Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moltenchannel's council decisions

Our uniform shall be blood (red)
- 0 (0%)
Danger room training shall be forbidden.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 02, 2013, 10:22:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 100

Author Topic: Moltenchannels - The magma flows - FINAL TURN (Ardentdikes II)  (Read 383849 times)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - Bees? BEES! - Overseers needed (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #1140 on: March 25, 2014, 07:02:15 pm »

Okay, so you did indeed end up in your tomb proper. Any idea where the levers are to open the bridges? We had an elf caravan arrive, but I can't find the lever to open the bridge.

---

So, I'm getting annoyed with the constant complaints about Hematite. I've hunted down and ordered several veins mined out completely. In addition, I ordered all the trees in the surface compound, as well as all those which have grown underground and are blocking some passages. It seems to work, since we've found someone dead now that trees are being removed. Figures.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: March 25, 2014, 11:17:53 pm »

They're exactly where they've been for the last 15 years or so. Hang on....

That's on the surface, BTW.

Snipped out of an old screenshot, so there may be a few more there now. They are ALL labelled in the notes screen, so if you look over those you should be able to work them pretty well.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: March 27, 2014, 05:39:00 am »

Ah. Thank you. Also, I've been unable to locate them for 15 years, so I'm glad to finally have a screen shot.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: March 29, 2014, 06:37:59 pm »

So, finally to summer, with nothing worse to report than one of our dwarves being possessed. I'm not sure where they've gone, though honestly, finding anything in this place is a decidedly epic quest. Fortunately, aside from some minor administrative paper shuffling, and a few sharp thumps, I've not had to do much to keep the fortress going. Not counting the fix to the minecart, which very rapidly solved the refuse problem. The pace on the construction of the new areas of the fortress is still slow going because we're hauling entire boulders. I considered, momentarily redesignating them to use blocks, I decided against it, since I'm not currently able to decipher the plans for expansion.

As of the first of summer though, I'm ordering all the stone we have be cut into blocks. Of course we need more mason's workshops for that. Once we've managed to dig out all that hematite, I'm going to install a large number of mason's workshops down there. The design of the fortress makes it unfeasable to run minecarts all the way to the surface, but I'm going to plan out as close of a route as possible. That might be up to the next overseer to finish, because I'm pretty sure it can't be done in my time.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: March 30, 2014, 04:20:45 am »

My expansion plans are.....um....somewhere in the thread. Not sure where, really. I'll finish stuff when/if I take another turn, or it can just be improvised on top of my work.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: March 30, 2014, 07:33:05 pm »

That's mainly an excuse to ignore it and do other things.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: March 31, 2014, 04:01:30 am »

That's mainly an excuse to ignore it and do other things.
Pretty much. Has the forest caught fire again yet?

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: March 31, 2014, 08:20:24 pm »

Surprisingly no. Though historically summer has been the season for it. So time will tell.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: March 31, 2014, 10:48:08 pm »

Alright, I'm back, and it looks like my turn is up next! Nice. I've been away sorting out some computer issues that suddenly developed (frequent freezing, regardless of OS used), which have yet to be resolved. This may necessitate obtaining a new computer, actually. I'll still try to play the game on the other older systems I have available when my turn comes around.

I think Urist McKiwi III has a tomb on the palace level, and should be buried in there. It is the one right at the base of the staircase. You need to play around with labour assignments in order to get a dwarf to do that.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 10:58:32 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: April 01, 2014, 08:31:20 am »

Overseers still needed?

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: April 01, 2014, 11:03:41 am »

Always needed. And yes, McKiwi has been properly stuffed into her box.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: April 01, 2014, 11:27:44 am »

M'k. Put me on the list somewhere. Just not too close to the top I might or might not be busy in the next week or two.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: April 01, 2014, 08:26:21 pm »

And yes, McKiwi has been properly stuffed into her box.

Truly, a most dignified end to my dashingness.

Edit: One problem we do have is that Wastedlabor seems to be MIA.....so we may not be able to update the turns list without starting a new one.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: April 02, 2014, 06:24:51 am »

Don't worry, he'll be around.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: April 03, 2014, 05:04:02 am »

So it's been a month and a half and... well, we had a minor issue. See after opening the bridge to let out the merchants, no one bothered to CLOSE the bridge. And so, some of the dwarves went outside. And now they're fighting an animated skeleton from some monster. CogDiss was just killed by it. I could hide inside the fortress, but I've decided that it's not worth it for just one enemy. I've organized the military, and ordered them to go out and make with the redeath of the beastie. Until I find a replacement, I've had Wastedlabor pick up the Managerial duties. Also, our Aristocratic compatriot has claimed a Clothier's workshop and is busily working on his mysterious construction. I've also begun repairing some holes in the wall to the south. Which started by chopping down the trees. I've also got several Mason's workshops now under construction in the depths of the fortress. Once those are complete, I'll have them set to blocks. Lots, and lots, and lots of blocks.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 100