Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moltenchannel's council decisions

Our uniform shall be blood (red)
- 0 (0%)
Danger room training shall be forbidden.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 02, 2013, 10:22:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 100

Author Topic: Moltenchannels - The magma flows - FINAL TURN (Ardentdikes II)  (Read 383872 times)

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - The Queen of Blood - 39,686 Kills (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #660 on: June 10, 2013, 04:48:17 pm »

We possibly can create some sort of sorting machine using pressure plates.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 10, 2013, 07:11:00 pm »

We possibly can create some sort of sorting machine using pressure plates.

This is incredibly dwarfy...who needs a ruler when you have mechanisms?

While we'd possibly still have issues with hauling, seperating out the microdwarves and putting them on tasks that don't require size/strength (strand-extraction sweatshop?) would leave the macrodwarves for important roles like "bashing things".

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 11, 2013, 05:24:45 am »

What bug?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #663 on: June 11, 2013, 12:29:36 pm »

They found a fix for the bug, and Putnam has posted a script that will run and repair the issue

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg4310810#msg4310810

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 11, 2013, 06:10:26 pm »

They found a fix for the bug, and Putnam has posted a script that will run and repair the issue

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg4310810#msg4310810

FINALLY! Now I can get back to playing the game. This will automagically grow up the screwed-up dwarves, right?

Edit: Thanks, Putnam. I have added the .lua fix to the raw folder, which means all future players will need to use DFhack for the fix to stick. However, the bug will be fixed and no changes have been otherwise made to the raws (I was thinking of making Microcline and Orthoclase as porcelain-making materials, as in real life, but whatever).

I've also noticed a new DFhack mod to allow invaders to dig. I think we can leave that out until 1) it gets further refined and 2) Moltenchannels hasn't been having enough trouble.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 07:16:47 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 12, 2013, 08:21:39 pm »

I've been trying to make the copy of Utterdspear's Playdwarfs for Felsite 1093, but the material is hard to fit in a reasonable volume. I'm stuck at "MOUNTAINHOME'S FILTHY SECRET" at the moment.

If the DFhack script blows up the save, I have a backup which I will revert to. Yes, progress is being made.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 15, 2013, 06:17:54 pm »

...is progress still being made? Been a while since an update.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 15, 2013, 10:24:41 pm »

...is progress still being made? Been a while since an update.

Working on it. As FPS has dropped to about 20 or so, progress is slow.

COMING UP!
-Elf Caravan
-Stupid job priorities
-More legendary grade vandals
-Reclaiming items from outside
-Pet cats rolling in the toxic blood causes more damage and !!SCIENCE!! Tantrum spiral inbound?
-Falling items
-Stupid accidents with dwarfs standing on hatches over ramps
-Dingos

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 16, 2013, 05:42:34 am »

Only one thing to do! Light the PILOT!

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 16, 2013, 08:23:35 pm »

There's currently a goblin ambush hanging around a trap, and not moving. These are some of the traps lying outside the fortress. I'm wondering whether I should try out the trap corridor, use crossbowdwarves, or light up the map.

We also got a giant eagle from the elves.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 08:32:48 pm by CaptainArchmage »

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 16, 2013, 11:58:25 pm »

There's currently a goblin ambush hanging around a trap, and not moving. These are some of the traps lying outside the fortress. I'm wondering whether I should try out the trap corridor, use crossbowdwarves, or light up the map.

We also got a giant eagle from the elves.

Light up the map. We need to test that magma weapon, and it might burn some scrap on the surface and improve FPS in the long run.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 17, 2013, 12:56:43 pm »

Aw, make my job easier and put up whole season reports. Linking to every update in the opening post is boring.  :P
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 17, 2013, 07:59:45 pm »

Bug report, bug report. Iden was born on 18th Slate of the year 15, according to her unit screen, but it says she is 96 years old. The year is 1093 and we're past 18th Slate, so she is 1,078 years old. Either the vampire code is screwed up or the age counter can't count that high.

I now need to put up the seasonal stuff, along with some special stuff.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 17, 2013, 09:37:39 pm »

The Archwiseard’s Report, 5th Slate 1093

The first stretch of the road is done and smoothed, though we haven’t opened it onto the caverns yet.

