Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moltenchannel's council decisions

Our uniform shall be blood (red)
- 0 (0%)
Danger room training shall be forbidden.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 02, 2013, 10:22:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 100

Author Topic: Moltenchannels - The magma flows - FINAL TURN (Ardentdikes II)  (Read 383816 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - The gates of hell (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #1320 on: July 16, 2014, 05:21:47 pm »

I've just figured it out (NQT's Linux-fu raises to Lv3). Just downloading the save now!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: July 16, 2014, 07:02:03 pm »

Cutey awoke to another year with a classic sewer brew headache. She rolled out of bed and tried not to think about the fact her clothes had all rotted away. At least her new room in the temple compound was tolerable. She was thinking idly about how the compound level was shaped like a giant dwarf face when there came a knock at her bedroom door...

"What d'you want?" she said with a groan, clutching her pounding head.

"It is time, Cutey," said the voice of Udib, her fellow cultist.

"Already?"

"Yes. It is time for you to become overseer in this grave time of darkness."

"Och, if you need me to Overlass, I guess I cannae say no..."

Meanwhile, outside the fortress walls five embattled goblins were cutting their way through the dense forest. Amxu stepped on another bubble bulb a wearily scanned the gaps through the trees. Moltenchannels is in good lands, they said. Moltenchannels is rich and ripe for the plunder, they said. Already the five of them had cut a swathe through a dozen undead, mostly elf corpses at least one near-skeletal horse. Their bolts wouldn't last forever, and they were still no closer to finding the fortress in the interminable woodlands...

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: July 16, 2014, 11:08:29 pm »

I think the human adventurers who thought we were all demons and wanted to kill us had the better idea. Still, it's fewer undead for us to get killed by.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: July 17, 2014, 06:57:44 am »

Dwarf Elections: Last one to recover from the hangover 'wins'.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: July 17, 2014, 07:46:09 pm »

If you're still taking overseers I'd like a turn.  I had a hand in Ardentdikes, so I want to be in on the sucessor. :D
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: July 18, 2014, 06:44:47 am »

If you're still taking overseers I'd like a turn.  I had a hand in Ardentdikes, so I want to be in on the sucessor. :D

Added!
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: July 21, 2014, 03:53:32 pm »

"Time tae tally up the shite list," says Cutey pacing the corridor. "As overlass I only want tae dee two things: build the towers bigger and knobble every wee blighter in order o'gribbliness."

It took the better part of Granite, but she finally drew up a list of everyone she intended to kill this year:

"Siga and Spos and Uktang and Bora;
Zomus and Slasto, and Gorhax and Aste;
Ijat and Nunur and Spos the Coastal Deep;
Anam and Smunstu, One and Isa;
and Zolak the Silty Servant Weevil."

"And finally, any bleedin' gobbos still lurking oot there."

A peasant ran up to Cutey bearing ill tidings.

"A great three-eyed viper has been scryed in the lower caverns!"

Cutey just narrowed her eyes. Another name to add to the list...

Meanwhile, in the B-Plot, Amxu and his comrades broke through into a clearing. Mosquitos buzzed around the splattered blood and dismembered bodies and discarded weapons.

"That's Amxu Stolenbeetle in pieces there," said Amxu.

"Isn't your name Amxu, Amxu?" asked one of the crossbowmen.

"Indeed. It's a grim omen."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: July 21, 2014, 04:44:53 pm »

Cutey was just designating a complex series of tunnels and choke points to draw out the not so beasts that previous overseers had forgotten to deal with when the screams started echoing from the lower caverns.

"You know, Uktang," began the peasant.

"Aye," said Cutey, pointedly.

"Well it sorta kinda had wings and maybe got over the wall in the caverns and is now Sebastian2203 is maybe a little bit unconscious."

"A wee bit unconscious?"

"Well, about as unconscious as you can get. We've got a stray dog on the case though!"

"Send all the mannies and wifeys down there and kick 'em in the heed."

And that's what they did.

Adil piled in. She hadn't got a chance to best such a foe since putting down Phlegmfilth in 1095. Joy overwhelmed her as she deftly blocked globs of frozen poison. Soon the writhing beast was torn and bloody on the ground. She spotted her opportunity... and kicked it in the head.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:01:12 pm by notquitethere »

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: July 21, 2014, 07:56:57 pm »

Only one phrase is proper: Boom, Headshot.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: July 22, 2014, 12:16:19 am »

I like how our main healthcare professional is completely and utterly indifferent to the unconscious patient waiting for medical care. Deal with the unholy monster [Edit] Get someone else to deal with the unholy monster [/edit], have a drink, do some architecture, have another drink, then maybe see if the patient is still alive. Repeat until medical emergency is over, one way or another.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 12:20:11 am by Urist McKiwi »

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: July 22, 2014, 10:19:05 am »

That's unfair. Last year she fixed one broken finger after being banned from leaving the hospital.

