Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 263279 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! Ronery Puppetmaster!
« Reply #1740 on: May 10, 2013, 08:40:54 am »

It would make for a great movie, though.

I think the majority of the RTDs we have on Bay12 would made either a spectacular Video Game or a spectacular Movie.

If I ever go into the market, I'll totally try to create a game based off of something like Looter's Delight or UPGRADE.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: May 10, 2013, 02:55:12 pm »

What would the plot be?

Maybe something with Osborn's bookwyrm being transported to Earth?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: May 10, 2013, 04:40:02 pm »

What would the plot be?

Ha! Plot!

The best movies don't NEED plots.

They just go.

Benjamaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: May 10, 2013, 07:59:43 pm »

What would the plot be?

Ha! Plot!

The best movies don't NEED plots.

They just go.
... Said Micheal Bay xD

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: May 12, 2013, 11:27:44 pm »

*BAWMP*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: May 12, 2013, 11:40:07 pm »

I've been a tad bit busy recently, but expect this to return Wednesday evening. I was actually writing a turn for this a few minutes ago, but then I realized how obscenely late it was for me to be up on a Sunday. And the massive AP test coming up soon does not help my sleep habits :P
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! Return of the Turns!
« Reply #1746 on: May 16, 2013, 12:41:03 am »

Cut the tongue and jump out
Fuck OFF! I'm not going to let you take her life!

Being enraged enough to disown logic, ALGEM jumps on top of the beast and light-gun-knifes it in the back repeatedly, going for the neck.
(Annie dex: 1+6-3) Scap, what did you do to the random number gods to make them hate you like this? If it weren't for your bonuses to endurance, you'd have been in bloody chunks a long time ago
(ALGEM dex: 5+1)
(Nekik dex: 1+4)
(Petipor dex: 6)

(Petipor str: 5+6)
(Annie end: 2+6)

(ALGEM dex: 2+1)
(Petipor dex: 1)
(ALGEM str: 1-2)
(Petipor end: 4+6)

(Nekik dex: 6+4)
(Petipor dex: 3)
(Nekik str: 4+4)
(Petipor end: 2+6)
(Nekik str: 4+4)
(Petipor end: 4+6)

(Annie dex: 6+6-6)
(Petipor dex: 1)
(Annie str: 4+3)
(Petipor end: 5+6)

(Annie end: 6+6)
(Annie death counter: 2) You die the turn after next unless you manage to stop an absolutely absurd amount of bleeding. Even your endurance can't do much when your entire lower body has been torn off

Petipor's top jaw drops like a massive guillotine blade onto Annie's waist, shearing straight through flesh and bone with a sick slicing sound and letting her torso fall to the ground. While the wound is too low to have hit anything immediately vital, Annie can feel her lifeblood spilling out onto the obsidian floor as the shark swallows her lower body. ALGEM immediately tries to provide a distraction by leaping onto the monster's neck and stabbing with her knife-gun, but the beast's hide seems to be several inches thick, and it doesn't react at all, even as Nekik swings his icy swords at it, shattering one to bits in the process. Finally recovering from her shock enough to react, Annie manages to strike Petipor's snout with her knife as it swings by, but she hardly even scratches the surface as she begins to weaken from blood loss.

SKREEEEEEEEEE

Roll away, biting through my bindings as I do so.
Fire again into the melee, or at anyone who attacks me.
"Thanks for your help now we must finish this beastly mostrosity and I will share the spoils with you if you help."
MURDER HIM, then share spoils with Raynen if available
(Grungson dex: 3+6-4)
(Raynen dex: 4+3)
(Varen dex: 5+1)

(Raynen dex: 6+3)
(Grungson end: (2+6+6)/2.5)

Raynen looses another shaft from his bow, and this time the pink arrow flies directly through the glowing core of the immobilized Grungson, causing him to shudder violently before bursting apart into a cloud of orange light and pixie dust.

GRUNGSON IS DEAD!
(Raynen luk: 1+3)

As the orange dust that is Grungson's remains is swept away by the wind, a small device looking much like a walkie-talkie with a single metallic eye materializes in front of Raynen. The device starts up with a mechanical whir, and a static-filled voice echoes out of it.
"FREE AT LAST... I mean, 'pleased to meet you'! I'm the loremaster! Well, actually, I'm just A loremaster, but since I'm the only one here right now, I'll be THE loremaster. Now, let's get down to business: Need any loot analyzed? Who am I kidding, of course you do! There's no way you'd have killed someone to bring me here if you didn't have some sort of fancy equipment. Now come on, let's see what you've been murdering people with, and I'll tell you how to be EVEN MORE deadly with it!"
With that, the mechanical eye on it begins rotating, and emits a soft brownish glow.

Kordos will try to find a safe way to cross the river/canyon. Failing that, he'll just head off in some other direction.

You're actually at the bottom of the canyon, with the steep cliff faces rising up on both sides of you for a few hundred feet. Or at least you were... Upon taking a few experimental steps inwards, you suddenly find yourself in someplace completely unlike any earthly dimension. It's a red platform about as wide as a four-lane highway stretching for as far as the eye can see. The sight would be horrifying on its own, but looking down the red road, you see a vaguely human mass of warped flesh and hair half crawling, half rolling towards you on several sets of twisted arms and legs. A head covered in stringy hair located on top of the abomination turns towards you, and lets out a blood-curdling shriek as the horrible body picks up its pace.