Seeing as nobody is out and about in the mid caverns, I am going to lock the doors and seal off the area.

I discovered that the lava moat was being used as a dump. I’ve stopped the practice, since we already have an automatic dumping system and I may use dumping orders to deliberately sort items.

I re-did some of the burrows to include new areas of the fortress in the “above ground” area.

I’m going to have the rest of the aboveground animal stockpile moved underground to temporary storage. In order to save time, dwarves will use wheelbarrows. If I have the time, I will build an underground storage depot for this stuff.

Atír Lňrneth has grown to become a Dwarven Child.

The eastern bridge to within the fortress walls is being torn down. It will be replaced with a full width bridge worthy of the Mountainhome.

I also found an interesting item lying on a throne in the dining hall.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've inserted the most important pages into the journal.

The Archwiseard’s Journal, 7th Felsite 1093

I ordered the fortifications around the island to be torn down as they expose the population inside to skilled archers outside, and do not permit dwarves to walk on top of them. The island is to be completely walled off. We can deal with goblins by constructing proper towers and having fortifications carved into the upper levels of walls.

Some of the dwarven children dismantling the walls managed to bring inside items from outside the island by means of the mysterious deconstruction phenomenon. I will have the corpses dumped in a safe place just in case necromancers come along.

I’ve also noticed Sazir Mebnomal, a cat, is now covered in blisters. Given these creatures seem to roll in whatever filth they can locate, it is not surprising. I have tasked Iden Tulonmĺmgoz “Roaddragons” with identifying the progression of the condition.

==
Medical Journal of Iden Tulonmĺmgoz, 1093
7th Felsite:

I have been informed that Sazir Mebnomal, pet of Zuglar âmalĺth, has been exposed to some forgotten beast blood. This has caused blistering on all parts of the body, including the skeleton and all the organs. I will be keeping updates in this journal daily for the progression of the condition.

8th Felsite:
The cat’s condition has progressed to failure of the main organs. As this includes the lungs, breathing has become impeded.

9th Felsite:
Sazir suffocated as a result of the forgotten beast poisoning.

In conclusion, Neca’s blood is extremely toxic and its effects are likely to kill in a few days. There appears to be a delay between the onset of the blistering and the organ failure that leads to death, however.
==

8th Felsite 1093

Today, I ordered the Royal Fist into the entry courtyard, and a hole made in the wall since the bridge has now been demolished. We’re going to salvage some items from the outside, including a weapon bin containing valuable items.

11th Felsite 1093

Today the mayor banned the export of helms.

12th Felsite 1093

To keep the goods outside safe, I’ve stationed the Dead Armors. The Royal Fist remains stationed at the entry courtyard so as not to allow any threats into the fortress. The fact that most dwarves are hauling gloves and oversized clothing doesn’t help things.

Amazingly, the fools do not delineate between clothing and weapons or armor when hauling “items”. However, if we tell them to only haul trash and tell them to dump the important items within the fortress, they will. I have shut down the dump into the magma moat, so hopefully the items will go where they are supposed to go.

Today, Sazir Mebnomal, Cat (Tame) was found dead. Apparently the lazy bastard we have for a Royal Doctor didn’t bother to report the death, despite all the details being noted down in his journal.

To finish off the day one of our novice engravers, Thîkut Udilrinul “Lanternintense” got a fey mood and claimed a craftsdwarf’s workshop.

One of our farmers has given birth.

13th Felsite 1093

An elven caravan from Rabesidaya has arrived.

One of the Turkey hens, čzum ětdůnurist, has grown up and also laid some eggs.

15th Felsite 1093

The weapon bin has been brought inside.

In order to stop the troops going out across the map, I restricted their movements to the same area as the civilians, and eventually ordered the Dead Armors to stand down.

17th Felsite 1093

Thîkut Udilrinul “Lanternintense” has begun work on his construction. The merchants have finally reached the interior of the fortress.

I’m dropping the outside jobs since the military tried to chase the dingos before I called them off. We don’t have a strong enough military to hold back a goblin ambush, and the construction of the towers outside requires having a more committed construction squad, so I am calling everyone back inside.