What if it had triggered a tantrum spiral? She's the real hero of Moltenchannels.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: July 22, 2014, 06:23:23 pm »

That's unfair. Last year she fixed one broken finger after being banned from leaving the hospital.

What if it had triggered a tantrum spiral? She's the real hero of Moltenchannels.

Really? During my turns I only managed to get any healthcare done when I banned her from entering the hospital. :P

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: July 25, 2014, 02:18:41 am »

Bumpitybump.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: July 25, 2014, 02:26:39 am »

(Big update is upcoming, already got the images, just trying to find the time-- hopefully later today)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: July 25, 2014, 10:56:30 am »

Cutey's first plan was to encourage the forgotten beasts to meet and kill one another. Unfortunately they had solidarity in their monsterdom and co-existed peacefully in the lower caverns.

Noting that there were yet still goblins outside the walls, Cutey oversaw a plan to funnel the forgotten beasts up to the surface so the two foes could fight. This plan, needless to say, did not go smoothly. While the passage from below to above was complete, the Forgotten Beasts rudely smashed through the doors put in place to prevent the dwarves swarming out to places that they ought not swarm, and soon a hapless miner was caught in the newly dug passages by three beasts all at once: Anan, Spos, and Isa. In order to prevent them from strolling upstairs and butchering everyone, the entire military (half the fort) were sent down to deal with them.

While most of the dwarves flailed about in the aura of miasma, frozen poison and flame jets that the triad of terror merrily spread, one fisherdwarf, Stukos, was determined that they should not pass. With his impenetrable steel armour and his exceptional steel battle axe he cleaved and hewed and single-handedly felled every last beast while everyone else was content to bruise tails and lightly massage wings and flail about and die.

During the final fight a crossbow goblin wandered down from outside, possibly getting some kills in before being ran through by Stukos. With that threat finished and the number of beasts brought down to 13, before they could be told otherwise or a door placed in the way, despite re-forbidding everything on the surface, half the dwarves streamed outside to grab loot long left beyond the walls. Where they met Amxu and his team, strolling around the eastern wall...

Finally Amxu has found the wall. So this is the fabled Moltenchannels. The roar of fell beasts and the sound of battle greeted his ears.

"Come, fine companions, let us to battle!" said he, as the ran through the bubble bulbs north.

They were greeted by the sight of a handful of miners and peasants streaming out of a hole in the ground. They let loose their bolts and Amxu charged in.

"I am Adil, slayer of Phlegmfilth," began one of them, before her leg was shattered and she lay helplessly on the ground. Amxu raised his sword to strike her down when the stench ichor and rotten fish assaulted his senses.

"Have you heard of Isa, or Anan the Hollow Tombs? Have you heard of Spos Cavernsoak the Coastal Deep, so called for he waited a decade in the lake beneath Moltenchannels? No? Perhaps you have of Ngom Tradecruel, for it was of your kin. What is your name?" asks a steely dwarf as he slices off Amxu's right hand in a single fell sweep of his axe.

As the blood spurted out, Amxu caught sight of the broken towers of Moltenchannels rising up above them and the smoke rising from the magma dyke.

"I have travelled far and I was Amxu Thiefransacks and I would know the name of my killer."

"I am just Stukos, a fisherdwarf from these parts," said Stukos as he sliced the goblin in two.

Meanwhile, the lower-caverns were still open and unhindered a beast had slaughtered its way up, murdering beloved pet sheep and the latest Captain Archmage as it went.

The beast was eventually located, hanging around the middle levels, chowing down on all and sundry.

It was brutally put down, but not without some more loss of life, and Cutey was pleased to see the hospital now had a more lived in feel to it.

Well, more 'died in' than 'lived in'. With the latest round of deaths over and done with, Cutey half-heartedly tried to encourage the wounded to be recovered, but no one seemed to want to do it, so she resigned herself to the fact that the heroic Asil would probably die of starvation lying immobile on the surface with a fractured lower-leg. CogDiss started acting strangely...

...but around here, strangeness is the norm.

Next time on Moltenchannels: a human ambush strikes while everyone is on the surface, elven merchants arrive safely, and Cutey conducts a plan to kill three of the forgotten beasts by flushing a necromancer into the lower caverns using the lever-action cavern-dousing system she set up a decade ago, in order for the necromancer to raise the many corpses to fight. What could go wrong?
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 100