Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 256652 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! Teach Me How To Dougie!
« Reply #1665 on: May 02, 2013, 03:25:44 am »

Turning towards Darius, Raynen spoke, "Thanks, whoever you are. Still, before you move on, would you mind helping me make this area a slightly safer place?"

Fire an arrow towards the Grungson thing while it's trapped.
"Frankly, I see no innocents in that fight. Let the murderers kill each other, I say.

"Anyway, I've stayed here too long as it is. As I said, I got a mission to complete, so if you ain't coming with me quit holding me up. If you are coming with me, you can use that spear that guy just dropped. That goes for you too, new guy," he says, looking at the newly-spawned Da Funk. "My only caveat is that you stick with me and don't try to use it to kill a person for your own gain; otherwise I will kill you myself."

Kordos offers his spear to anyone who will join his quest. If no one takes it, he'll pick it up and head off in a random direction toward a dungeon. If some does join him and take it, he'll head off in a random direction toward a dungeon.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: May 02, 2013, 05:02:56 am »

"... What are you doing?! These guys have guns! Let me handle this."
Drawing up her literacy skills gained from reading hundreds of books, VG starts to travel down the perilous road of DIPLOMACY. Raising her voice so everyone can hear, she speaks as the Village Theme Song plays in the background.
"Fellows! Amigos! Drop thine weapons! United we shall stand, divided we shall fall! You see, as a kid I was told one thing. Never play with weapons! Not only can you hurt yourself, they would say, but you can hurt others too! Looking back, I realise that there's a hidden meaning to this phrase. For brandishing your weapons alone hurts all of us. We lose confidence, you lose an ally! This is how it has been from the start of time. Now lay them down and we will be able to forget this ever happened and actually move forward!"

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: May 02, 2013, 02:02:40 pm »

((Just want to say, I put that garbled mess into Google translator. It decided the words were closest to Estonian in origin, and one of the only parts translated was:
"(not translated)...shed your...(not translated)," thought that was worth noting.))

leap and glide to  one of the ballistas. See if it looks like I can fire it at the bugman. If I can't, try to use the arrows as weapons on their own. If all else fails, hope his bugs BURN ON MY ARMOR and punch through his skull-chitin.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: May 02, 2013, 03:21:54 pm »

Player: Persus 13
Name: The Bass Guy
Looks: Like a guy who needs a bass
Stats:
Strength: ---
Endurance: ---
Dexterity:+++
Affinity: +++
Luck: +++
Badassery: ---
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Benjamaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: May 02, 2013, 07:59:14 pm »

Make sure it's up to 11, and yell into the mic with the intent of somehow causing mass destruction:FUS RO DAH!
(don't act like you wouldn't do the same XD)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: May 02, 2013, 09:17:04 pm »

Haah, damnit... Recalibrating...

Wait for gun to recharge, in the mean time, protectively stand in front of Annie (without preventing her from attacking.) If attacked, switch to knife mode and retaliate as best as possible.

I... don't know if this will work, Annie... But it's best if we work together.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: May 02, 2013, 09:48:27 pm »

Return to life as a ghost--WHOO!!

If that fails...
Spoiler: Ectoplasmic Elliot (click to show/hide)

(Out of curiosity, what would have happened if I had succeeded? What would the serum have done?)
(And is it just me, or are my characters getting more and more min/maxed?)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: May 02, 2013, 10:11:16 pm »

(Out of curiosity, what would have happened if I had succeeded? What would the serum have done?)
(And is it just me, or are my characters getting more and more min/maxed?)
Well, it would have most likely done severe damage to Zardak by means of melting his face or other body parts off. The 'negative' part of the item is that it would eat through the glass and melt YOU if you didn't use it on the first turn.

Also, the stuff that Mr. Bugman said to Osborn can indeed be deciphered. Doing so (and possibly remembering an item from back when this was just a deathmatch) might surprise you a little.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: May 02, 2013, 11:24:39 pm »

I know what you did. You used multiple languages. Kaadems is Polish for Books. HOWEVER, none of the other words are Polish.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: May 03, 2013, 02:51:11 pm »

I am trying to decipher it now, and while I was thinking that it was multiple languages, I quickly ran into a problem: "aeui" not only is this a string of vowels, but is also untranslatable by any means I have found so far. He must therefore be using a cipher. I can only hope the intended final language is English, otherwise cracking it is practically impossible for me. Here is what I think:

Yui ora kuur su corr ik emkacsk vimae. I roqa cuka su srek vurrd kaadems o buud, bis I krorr crikr aeui vrara aeui ksomd ek aeui du mus dmaar bakura ka.