The Archwiseard’s Report, 21st Felsite 1093

While I called everyone inside, for some reason dwarves decided to drop their stuff on the drawbridge, including a copper cage and a bin full of armor. In the meantime, an ambush walked into a trap next to the volcano. Fortunately, I managed to pull everyone inside. The Vampire Queen has patrolled the entrance to ensure none of the goblins made it in.

I have no idea why dwarves just drop their items in such a dangerous place. We need a new policy that tells dwarves to leave the armor bins and haul the items inside the fortress individually.

Items recovered from the outside:
-Weapon Bin
-Bronze shield
-Bronze Wheelbarrow
-Armor Bin, thanks to the utter stupidity of one of our jewelers it was left on the drawbridge.
-Copper cage, thanks to the utter stupidity of one of our hunters it was left on the drawbridge.
-Feather wood animal trap, thanks to the utter stupidity of one of our farmers it was left on the drawbridge.
-Bronze vial, thanks to the utter stupidity of one of our military dwarves it was dropped on the drawbridge.

Construction performed outside:
-Single pillar of granite installed in towers.

The fortress has now been sealed off. I’m going to pull the goblins through the usual trap corridor. We’ll see what happens.

Its now time to trade with the elves. We have a large number of finished goods bins in the depot, and they have a giant eagle and a giant armadillos for sale.

Trading Report, Late Spring 1093

Traders: Elves/Humans/Dwarves (Delete as appropriate)
Dwarf representative: Kumil Olonatîs “Gearstake”, Cleaner.
Caravan arrived safely: Yes/No
Value of goods purchased: About 14000
Value of goods traded: About 21000
Profit Margin: 7000

Important goods purchased: Clay, Wood weapons, Female Giant Eagle, Giant Armadillo Boar, Giant Coati.

Incidents: Goblin ambush discovered after traders unloaded at depot. No immediate threat to traders.

23rd Felsite 1093

Today Thîkut Udilrinul “Lanternintense” finished his artefact. It is an alunite drunk with a picture of the queen ascending to the throne 1002 years ago, in the year 91.

I’ve made a minor alteration to the road design, since the previous one was not wide enough. The miners finished digging the section I ordered them to, so we’re going to move on.

We’re also going to launch the first attack wave against the goblin ambush. We will have two crossbow squads and the queen. I will be writing my report once we have finished with the attack.

Spring Report by CaptainArchmage, Archwiseard, 2nd Hematite 1093.

On 25th Felsite, we launched an attack against the goblin ambush, who were trying to get their leader out of one of the cage traps. The charge was lead by Iden Glazequests, supported by the Blockaded Arches. Meanwhile Iden Rigňthdalzat, the leader of the Laborious Assemblies, walked around the island to the other side in search of some equipment, so I called his squad off.

Noteable participants in the battle were Thîkut Udilrinul, the engraver who made Gubelumar the drum right before going out to rock the battle.

The goblin soldiers were pinned down by the Blockaded Arches, and slaughtered by Iden, mostly with an exceptional quality adamantine sword. She now carries the full title Iden Fikodiseth Letmoslĺrul Evuth, “Iden Glazequests the Cobolt Magicians of Scandal”. She has five “notable” kills on her list. I don’t know why the other 39,686 other kills were not. Only four of those were made with the sword.

With the fall of the goblin squad, I quickly called the troops inside. I pulled Iden Rigňthdalzat through the other entrance, and meanwhile one of our legendary carpenters, Melbil Athelvunom “Ringlung”, recovered a crate of ammunition that had been left outside. Today, we finally pulled everyone inside the fortress and sealed it off.

Moltenchannels: Where the queen gets "Scandal" in her title, the cleaner does the trading, and the squad leader goes on dingo safari when he should be shooting goblins.

Moltenchannels: Where much of the contamination is in the hospital, where military goods are only hauled as garbage, and where testing the lava gun is on indefinite hold because we have too many important items lying around outside.

Edit: Spoiler'd the images. I still have a few to add of the artefact and battle.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 09:43:39 pm by CaptainArchmage »

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 18, 2013, 07:54:38 pm »

Hmm. It might actually be a good idea to purge the fortress with magma. Given this stuff causes organ failure it's a lot more serious than it looked earlier...

Alternatively, we could pump water up to the top of the hospital tower then drain it out through the hospital into the caverns, hopefully taking the contamination with it.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 100