Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: You Lead the Zombie Horde  (Read 24273 times)

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Lead the Zombie Horde
« Reply #180 on: March 19, 2013, 11:14:02 am »

I always thought that what leads to the zombie is a decentralization of organ functions back to a cellular level, like taking apart a federal government and returning all of the functions to the individual towns. The body becomes something like a colonial organism, and the only thing that remains centralized is the brain and the nervous system, to enable movement.

Try to open the shack, crawl inside and wait until night falls, then head to the factory. Factory would be a better base of operations, but we can't walk around during the day, too noticeable.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 19, 2013, 11:33:06 am »

You know what we should do? We should try to infect a guy, and have him go infect other people.  In order for this to work, we must infect the most people in the least amount of time, and then escape from the infected area. 

After that we can head to another area an start another infection.  This would spread their forces and potentially allow us to surround and eliminate their military forces that come to stop us with a two pronged attack.  If we were really cautious we could envolpe their forces.  Of course, we need probably at least ten to each soldier.  It would help if we could arm the zombies with guns, but we probably can't. 

So,in conclusion, we should go find guys and bite them if there are no witnesses.  One such area would be the shack. 

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #182 on: March 19, 2013, 06:00:39 pm »

You head towards the shack. The creaky wooden door is easily opened, if nothing else because the rusty lock gives away within mere seconds. You open the door and feel yourself extremely lucky: you cannot feel the stench or the rot. Within the shack, bodies of small critters like prairie dogs or moles are all amassed, a spillage of herbicide stands in a corner near a half broken barrel of the toxic substance. There is also the larger corpse of a dog however, and that one has signs of a gun wound in the head.
Among the shelves, your eyes see cricket bats, old and dusty, and some worn out white sport uniforms.
What really catches your attention however is the ground and the pool of herbicide.
Your eyes trail to where your feet are. You realize that the ground's normal dirt-brown color is turning slightly grayish, the more you stand on your spot. The small droplets of herbicide in the pool actually sparkle when the graying ground reaches them.
You could leave, or stay and watch what happens if you near the pool of rotten corpses.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 19, 2013, 07:16:52 pm »

As for getting a lot of zombies in a short space of time, probably best to hide them. Bury them or something to save them for later...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 19, 2013, 09:38:09 pm »

Yeah, we can use the abandoned house to hide them.  That still leaves the problem of that we need a way to kill the humans that have guns without them being able to shoot and kill us.  And we need to give orders without being in the vicinity of the crime scene.  Eventually we will hit another problem.  We are on the Island of Great Britain.  We will need to invade Europe in order to succeed.  We don't need to breath, but still, can zombies swim?  We will need a boat. 

So, my idea is to find a random guy, turn him into a zombie, and point to the nearest people, all the while remaining unknown to the humans.  As said before, we would never attack with witnesses present.  This would be successful for a while, and before men with guns arrive, we make a timely exit to the next town. 

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2013, 09:40:23 pm »

We don't need a boat. If a human can swim the English Channel, a zombie can walk it. Once we infect the Old World, there's going to be millions of zombies forced or wandering into the oceans, to be carried to other continents by chance and currents. It might help, but it's not needed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2013, 10:27:15 pm »

See what happens if you stay near the rotten corpses, and wait until night.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 20, 2013, 07:33:26 am »

+1

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 20, 2013, 08:41:56 am »

+1
+2

And we should focus on the short term, i.e., having zombies and what to do with those few we have immediately afterward. I think we should keep them in a place until we don;t
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #189 on: March 20, 2013, 11:24:14 am »

The herbicide starts to glitter and sparkle. There is a twitch coming from the rotten limbs of the small critters, that suddenly lurch on their uneasy feet and start to wobble forward.
They are soon followed by a few moles, the prairie dogs require a bit more of 'closeness' and time, but the two animals soon stand up on their broken bodies. The next to follow is the large dog.
The large dog actually stands and growls slightly, but seems to be hanging its broken and split head open by a thin bone spine that could be easily snapped.
You don't know why, but the reanimated corpses seem to possess an unhealthy green glint in their skin and flesh.
They look at you, those who can, and seem to wait.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 20, 2013, 01:34:52 pm »

Herbicidical zombies? Hehe.

Lead them to the main building and try to break in in a way so people won't notice that you did.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 20, 2013, 01:38:17 pm »

glitter and sparkle
Thin ice, shadenight123.

To the main building
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 20, 2013, 02:32:06 pm »

I'd plan on the apocalypse on the first or second day, unless we could hide the zombies, but that would be more risky.  Honestly, even if we did it by what I just said, it probably will fail.  We failed in the first place because we were goofing around and wasting time. 

I have a way to amass an army relatively quickly compared to biting them, we can infect their water.  Not a very original plan, but still effective as long as we can get to their water supply.  Another way would be to infect their food, but you can only individually infect food even though it is easier to get, so the chance of infecting the food is cut to little tiny shreds.  Just biting people will work short term though.  So, do that, and send your animals to bite and spread the infection, while trying to stay inconspicuous yourself.  It would be like a bomb.  Blow up the bottom and the whole building comes down upon it.  Then you can climb on top.  Just don't let the people come down on you. 

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 20, 2013, 03:42:11 pm »

Shall we pay a visit to the morgue and play a fleeing citizen when the corpses start to move?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 20, 2013, 04:45:35 pm »

Zombie minnows.

Zombie lice.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15