Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moltenchannel's council decisions

Our uniform shall be blood (red)
- 0 (0%)
Danger room training shall be forbidden.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 02, 2013, 10:22:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 100

Author Topic: Moltenchannels - The magma flows - FINAL TURN (Ardentdikes II)  (Read 385906 times)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - The Burning Zombie - Overseers needed (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #915 on: October 06, 2013, 10:31:59 pm »

Yeah, that's not one of the older ghosts. That's one of the ones I had to have the military put down because he started a strange mood and couldn't get his project going. My last turn had two of those. I could swear I'd ordered some coffins made. I know we didn't have any when I ordered them, and I couldn't find the bloody graveyard to see if any of the placed ones were free.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: October 07, 2013, 03:18:21 am »

Yeah, that's not one of the older ghosts. That's one of the ones I had to have the military put down because he started a strange mood and couldn't get his project going. My last turn had two of those. I could swear I'd ordered some coffins made. I know we didn't have any when I ordered them, and I couldn't find the bloody graveyard to see if any of the placed ones were free.

No worries there, we've got about 6 graveyards all up, none of which are possible to find half the time.

Edit: How are our artifacts going these days? Anything more valuable than that raw-candy amulet I came up with?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:59:13 am by Urist McKiwi »

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 13, 2013, 02:27:25 am »

Any progress? it's been a week since the last update.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 13, 2013, 09:03:14 am »

Any progress? it's been a week since the last update.

Sorry I feel ill for a week, and a lot of work happened.

Journal of CaptainArchmage III, 4th Felsite 1097

Time is moving slowly around here. To speed things up, I ordered the useless catapult room demolished. We will built a siege training area above it, and recover the used ballista bolts.

I also discovered this corpse, which was showing signs that the disembodied spirit was floating around the fortress. I immediately ordered a slab to be engraved, just in case.

Note by CaptainArchmage: When the body of a citizen turns from a smiley face into a "@", it usually means the former spirit has risen and is haunting the fortress. This is useful because the ghost may not show itself before it is too late.

Journal of CaptainArchmage III, 8th Felsite 1097

Therapy is very good around here. Not too long ago, this guy was about to go berserk.

Journal of CaptainArchmage III, 9th Felsite 1097

Mining work is beginning on a new barracks, which will both help increase defences toward the deeper depths and protect a vault. Unlike the barracks built by one of the previous leaders, this will include a well and a staircase. I was hoping to get all new rooms up to scratch (complete with office, dining room, well, and storage space) but these are just barracks. This will keep the miners occupied so I can spend time on other things.

I have lowered the drawbridges to the entrance for maintenance. Two of the drawbridges do not meet my guidelines, being made out of sterling silver and aluminium, neither of which are magma-safe. They will be both be replaced by platinum bridges if I can find any platinum. Defence arrangements are completely screwed up, but then we're expecting an elf caravan and so there's a good reason to leave the entrance open. I don't want more mess outside.

Journal of CaptainArchmage III, 11th Felsite 1097

I found this copper breastplate while searching through the inventory. It looks like one of the goblin soldiers was beaten to death with his or her own armor.

Why was I searching through the inventory? Because we have no steel. My objective is to melt down all the low-quality steel gear we have which gives at least a 100% return, and replace it with better quality items. To speed up the process, I have to clear all the old melt orders on copper, silver, and iron items, and I've taken my time to look at what we have. We'll start by melting down the superior quality steel discs. Superior quality? Really? We need Exceptional quality and Masterwork quality over here in the Mountainhomes.

Journal of CaptainArchmage III, 18th Felsite, 1097

The Elven caravan is approaching the fortress, somewhat later than I hoped. The good news is we have a finely-crafted green glass statue of one of their explorers, Amane Glossglowing, to trade with them. It depicts one of their heros, and it is green! I will not write my thoughts on an official journal about that. I would prefer to sell the exceptional quality goblets and keep the statue. No, we didn't get any more copies of those statues! Whenever we make one it seems to depict a great event from history and needs to be kept within the fortress. Oh well.

