Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: You are a Gladiator: Now with RPG mechanics!  (Read 18416 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Gladiator, Turn One: New Beginnings
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2013, 07:49:06 pm »

>Grab a sword, a bow w/ arrows (if available, a throwing axe if not), a chain, and some light armor (if available).
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2013, 08:48:33 pm »

The training weapons are... Somewhat limited. There is no armor, but a small selection of shields. No bows and arrows, as bows and arrows are not very entertaining in duels, and there aren't any chains.

Tiruin, Gamerlord, I await only your actions, then we may proceed.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2013, 08:52:06 pm »

Wait. Roman gladiatorial contests, and you have archery equipment!? Probably less known than it should be, and less thought about otherwise the previous would be pointless, but any and all kinds of ranged weaponry were completely off limits to gladiators. For the semi-obvious reason that the gladiators hate their life, so why not just shoot into the stands, or worse, at the emperor?

The trident was always heavily weighted to prevent its use as a javelin, everything else allowed wasn't even close to aerodynamic enough to be a throwing weapon.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2013, 08:53:51 pm »

No bows and arrows, as bows and arrows are not very entertaining in duels, and there aren't any chains.

No bows and arrows

:P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2013, 09:05:47 pm »

Oh, heh. Sorry about that, I must have missed that sentence. My bad.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2013, 09:09:48 pm »

Eh, I gave Zanzetzuken a throwing axe anyway, as a throwing axe is basically a hand axe that is weighted properly. We're just going to assume that Zanzetzuken's character, being a pirate, has had practice in throwing shoddily made axes before.

I would sincerely recommend you not assault the patrons of the games. That sort of thing is frowned upon most ferociously.
He's fucking with us.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2013, 09:15:28 pm »

The training weapons are... Somewhat limited. There is no armor, but a small selection of shields. No bows and arrows, as bows and arrows are not very entertaining in duels, and there aren't any chains.

Replace the chain with a spear, and add another axe.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2013, 09:18:05 pm »

o.O

Dude, this is just training and you're already starting to reach negatives to speed with the weight of your equipment.
I think I'm going to like your character. :D
He's fucking with us.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2013, 09:18:29 pm »

Roll:6 in a effort to impress your patron you climb up into his booth and throw him into the arena and hand him your axe, you then proceed to grab his arms teach him your fighting style against your live opponent.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2013, 09:20:24 pm »

Roll:6 in a effort to impress your patron you climb up into his booth and throw him into the arena and hand him your axe, you then proceed to grab his arms teach him your fighting style against your live opponent.

Unholy Pariah just invented Marionette Gladiating. Yes, Gladiating. Because at this point... Why not?
He's fucking with us.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2013, 09:22:37 pm »

o.O

Dude, this is just training and you're already starting to reach negatives to speed with the weight of your equipment.

Considering my strategy out of the gate will be: throw axe, throw axe, throw spear, attack with sword, dodge, dodge, stab, pick up axe, throw axe, etc. speed won't be much of a factor.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2013, 09:24:20 pm »

We shall see. :)
He's fucking with us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2013, 09:27:42 pm »

Oh, this is hilarious. He can pick up a couple elephants and run backwards at super speeds!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2013, 09:41:33 pm »

Hmm. Gimme an axe, as well as some light fur armour. If there is a set of bolas, give me those as well.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2013, 09:54:20 pm »

I demand armored underpants with fur interior lining... +1defence to manhood.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13