Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moltenchannel's council decisions

Our uniform shall be blood (red)
- 0 (0%)
Danger room training shall be forbidden.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 02, 2013, 10:22:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 100

Author Topic: Moltenchannels - The magma flows - FINAL TURN (Ardentdikes II)  (Read 383813 times)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - The Queen of Blood - 39,686 Kills (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #630 on: June 05, 2013, 10:00:21 am »

He is currently being carried out. He was wearing shoes or boots. I believe the trouble may be forgotten beast meat or forgotten beast intestines that have become military rations. I think I will make all such meat forbidden, just in case.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 05, 2013, 09:06:18 pm »

That's excellent. Toxic food is bad enough but a fatal extract would have been....problematic.

Good thing Urist McDonald was taken out before he took his cooking to the next level.....

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 05, 2013, 10:33:53 pm »

That's excellent. Toxic food is bad enough but a fatal extract would have been....problematic.

Good thing Urist McDonald was taken out before he took his cooking to the next level.....

The Archwiseard's Journal, 2nd Slate 1093, continued

I determined that Sodel Gusilalis was wearing only one boot and one sock, but there were no traces of forgotten beast extract on his body, only the blood from some other dwarf. I did, however, find some forgotten beast meat in his backpack, and I've had the stuff forbidden in general throughout the fortress. There is forgotten beast meat and there are prepared forgotten beast intestines. At least one of the two may be toxic.

In other news, there is a fire burning on the corner of the island, but it is not going to spread because of the wall. I really need to build more of those.

Moltenchannels Military Review, 2nd Slate 1093,
by CaptainArchmage II, Archwiseard

Following the death of Sodel Gusilalis, the Captain of the Guard, I have reviewed our military and the Fortress Guard.

-Two of our military squads, which are the royal squad and The Blockaded Arches are complete with 10 members.
-The Dead Armors are nearly full, with 9 members.
-The Helmed Taxes have 8 members.
-The Laborious Assemblies have only 7 members.
-The Balanced Furnaces, the Fortress Guard, are leaderless and have only 4 members.

I have noticed a large number of dwarves have very high weapon skills, but are not in any squad. Here are the new additions:

New Additions to The Helmed Taxes:
Position 8: The Fisherdwarf Stukos Gusilathel "Copperringed" will be joining as an Adept Axe Dwarf, and will not be performing any mining work. Please make your way to weapons storage where we will exchange your pick for an axe.

Position 9: Woodcutter Obok Asteshlâven "Cudgelpraries". She has no fighting skills as of yet, but that is going to change.

New additions to the Fortress of the Guard squad, The Balanced Furnaces:

Captain of the Guard: Udil "Bluecloisters" will be the new Captain of the Guard. He is a novice Speardwarf, also had been assigned mining duties but did not have a spare pick. I have assigned him an exceptional quality iron spear, and fixed an oversight with his uniform that said "wear one iron high boot and one sock".

Position 3: Udib Edoszasit "Amazeknives", Glassmaker.

Position 6: Shem Lorbamèzum "Standardhame", Farmer.

Position 7: Momuz Ingishdeleth "Bodicepolish", Shearer.

Position 8: Lorbam Gatizlogem "Fondledpaint", Stoneworker.

Position 10: Mistêm Dumateral "Roughvessels", Mason.

New additions to The Dead Armors

Position 10: Erush Tathurkilrud "Scribebronze", Herbalist. She has some fighting, armor use, and dodging skills, and is a resident of New Townbrush.

New additions to The Laborious Assemblies

Position 4: Monom Adagbomrek "Soakedwhip", Legendary Woodcrafter. She is skilled with both crossbows and normal bows. Dwarves equipped with crossbows do use them for self-defence, so this will also help protect our population when off-duty.

Position 8: Tulon Cattenbuzat "Channeltwigs", a Metalcrafter.

Position 10: Amost Unnosmûthkat "Hoofmansion", a Blacksmith.

CaptainArchmage II's Overview
As a result of these reforms, all squads are now full with 10 members. This should keep the military in good order for now.

