Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: You Lead the Zombie Horde  (Read 24271 times)

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
Re: You Lead the Zombie Horde
« Reply #195 on: March 20, 2013, 04:46:50 pm »

Shall we pay a visit to the morgue and play a fleeing citizen when the corpses start to move?

How obvious is it we're a zombie? We'd still look pretty odd to the general public if we didn't look like a typical zombie anyhow.
I need to put something interesting here.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #196 on: March 20, 2013, 04:47:24 pm »

You head for the Main building, the:
{Rotten} {Herbicide} {Small Animal} Zombie Pack + {Damaged} {Rotten} {Herbicide} Alpha Dog (Headless)
following you. Along their path, you notice how the tall grass seems to turn grayish, before falling down on the ground and literally dying within seconds. The moment you reach the door, you realize something else.
The moment the Headless Alpha Dog separates from some sort of close area with you however, he falls down on the ground, apparently dead. This does not happen with the other critters, albeit they do possess heads. The instant you reach the door, you realize the Dog has somehow 'reanimated' and is following you in a docile attempt...for a headless animal.
You realize something else. The Herbicide creatures seem to rot away wood or grass at alarming speed when close by. The 'Zombie Pack' of critters literally melts away the wooden door.
Your eyes peer in the darkness of the main building. There is a large lounge, a stairway that leads upstairs and what seems like an unused bar. The bar is devoid of bottles, but in the lounge the furniture, as well as an old Tv-set, are still there.
There is a carpet and a pool table, and dusty pool cues stand in a corner, some broken and other rotten.
To the left of the bar there is a door, while to the sides of the stairs there appears to be some sort of cupboard beneath them, albeit it could also be the door to the cellar.
Where do you go from here?

@The More You Know@
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 20, 2013, 08:20:47 pm »

Scour the building for signs of animation, automata, or life.  Exploit and conquer! If no life is found, exploit and conquer inanimate objects. 

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 20, 2013, 09:29:06 pm »

Is it night yet? If so proceed to factory, if not proceed to wait until night arrives, then proceed to factory?
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 20, 2013, 09:30:05 pm »

Claim building as own. Locate all useful materials in it. Have the other zombies (the ones with heads) look around. If it's true that the headless ones are as dependant on us as they seem, we  will probably use them as guard dogs. (PUN, INTENDED!) Enforcers of our will more like it. We aren't too strong on our won, but with a "posse" of headless zombies we could be quite impressive.

Regardless, time to find the extent of these buggers intelligience. Order them to search the building and report back if something looks important.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 20, 2013, 09:35:55 pm »

See if the dog's head is a zombie.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 20, 2013, 09:41:49 pm »

See if the dog's head is a zombie.

Throw zombie dog's head at nearest elderly lady and laugh
I need to put something interesting here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 20, 2013, 11:28:32 pm »

Hrmmm, mince probably cannot be animated, but maybe you could implant a worm, or maybe a lizard or a snake into it to create zombie sausages...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #203 on: March 21, 2013, 09:04:24 am »

The dog's head is actually limping between the dog's paws, barely attached by a thin vertebral column. It does not appear to be barking or actually showing to be 'undead'.
You tell your troops to 'look around'.
The moment the critters move near the pool table, it starts to rot and suddenly breaks down, soon followed by anything else made of wood. They start to scurry around, but they don't appear to be looking for objects of sorts.
A few come back with dead rats, that you realize are reanimating the moment they are dropped at your feet.
These one do not glint of green however. An unlucky cat is caught by a prairie dog, and awakens with a feral meowing sound once close to you.

You too explore the rooms. You find the cricket equipment within the storeroom and changing room, that is the door to the left of the bar, as well as defiled lockers that seem to have been broken by vandals. The ground is littered with broken bottles and rubble, and is probably the sleeping room of some crackpot of sorts.
The upper floor instead houses what looks like a lounge-restaurant, in disuse and with a small kitchenette, maybe used once for parties of sorts. The tables are all dusty, the sheets on them dark from the grime of ages.
The kitchenette houses still some knives and forks, and you realize the {gas} is actually still working.

@The more you Know@
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 21, 2013, 06:57:30 pm »

Awesome.  Hold off on the gas zombies for now.  We need a human.  It is about time to set off and start the apocalypse.  First we need to continue exploring though.  Go outside and explore the factory. 

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 21, 2013, 07:04:26 pm »

Awesome.  Hold off on the gas zombies for now.  We need a human.  It is about time to set off and start the apocalypse.  First we need to continue exploring though.  Go outside and explore the factory. 
You are practically trying to get us killed? NO HUMANS YET. We need to experiment. Become stronger. Zombies will not just "Start the apocalypse" on their own.

So we've learned they are not all that intelligent. Very, basic, it seems.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 21, 2013, 07:18:47 pm »

You are practically trying to get us killed? NO HUMANS YET. We need to experiment. Become stronger. Zombies will not just "Start the apocalypse" on their own.

That is why we want to explore.  We're going to need a lot more information.  And as the GM said, we can mutate our zombies with various chemicals.  What would have lots of chemicals?  A factory. 

As for the insane question.  Yes.  Obviously.   ::)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 21, 2013, 07:29:51 pm »

That is why we want to explore.  We're going to need a lot more information.  And as the GM said, we can mutate our zombies with various chemicals.  What would have lots of chemicals?  A factory. 

As for the insane question.  Yes.  Obviously.   ::)
I never asked if you were sane, I asked if you were going to get us killed. Difference.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 22, 2013, 03:20:33 am »

Hold off the humans for now. Night time movement to the factory
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #209 on: March 22, 2013, 03:32:12 am »

At night, you move towards the factory with your impromptu army.
You look like an undead rendition of the Wild Hunt, albeit one really scrawny and without the cool horses or bloodhounds. And you certainly are not Arthur or another leader of said Hunt.
The moment you reach the factory by foot, which is quite a long way, you find yourself blocked either by the brick walls surrounding it or the metal gate that is locked.
Along the road the animals, the living ones, have avoided you and your 'entourage' like a plague.
Although an unlucky couple of crows have tried to fall down on what looked like the corpse of a prairie dog to them, and thus you now possess a:
{Fresh} {Small Animal} Zombie Crow X 3 + {Fresh} {Small Animal} Alpha Zombie Crow
The crows can still fly.
You begrudgingly look at the lock that is barring you entry, then around to stare at the other closed factories nearby. There isn't anyone around the industrial complex at the moment.
You could try and break the lock with your hands, maybe you have Zombie strength?
Or maybe...you give an appreciative look at your four crows.
Maybe you can fuse zombies too?

@The more you Know@
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15