I finally got some bars of pearlash and had a well-crafted clear glass window made. I was hoping for something better, but that is the only clear glass window we have. It will go in one of the towers.

BREAKING NEWS: The Mayor has a bed reserved in the lower northwestern wall-to-wall-with-beds-thing, despite having a very well built room in the mayoral mansion underground. Having just had a masterwork bed placed in the room above the upper northwestern wall-to-wall-with-beds-thing, I decided to see who else was in need of a room. There are two individual:

1) Momuz Athelvunom
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
2) Zulban Tobuleral Bâsenshotom Avuz, Ranger
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:18:12 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 13, 2013, 07:43:39 pm »

Wow. Having your armor ripped off and then getting beaten to death with it......that's a new one.

You should find plenty of low-grade steel crap. I bought a whole bunch from caravans during my turn but never got around to melting it down.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 19, 2013, 05:59:43 pm »

Moltenchannels is back!

Journal of CaptainArchmage III, 21st Felsite 1097

Trading with the Elves is in full swing, with Likot Heavensboots the Royal Swordsmaster doing the trading.

We sold ☼1020 worth of green glass goblets, along with the tubes that did not make the grade. That wiped out the entire trading stock faster than I anticipated, and as I was assigning more tubes for trading, I also found a few stacks of low quality green glass coffins in the furnaces. Who the fuck ordered this stuff to be made? We're supposed to be building grand tombs for our citizens, not these crudely-made coffins that are installed wall-to-wall in rooms, even in the dining rooms and hospitals. Based on the workforce assignments, we have been using anyone available to use the glass furnaces, which is why we have so many low-quality items piled up in there.

I suspect something is afoot in our fortress, because one of the doors in the control room near the depot was wide open when I saw the first round of trading. This door is operated by mechanisms, so what could have opened it? It has not been used for years as far as I know.
=======
At this point, I tried to exercise my options to increase FPS. I tried moving the save to another computer, but the performance was actually worse. I finally tried turning off weather and temperature, neither of which are really needed right now, unless we end up battling the fire beast or using the Shroud of Armok. FPS has doubled, so the game is now playable in a reasonable period of time. Unfortunately, I noticed that we have some carryover problems from Bowelpillars.

The settings for Invaders were turned off, and the settings for dwarf mode contaminant splatter were turned on. This meant we did not get any invaders, but then we did have contaminants spreading through the fortress like the plague. "Well fuck" is all I can say.
=======

Summer Report by CaptainArchmage III, Leader of Moltenchannels: 1st Hematite 1097

Summertime is upon us with not one cloud in sight. The chef is cooking up unicorn eye doughnuts, and the second barracks deep down is taking shape, complete with a well facility. I have high expectations that we can get personal wells for more of our dwarves.

I have not tried these, but they certainly look better than the other things called "food" in Moltenchannels.

I completely forgot about this! The miners seemed to be hauling things to the depot, but they actually got some work done.

With the coming of the new season, I have grand plans for the future of the Mountainhome. This fortress and the dwarven kingdom need a better future, but the Vampire Queen, Iden Glazequests the Cobalt Magicians of Scandel, transcended this world three years ago. I am prepared to be king of Arcethingish, "The Strategic Bodices". Let us see what we can do here!

The Journal continues from here....

This is an interesting work I found on a mango wood bucket, which will go in the barracks well. Our dwarves must have great imaginations and command spiritual forces from deep within the Mountain, right?

The hole we made in the wall is being patched up now, and the front gate is being re-attached to a lever with magma-proof gears. After we stopped paying attention to the weather and temperatures, work has sped up nicely!