Updating finished, time to start playing again. I have a tomb to dig and roads to build. Expect another update with a new twist.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:26:31 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 06, 2013, 12:06:53 am »

So that's, what, seven or eight times that the forest has caught fire? I'm losing count.

Edit: Also, I'm trying to work out a zippy 'CSI: Moltenchannels' line, but I think I'm out of bad puns and YEAAAAAAAHs.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:08:56 am by Urist McKiwi »

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 06, 2013, 08:03:40 am »

Wuss ;)

I think this fortress has a bad case of... crabs.

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 06, 2013, 09:50:21 am »

Syndromes can be passed through the flesh of a dead beast? Now there's something that warrants further Science...
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 06, 2013, 02:15:07 pm »

Syndromes can be passed through the flesh of a dead beast? Now there's something that warrants further Science...

I thought this was common knowledge?  :o
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 06, 2013, 04:51:07 pm »

I thought this was common knowledge?  :o

Apparently not, given we gave the stuff to the military.

Now a few of them are off to meat their maker.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 06, 2013, 04:55:10 pm »

Ha!

Which reminds me, there should be a forgotten beast corpse sitting in the butcher. For ah... decoration purposes.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 06, 2013, 05:25:51 pm »

Ha!

Which reminds me, there should be a forgotten beast corpse sitting in the butcher. For ah... decoration purposes.

I just realised the blood of this particular beast is smeared in a nearly walled-off area ten levels below the surface. Nearly. Something might just walk through that area. I'm going either to send a cleanup team down there or fully wall off the area.

Wuss ;)

I think this fortress has a bad case of... crabs.

The trouble is actually fire imps, not crabs. We have a necromancer or five in a cage(s) somewhere, so we can get undead crabs though. Undead crabs got a high rating in player reviews.

Edit: Hang on let me write an article.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 05:29:51 pm by CaptainArchmage »

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 06, 2013, 05:39:50 pm »

I just realised the blood of this particular beast is smeared in a nearly walled-off area ten levels below the surface. Nearly. Something might just walk through that area. I'm going either to send a cleanup team down there or fully wall off the area.

That is correct. I left it there just in case somebody needs it, but the area is set as restricted. Nobody but cats should wander there, and well...

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 06, 2013, 08:54:50 pm »

That is correct. I left it there just in case somebody needs it, but the area is set as restricted. Nobody but cats should wander there, and well...

So to summarise:

-We had a fatal-extract beast killed.
-It got semi-walled off so that only cats would go in and be killed by the blood.
-Cats promptly died from walking in the blood.
-Therefore, we cut up the beast and fed it to people
-Who started to die.

Welcome to moltenchannels! Where food hygiene is our 17th priority!

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 06, 2013, 10:47:13 pm »

Actually, the beast wasn't cut up. There's a difference between ingested poisons and contact poisons - the deadly blood beast had a contact poison, so touching it causes you to die. The other beast had an ingested poison in its meat, so the people who ate the food started to die. Those are two separate syndromes.

5th Slate 1093, Journal Entry by CaptainArchmage

I found a large pool of forgotten beast blood that had been partly but not completely walled off. I ordered the walls to be finished, and the only remaining item is a door.

After sorting out our military arrangements, I noticed that New Townbrush had been considerably depopulated. I have moved most of The Dead Armors back into the town, along with the new royal legendary soldiers. Sebastyan Flyte and Urist McKiwi III are both living in good rooms beneath the upper caverns, so they’re not moving.

I will be moving into a room opposite my old vessel’s former room (now occupied by a herbalist), and will use the office space in the Stoneworker’s Guild. Residents within the Stoneworker’s Guild will be a Mechanic and one of the legendary royal soldiers. Sodel Mengmuth will use the office space in the Weaver’s Guild.

The new Captain of the Guard has moved into his rooms.

I also found a magazine lying around in the dining room with the dead kittens and overgrown waterfall, that is. Many of the pages contained images of nude beings of various species, but I found a few interesting articles within. I have made a few notes regarding the content.

Utteredspears Playdwarfs
Issue Slate 1093: Now with 150% more human on elf action!

