Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moltenchannel's council decisions

Our uniform shall be blood (red)
- 0 (0%)
Danger room training shall be forbidden.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 02, 2013, 10:22:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 100

Author Topic: Moltenchannels - The magma flows - FINAL TURN (Ardentdikes II)  (Read 385957 times)

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - Bees? BEES! - Overseers needed (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #1155 on: April 03, 2014, 05:34:17 am »

Well, the worst that can happen is that a lone skeleton wipes out our entire military.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: April 03, 2014, 08:20:15 am »

Well, the worst that can happen is that a lone skeleton wipes out our entire military.

So you thought it was a good idea to just say that out loud?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: April 03, 2014, 11:22:12 am »

If you need dwarves to pull a lever, make a burrow over the lever, assign a dwarf to it, ensure it gets pulled, and then remove the dwarf from the burrow.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: April 03, 2014, 09:25:56 pm »

I mean, that I didn't tell them to pull it again. I was busy making sure the Aristocrat with the strange mood didn't go berserk and kill everyone, and didn't realize the problem until I got death messages.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: April 04, 2014, 09:10:49 am »

Bloody power outages. Middle of saving, the power flickers out just long enough to kill the computer and corrupt the save. Fortunately, I was able to recover the auto-save. It was before the issue with the skeletons though.

That said, we lost an artifact rope reed shirt and several military members who approached the skeleton one at a time.

This time I opened the west bridge, with all the traps for the elves to leave from. We'll see if that works out any better.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: April 04, 2014, 09:20:45 am »

That doesn't seem too bad. You could end up with a better artifact this way. Not just that, you could save a bunch of lives possibly.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: April 04, 2014, 10:31:50 am »

Bloody power outages. Middle of saving, the power flickers out just long enough to kill the computer and corrupt the save. Fortunately, I was able to recover the auto-save. It was before the issue with the skeletons though.

That said, we lost an artifact rope reed shirt and several military members who approached the skeleton one at a time.

This time I opened the west bridge, with all the traps for the elves to leave from. We'll see if that works out any better.

Just stop everyone going outside using the alerts. Take your time to get them set up properly! Let the elves out, but pull the lever.

Probably some necromancers sneaked in and started animating the few corpses actually left outside.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: April 04, 2014, 09:13:37 pm »

Where's the fun in that? Besides, I stationed a squad just inside the gate area, so they'll be hitting it just after it's been through the traps. And it's actually the only undead out there. I looked.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: April 04, 2014, 11:57:38 pm »

Where's the fun in that? Besides, I stationed a squad just inside the gate area, so they'll be hitting it just after it's been through the traps. And it's actually the only undead out there. I looked.

There are probably a few necromancers out there too. I’d recommend getting some cages ready and dumping the skeleton when de-animated in a strategic location to attract the necromancers. Usually they bring books or slabs that have fun content.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: April 04, 2014, 11:58:14 pm »

So you thought it was a good idea to just say that out loud?

I want to see how many McKiwi's I can have killed off in this fort. So far we're at 2, technically 3 if you count the RP'd "fled the fort with a bunch of treasure" end of McKiwi II.

The way to handle milita attacks is to close the bridges, station 2-3 squads (have marksdwarves around, since they're useful backup), then open the bridges when you've got 15-20 soldiers ready to go. Works a treat.

That said, you should really use my nice half-finished tower/walkway network to snipe the damned thing instead. Undead are nearly impossible to kill in melee without taking casualties.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OP updated. Sorry for the absence, been distracted by Zomboid multiplayer. :P
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OP updated. Sorry for the absence, been distracted by Zomboid multiplayer. :P

Ooh, nice. I really need to spend a few hours getting the hang of Project Zomboid again....been a year or so since I played around with it. I've personally just discovered the joys of Deus Ex and System Shock 2. Have they fixed the construction system to let you build multistory stuff yet?

Edit: In addition to being 13-15 years late to the good first-person-RPG-shooter-sci-fi-game-thingies bandwagon...I'd like to sign on for another turn after Notquitethere. If there's any skips in the turn list then I'll cancel until after some more people have played....the fortress needs a break from my unique style of management.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 03:48:37 am by Urist McKiwi »

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the fortress needs a break from my unique style of management.

And the quotes section from your wit.  ;)
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New Log: By the twenty-sixth of Hematite, it's become clear that the merchants aren't intent on leaving very quickly. The gate is open, but the skeleton outside seems to have no interest in the tasty dwarf meat inside. With the Helmed Taxes, our crack hammer dwarf squad waiting just inside the gates, I've ordered the Laborious Assemblies, our ranged warriors, upon to the defensive Bulwark south of the gate. While I'm unsure how effective bolts and arrows will be, I'm hoping that the attack might provoke action and lure the undead beast into our traps. Or cause it to lay upon the elves, either one being a beneficial outcome for the fortress.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New Log: By the twenty-sixth of Hematite, it's become clear that the merchants aren't intent on leaving very quickly. The gate is open, but the skeleton outside seems to have no interest in the tasty dwarf meat inside. With the Helmed Taxes, our crack hammer dwarf squad waiting just inside the gates, I've ordered the Laborious Assemblies, our ranged warriors, upon to the defensive Bulwark south of the gate. While I'm unsure how effective bolts and arrows will be, I'm hoping that the attack might provoke action and lure the undead beast into our traps. Or cause it to lay upon the elves, either one being a beneficial outcome for the fortress.

As long as dwarves use the crossbows as ranged weapons and not as hammers, and as long as the lone skeleton isn’t backed up by numerous necromancers, it should be fine.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 100