Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Moltenchannel's council decisions

Our uniform shall be blood (red)
- 0 (0%)
Danger room training shall be forbidden.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 02, 2013, 10:22:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 100

Author Topic: Moltenchannels - The magma flows - FINAL TURN (Ardentdikes II)  (Read 383874 times)

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moltenchannels - Sieged by Forgotten Beasts (Ardentdikes II)
« Reply #1350 on: July 30, 2014, 08:27:20 am »

Ok, so I made it to the next spring, despite all the gore and haunting, and a new migrant wave (third one) arrived.

On a side note, the temple's magma mechanism gets only so far -- there's a copper and an alunite door downstairs holding the flow from reaching further down.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 30, 2014, 04:56:52 pm »

Wow. Just downloaded the Moltenchannels save.

I think it's worse than Ardentdikes?   I've gone down to the caverns and not found the hospital yet. Either of them.

Maybe I'm just missing it in the chaos.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: July 30, 2014, 05:55:01 pm »

Moltenchannels is definitely way more extensive and has a lot more nasties, although Ardentdikes upper levels were a bit more cramped and messed up by a river flooding, not to speak of having an automatic crusher of doom.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 30, 2014, 06:25:06 pm »

Everything has gone terribly terribly wrong. Fuller details soon.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: July 30, 2014, 07:32:07 pm »

Wow. Just downloaded the Moltenchannels save.

I think it's worse than Ardentdikes?   I've gone down to the caverns and not found the hospital yet. Either of them.

Maybe I'm just missing it in the chaos.

Actually we have three of them. One was shut down during Wastedlabor's last turn, one (on the surface) is full of forgotten beast blood that kills anything it touches and has been sealed for about a decade now...

...and the working one is...um....somewhere. I honestly don't know either.

not to speak of having an automatic crusher of doom.

We have a manual crusher of doom though. We could link it up to a basic repeater unit and make the East Gate permanently unusable if we want to. :P

This sounds promising.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:35:03 pm by Urist McKiwi »

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 30, 2014, 08:27:00 pm »

East gate... no, shouldn't do that. That's the Caravan gate. Unless the repeater is interruptable. Perhaps with a floodgate?

As of 1099, our parent civs don't seem to be extinct, though we might be the only remaining outpost. Curiously, the first two generals for the Strategic Bodices were Necromancers.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:37:57 pm by Triaxx2 »

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 31, 2014, 04:45:55 am »

This sounds promising.
Hall of Legends, here we go!

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: July 31, 2014, 04:51:46 am »

This sounds promising.
Hall of Legends, here we go!

We only need a few more votes to get in, actually. But that'll be so much easier if we can have some good old fun in the story.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Where we last left off, there were ambushes. I thought they were humans, but it turned out it was just goblins with a few human side-kicks. A lured them towards the front gate by unforbidding the door, and most were eviscerated on the giant green glass corkscrews. That was about the last good thing to happen.

Well, the other good thing was CogDiss made a rope depicting the important parts of the history of Moltenchannels: drunken ancestry and disgraced monarchy:

A second ambush appeared to the north, where the goblins (and another human) started beating on Adil, who if you recall was a Forgotten Beast slayer that no one was nice enough to rescue from field after she fractured her leg. She was unconscious and starving but managed to hold all of them off until reinforcements came.

There was some significant loss of life, Adil included, and it was at this time that I drafted all non-cultists in to the military and sent them into the crypts to kill One the poison breathing stone beast. Eventually the Royal Swordsman took him out, after a dozen more deaths. There was another beast I let out at the same time, but I don't know where that one got to. Hopefully, someone killed it.

It was around about this time when everyone in the hospital started dying. They'd go there to sleep or recover, and turn up dead. The epic Stukos, hero of late, died without warning. But worse, Cutey Boultnourishes was the second to die. She disappeared for two weeks then they found her body festering in the hospital. It was then that something snapped in me, and I take it by all the tantruming, all the dwarves too. I don't know whether it was vampires or syndromes or poor hygiene that was killing people in the hospital, but I knew that we had to complete Cutey's mission and destroy all the forgotten beasts.

Looking beyond the gates, Efé, a mound of vomit, had squirmed up the passage from the lower crypts all the way to the surface. By this stage I'd managed to get practically everyone inside (only a few dwarves were left out to die), if only by sending them all to fight One the stone beast. By the time Efé arrived, I saw we had other problems to deal with...

Hoping the threats beyond the wall would finish one another off (and indeed, the zombies soon took care of Efé), I turned my attention to the convoluted plot to raise the dead in the flooded caverns to kill three beasts there...

With that an almost complete failure (well, we did kill a previously-caged necromancer) and the dwarf death count for this year running around 50+ so far, plans had to be escalated...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 05:15:23 am by notquitethere »

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ummm... oops?

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't forget to redwarf the named fallen. :)

Cutey and Troll Fur Sock were two of the original seven.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'm upset about Trollfursock as well. I did try to keep them out of danger... in the hospital which is now a cause of instadeath.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kinda fun that I closed two hospitals due to infection and poor sanitary conditions, only for the new one to become even more lethal right away. :D

I didn't check much the new engravings, there may be some typos there.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 11:11:13 am by Wastedlabor »

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perhaps number three can be connected to a proper magma cleaning system?

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

#3 has a ceiling opening and a canal that was used to fill the pond, it could be repurposed by pumping magma from the moat into it.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 100