms per floor, 7 floors). Each dwarf will get a bed, cabinet, and chest.

This part of an arcane design that took many years and better dwarves than I to work out. As i discovered this on a hidden tome sealed away for hundreds of years.

30th Granite:

This has been a very productive month, as all nine ghosts that were screaming through the fortress have been put to rest, and a good 90 additional coffins have been constructed and are ready to be filled (with pets and dwarves, since we have so many).

This includes the ghost that was screaming at the non-bezerk vampire. As the ghost was laid to a rest, the screaming stopped, and you could hear a whispered "Thank you" from down the hall.

Additionally, a complete rework over the squads seems to be needed. After interviewing all of the millitary, i can see that the squads have.... little to nothing in common within their squads. The squads may seem to have the requisite skills, but in fact, have little to nothing in common, skillwise.

I have rearranged the 5 unskilled and actually pretty well equipped squads into 3 squads

The Gears of Living: Hammerdwarf
Sauvage as the Millitia Commander and 9 other dwarves

The Blockades Arches: Marksdwarfs
UristTheGrey II as the millitia captain, and 9 other dwarves (of note is Led Nirdoren Tangathniral Birir, or Led as he is normally called, who has killed 7 zonbies and 6 goblins/trolls

The helmed Taxes: Axedwarfs
Lef by Erush Lorod, Magmaman as the millitia captain, and 9 other dwarves.

Of second note, we have little to no bedrooms for the average citizen. As such, i have mandated construction of 196 bedrooms, in a windmill villa style (28 1x3 bedrooms per floor, 7 floors). Each dwarf will get a bed, cabinet, and chest.

In order to prevent the mass raising of corpses, i have started dumping the corpses of non-dwarves into the magma moat.

26th Slate:

We get some more migrants, 7 of them, and we also have a baby boy being born.

1st Felsite:

another baby boy is being born, someone might have slipped in fertility drugs into the local booze supply. At least this is not birthed over the volcano (but it was birthed over a staircase...)

10th Felsite:

Shockingly, we have filled up all the coffins needed... Sixty were filled, with another fifteen standing ready.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 03:00:20 am by bp920091 »

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

19th Felsite:

A Necromancer showed up. along with a good 60 undead. Lucky for us, we had the gates up, and had purged all the corpses inside of our base. The military is put on immediate standby, and the archers have orders to report to the walls.

20th Felsite:

Lucky for us, the zombies ran into a kobold ambush. Poor things, we're taking bets on how long it will take until they get slaughtered.

22nd Felsite:

Unlucky for us, its not one necromancer, it's FIVE!

« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 03:28:26 am by bp920091 »

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...90 additional coffins have been constructed...

Additionally, a complete rework over the squads seems to be needed...

I have mandated construction of 196 bedrooms, in a windmill villa style (28 1x3 bedrooms per floor, 7 floors)...

...we have filled up all the coffins needed...

You truly deserve your title, Legendary +5 Organizer :D
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oooh, the Power Necros team strikes again. Maybe they want to rescue our prisoner.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 100