I must become a, because no other letter stands alone and no word ending in I would begin a sentence in this situation.

a must become e, because it is used as a vowel and at the ends of words, as well as doubled in certain words.

u must become o, because, other than e, o is the only letter that ever repeats itself.

e?oa still remains undecipherable, however, SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING!!!

I've also looked at every bit of unintelligible garble, all the way down to Billy's book, which appeared for 1 turn, and even that didn't relate.

Wwolin, could you please give me more of a hint?
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: May 03, 2013, 03:12:33 pm »

O is also a doubleable vowel and is found at the end of words.

o?ea is still a stumper.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: May 03, 2013, 03:22:41 pm »

This RTD needs a TVtropes page. That way there can be a WMG page.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: May 03, 2013, 03:31:35 pm »

When I have TV Tropes editing time, it's spent on...another RtD. Someone else will need to make it.

Put it under the Video Games namespace.
Sig

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: May 03, 2013, 03:36:53 pm »

It would be awesome if this had a tvtropes page... I'd get the feeling of "I'm playing an RTD that even has it's own tropes page!! Awesome!" lol. A bit stupid but that still be awesome.

That reminds me... is it even possible for Osborn to even control his own dragon anymore? And... as much as I would probably be the first on the receiving end so asking would be a bad idea but... what if Osborn says one of his spells with his book now being the head of a dragon?
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: May 03, 2013, 04:54:51 pm »

I know what you did. You used multiple languages. Kaadems is Polish for Books. HOWEVER, none of the other words are Polish.

So I saw the word 'books' and thought that you had it. But nope, it's a sort of cipher, not a language mix.

I am trying to decipher it now, and while I was thinking that it was multiple languages, I quickly ran into a problem: "aeui" not only is this a string of vowels, but is also untranslatable by any means I have found so far. He must therefore be using a cipher. I can only hope the intended final language is English, otherwise cracking it is practically impossible for me. Here is what I think:

Yui ora kuur su corr ik emkacsk vimae. I roqa cuka su srek vurrd kaadems o buud, bis I krorr crikr aeui vrara aeui ksomd ek aeui du mus dmaar bakura ka.

I must become a, because no other letter stands alone and no word ending in I would begin a sentence in this situation.

a must become e, because it is used as a vowel and at the ends of words, as well as doubled in certain words.

u must become o, because, other than e, o is the only letter that ever repeats itself.

e?oa still remains undecipherable, however, SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING!!!

I've also looked at every bit of unintelligible garble, all the way down to Billy's book, which appeared for 1 turn, and even that didn't relate.

Wwolin, could you please give me more of a hint?

It's indeed a cipher, made to make words into harsh-sounding words, which uses some diphthongs to trip you up. But I'll give you the first sentence as a hint, since it isn't related to the secret. Also, I realize that I actually left out a word in the first sentence. Only one letter, but still, I guess that's my obligatory typo for the turn.

Yui ora o kuur su corr ik emkacsk vimae.
You are a fool to call us insects puny.

And the 'aeui' in the second sentence? It's 'you'. The 'ae' counts as a single vowel, and stands in for a lowercase 'y'.

It would be awesome if this had a tvtropes page... I'd get the feeling of "I'm playing an RTD that even has it's own tropes page!! Awesome!" lol. A bit stupid but that still be awesome.

That reminds me... is it even possible for Osborn to even control his own dragon anymore? And... as much as I would probably be the first on the receiving end so asking would be a bad idea but... what if Osborn says one of his spells with his book now being the head of a dragon?

I might create a tropes page later tonight for this. As for control of the dragon, you'll just have to wait and see. And yes, the giant book does translate into giant spells. Of course, areas where you can read the book and not get hit by the stuff flying out of the book aren't very common.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 159