The latest high-quality research™ by our editors indicates that undead magma crabs have useful applications in fortress defence. In a study sponsored by the Crab Defence Corporation®, while magma crabs are dangerous creatures capable of launching a ball of molten basalt through 2/7th of a road's width of copper, they are susceptible to colder temperatures and can be easily defeated when outside of its natural habitat and in range of dwarven weaponry.

The Crab Defence Corporation experimented with undead magma crabs, which are proven to be are nearly invulnerable to currently-available dwarven weaponry. It is hoped that the dwarves of the new Mountainhome, Moltenchannels the Leaky Ardent Dike, will use their captive necromancers and proximity to a volcano to develop and perfect this new weapon to asser our rightful superiority across the entire world.

Yes, we have magma crabs and fire imps. However, not much research has been done into capturing the things. We have effective weaponry, such as the Shroud of Armok, where the trigger accessible at all times, and the equipment can be maintained.

The Age of Moltenchannels

Our new Mountainhome heralds a new age! Our queen, Iden Glazequests, has departs this month for the new capital. In the coming weeks, our experts will be assessing our king’s first full month in Moltenchannels the Leaky Ardent Dyke. Some question whether Moltenchannels is an appropriate place for the capital. Located away from the mountains, what direction is our great civilization’s development taking? Respectable sources say Moltenchannels is far from safe, and is besieged not only from without by goblin hoards, lunatic environmentalist fiends, undead armies, double-dealing merchant princes, forgotten terrors from the ages of creation, and out of control forest fires, but also from within by rioting, uncontrolled poisons, idiotic planning, and vile political corruption at all levels of government. We will be investigating the validity of these claims in our next few editions. Does the mayor of Moltenchannels have elves in his bedroom? Is the baron of Moltenchannels a dangerous cook and scheming businessman who values his profits over the well-being of the population, and abuses his position to assert a monopolistic and sadistic tyranny over what our citizens eat? Read next months issue to find out!

Well fuck.

Don't miss next month’s edition!

*Playdwarf investigates the effects of underground living on the humans. Does underground habitation make humans more attractive? Can humans survive on a diet of mushrooms and dwarven rum?

*The sexiest heroes of the dwarven empires pose with the bloodiest weapons of all time! Expert citizens and expert military historians come together for the full overview of our glorious heritage.

*Reformed Elves: A tale of elves who are no longer elves. Playdwarf meets the ruthless preservers of nature who turned their backs on their heritage. We will be interviewing former prisoners of war and elven experts for their views on ridding the world of this uncivilized scourge.

*Are your children elf sympathizers? How to pick up the warning signs before it is too late.

*And much, much more.

I'll try to get my hands on a copy. Its a good idea to see what the rest of the world thinks of us here.

9th Slate 1093
Today, the goose Stukos Thosbutastesh was reported missing for a week. I haven't found any remains though, it might have been related to the volcano.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 07, 2013, 04:37:19 am »

Well, technically our baron isn't like that. Because he was our Count. And he's kinda dead for now.

I've seen magma crabs in the volcano and magma sea before quite a lot...but short of lining a room with magma-safe cage traps and draining the volcano into it...how can we capture these little buggers*?They didn't seem to leave the magma at all while I was running the place.

*This is not to say that I'm not in favour of trying to drain a volcano through the caverns so we can filter out lava-spitting monsters (Edit: In fact, since I think we've still got about 6 Forgotten Beasts down there, it might actually be a pretty good idea to melt everything down there). It's just that an approach that doesn't cause quite so many fires might be nice.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 04:39:09 am by Urist McKiwi »

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 07, 2013, 04:44:18 am »

Well, technically our baron isn't like that. Because he was our Count. And he's kinda dead for now.

I've seen magma crabs in the volcano and magma sea before quite a lot...but short of lining a room with magma-safe cage traps and draining the volcano into it...how can we capture these little buggers*?They didn't seem to leave the magma at all while I was running the place.

*This is not to say that I'm not in favour of trying to drain a volcano through the caverns so we can filter out lava-spitting monsters (Edit: In fact, since I think we've still got about 6 Forgotten Beasts down there, it might actually be a pretty good idea to melt everything down there). It's just that an approach that doesn't cause quite so many fires might be nice.

It would be irresponsible not to. 
where is up?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 100