Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ((OOC)) Unity; an RTD lost in space.  (Read 3664 times)

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
((OOC)) Unity; an RTD lost in space.
« on: January 13, 2013, 07:55:21 pm »

Hello, everyone. For quite some time I've had an idea festering in my brain of an RTD that I would love to make, and I thought I would pitch my thoughts here and see if anyone would be interested.

The idea I had was this; Many years in the future, Earth is all but void of plant and animal life, and humans could not survive on it's surface for much longer. Realising this, the government of the remaining countries banded together and created a massive starship, to go out into the universe and search for other habitable worlds. They called it, Unity. But, not long after leaving the Orion arm of our galaxy, all contact with the Unity was lost.

Now, 30 years later,the Unity has been found, and you are chosen as part of an expedition to explore the ship and find out why it has been dark all these years.

So, what do you think...?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 05:51:37 pm by Mr.FancyPants »
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Idea Pitch: Unity; an RTD lost in space.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 07:56:28 pm »

I'm all for it. Count me in.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 08:01:51 pm »

We do have a thread for this, you know.

Anyway, the concept sounds interesting, but figuring out the mechanics is both highly relevant and tends to be the tougher part of actually running a game. Right now we don't know if this is going to be Dead Space or Resident Evil or Mortal Kombat or Star Wars or Star Trek or Tomb Raider or what, we just know the premise is a bit grim and we'll probably be on a spaceship for most of it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 08:22:19 pm »

We do have a thread for this, you know.

Anyway, the concept sounds interesting, but figuring out the mechanics is both highly relevant and tends to be the tougher part of actually running a game. Right now we don't know if this is going to be Dead Space or Resident Evil or Mortal Kombat or Star Wars or Star Trek or Tomb Raider or what, we just know the premise is a bit grim and we'll probably be on a spaceship for most of it.

I actually forgot about the first point.

And as for the mechanics, I was thinking along the lines of dead space in so far as you try to survive on a massive ship that has been attacked by some sort of alien, and you have to try to not only destroy them but get the ship back to as close to operating as possible. You will all start with a suit, some food, water, a weapon, as well as some equipment, but you will have to scavenge to survive.
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 08:25:33 pm »

I'm in. Dibs on the engineer!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 08:30:07 pm »

I call the medical technician.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 08:30:54 pm »

I'll...... Manage the computers/systems on ship

Technician?

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 08:32:23 pm »

Oh, forgot to mention, to start a thread I would like 4-5 posts of interest please.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 08:35:07 pm »

Fine. I'm in as the hardboiled mercenary who's probably still going to end up looting and attempting to doctor things because I can't help it.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 08:38:38 pm »

By my counting, and that could be wrong, that's 5.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 08:48:07 pm »

Fine. I'm in as the hardboiled mercenary who's probably still going to end up looting and attempting to doctor things because I can't help it.

Hey we still need the MO I'm just a lowly away team emt.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 08:48:16 pm »

By my counting, and that could be wrong, that's 5.
If it wasnt before it is now, count me in
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 08:55:11 pm »

Hey we still need the MO I'm just a lowly away team emt.
Mm. Doctor-turned-mercenary due to tragic backstory incident that will be explored and resolved over the course of the game?

See, this is why we need to know how the thing actually works. We don't even know if medics or mercs are things, much less medical mercs or mercenary doctors.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 08:55:31 pm »

I'd join. However what's the scifi. Hard or soft?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 08:57:06 pm »

Oh wait, I just remembered. We don't have a crazy biologist who insists that we take some back for proper study.

Problem solved.

I'd join. However what's the scifi. Hard or soft?
Yeah, this too. Although really we should just punish the GM for his vagueness by remembering that it's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

Japanese little girl android is go.
Pages: [1] 2