BREAKING NEWS: The Mayor has a bed reserved in the lower northwestern wall-to-wall-with-beds-thing, despite having a very well built room in the mayoral mansion underground. Having just had a masterwork bed placed in the room above the upper northwestern wall-to-wall-with-beds-thing, I decided to see who else was in need of a room. There are two individual:

1) Melbil Athelvunom
2) Zulban Tobuleral Bâsenshotom Avuz, Ranger

Since Momuz has been doing a lot of carpentry, and the bed is his, I decided to give him the room. His old bed has been moved there as well, so all that is left for him to do is clear out the pile of worn out socks and other clothing. I may be able to build an office and workshop up to the minecart tracks, which can both be purposed to supply a wood for him to work with, and and provide a great sight. As an added bonus, the office windows are be just beneath the Shroud of Armok's muzzle.

Journal of CaptainArchmage III, 4th Hematite 1097

Another statue came out of the glass furnaces today, depicting the fall of the former Count "Urist McDonald" Mirrorstokes! Once I am king and the formalities are over, I need to pick a new Duke.

Request by CaptainArchmage: Is there any DFHack script to pick a new Count? There is a script to pick a king, but not one for a count.

Journal of CaptainArchmage III, 9th Hematite 1097

Amazingly, we managed to reach the weight limit for the Elven caravan. I traded a green glass drum and window to finish off, obtaining all but one stack of the remaining arrows. There is a box of cloth we might be able to use, but I don't think it is really necessary to purchase it.

This stack of meals is worth over ☼15000!

I bought some of the clay brought by the elves, and found a suitable potter. We now have a stoneware statue of cyclops and an earthenware pot. If we had miners or engravers to spare, I could run a minecart track from the clay soil back to the furnaces.

[Post ongoing]
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 09:19:33 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 19, 2013, 08:04:15 pm »

Back from a very happy month on Poland, will update the first post soon.  :D
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: October 19, 2013, 08:06:41 pm »

Ah, the additional coffins were mine, since I couldn't find a graveyard. And then I sort of forgot about it when the turn ended.

And what's grander than being able to watch your deceased loved ones slowly decay into rotting sludge? Really.

Also, welcome back Wastedlabor!

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great. So now not only do we resemble some of the worse parts of the Napoleonic Wars, soon we'll have the French Revolution as well.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - The Rising Towers - Overseers needed (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #924 on: October 21, 2013, 05:38:11 am »

Provisionally signing myself for a turn.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Great. So now not only do we resemble some of the worse parts of the Napoleonic Wars, soon we'll have the French Revolution as well.
Well we're already memorialising the deposing of nobility.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well we're already memorialising the deposing of nobility.

The Count died and was relieved of his duties at that moment. The statue therefor likely depicts the spirit of Urist McDonald.

I'm going to be minting a run of coins. The king designs the currency of the nation, so expect to have some sexy horrors on both sides of the coins. If the next release were out, the merchants might be distributing them throughout the world, and after retiring the fort to AI control an adventurer would be using the Moltenchannels designs.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 21, 2013, 06:36:20 pm »

Provisionally signing myself for a turn.

I greatly look forward to Udib's reflections on the past 19 years of ruinous bloodshed and destruction.

I'm going to be minting a run of coins. The king designs the currency of the nation, so expect to have some sexy horrors on both sides of the coins. If the next release were out, the merchants might be distributing them throughout the world, and after retiring the fort to AI control an adventurer would be using the Moltenchannels designs.

I did some coins during my last term, IIRC. Not sure what happened to any of them, or even if they were finished. If you can find any of them it'd be neat to see what they turned out like.

I'm hoping our future currency isn't too NSFW although it would make for some fantastic IC writing.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 21, 2013, 07:00:01 pm »

I did some coins during my last term, IIRC. Not sure what happened to any of them, or even if they were finished. If you can find any of them it'd be neat to see what they turned out like.

You mean the 15000 aluminium coins?

I'm hoping our future currency isn't too NSFW although it would make for some fantastic IC writing.

It probably will be now.

koter

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Write Post: taken by mood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 22, 2013, 02:19:18 am »

Fun read!
Please dorf me as Koter (male). Preferably an engraver or active military dwarf. Otherwise, your choice. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 04:36:15 am by koter »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 100