((and now I'm the chosen one??? well, that was unexpected.))

follow to throne room with great speed while not dying!
(Blackwing dex: 3+3)
(Osborn dex: 2)
(Blackwing str: 3+2)
(Osborn str: 6+1)

As you cross the narrow bridge towards the fortress proper, you barely notice a humongous black shadow against the dark bricks of the bridge. You look up just in time to see a huge griffon maybe thirty-feet long covered in jet-black fur and feathers diving towards you, a hungry look in its eye. Not having time to dodge, you brace yourself for impact, and manage to avoid being knocked clear off the bridge as the monster's left wing crashes into you, but the beast is clearly not deterred as it circles around for another attack.

"Woah.... this is.... weird. There's a underground forest inside a mountain." Then Evil Lucky remembers the dragon that chased him into here. "Well then again that was just as weird."

"So what do we do NOW?"

"I say we take a break... I don't know about you but that whole event wore me out." Evil Lucky looks up in the air and looks at the birds. "I wanna try eating one of those. Let's gravity crush it... well except it's head. It's death squawks should make some good enough entertainment for now. At least until we find some people."

Have Aurwyn gravity crush a bird to death. Pick up it's body and start looking for a way to make a campfire to cook it up.
(Aurwyn aff: 1+2)
(Thunderbird str: 3)

Aurwyn looks up towards a large bird with bright blue plumage and gives her classic sadistic smile.
"It's been too long since we've had a good bloodbath, hasn't IT? This bird may not be human, but It'll still be fun to crush it to DEATH."
Aurwyn focuses her power, but instead of crushing it to a pulp, the weight merely forces it to land. It settles down beside the golden girl, looking similar to a peacock but maybe five feet high, and as it stares at her quizzically, a spark of electricity arcs from its tail into the ground. Upon seeing the spark, Aurwyn immediately has a full blown panic attack, curling up into the fetal position and screaming for all she's worth.
"LUCKY!!!!!! LUCKY, MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP, PLEASE!"
As she screams, the bird hops closer, obviously quite intrigued by this noisy golden ball which it has found. It carefully picks Aurwyn up in its beak before turning and noticing you, looking like a cross between a deer in headlights and a guilty dog before it turns towards the bushes and prepares to flee.

Especially plot-important ones.

Test ghostly abilities. Try to make the frog not want to eat me. Flee if this fails.

Your ghostly body seems to be just as corporeal as your old one, except for having a gory nub where your face was utterly destroyed by Kordos' gun. As for the frog, it doesn't seem to interested in eating you. In fact, it doesn't seem interested in eating anyone. It's just kind of hopping around, doing froggish things and spattering hot mud everywhere. Hopefully it doesn't get hungry soon...

Good...
I, in a somewhat quieter tone, speak into the mic:To all the soldiers and other able fighters who can hear me, I no proclaim war on the Wyrm of Dread* and its master, Osborn! You are either with me or against me! Bobby! Sir Iron-Blood! bring me any followers you may find, kill any one who gets in your way! My name is Zonix! Me'e tol ansean meloer!**and then look at the next card in my deck of many things

*I know it's the Bookwyrm, but it's be so meta if I said that.
**That's my own made up language. not trying to copy our kind and gracious GM
(Purple army whim: Perfect Success) Well damn... it uses a d 100 as well as an absurd amount of factors, and you managed to get the highest possible roll
(Brown army whim: Major Neutral)

Your speech seems to strike a chord with the purple army, as they immediately gather around you and chant "Me'e tol ansean meloer" wildly, even though they haven't the slightest idea what it could mean. Their steampunk weaponry gleams in the sun, while the army in brown silently slinks away rather than side with their enemies. You remember that you sent Bobby and Iron-Blood into the mountains a while back, and if the pattern from before continued from when you last saw them, then their seals are gone. The next card in your deck is one of a man made completely from water, with a copper border.

"Nothing for me, thanks. However..."

Alena talks while inspecting one of the closer puppets.

"I've heard these lands house quite a bit of, well, loot, to put it bluntly. I first came here looking for my sister, who came looking for my other sister, who was transported here to partake in some sort of competition on the crater formerly known as Death Mountain. However, I myself seem to have been dragged into this competition as well, and believe that the more loot you have, the more powerful you become. We both only wish to survive long enough to escape. And, er, loot couldn't hurt. The point is, I was wondering if you knew of any of this 'Loot'."
"Uh, I would like to decline too, because we are adventuring after all.
And yeah, if you would tell us about any loot we could gain it'd be fantastic!"

While saying this she inspects the building that they are currently in.
I love how there's this huge fight going on in the middle of the valley(?), and Borno and I are just off having a plot all to ourselves.
Not to mention Tsuchigumo550 and scapheap too. So many plots, so little time!

The man seems a little disappointed, and quickly writes something in a small notebook, his face turning bright red as he does so. When he looks up at the two of you again, he seems somewhat surprised, and almost opens his mouth to speak before thinking better of it and crossing out whatever it was that he wrote.
"Wow, you really are from another world, aren't you? I guess that means that the aasdfdsfsdfhjksdfhasjkdfhashdfjkhajhdf..."
The man's speech is suddenly replaced with gibberish for about a full minute. Oddly, the speech does not match the movement of his mouth at all. When he returns to normal, he immediately scribbles something down in his book again.
"Sorry about that, I almost gave out some pretty big spoilers just then. Thank goodness for editing! Anyways, you're looking for loot? While I don't have any on me at the moment, I could make some for you... of course, I'd need a bit of something in return. But I promise it's not much. You see, a few friends and I are about to have a bit of a competition. Nothing special about that, considering how boring immortal life can get. But things will get even more boring once I'm out of the running for this competition. While the rules of the competition forbid me from giving away any spoilers, I can still ask for you to back me up in it once it starts. And I promise that I'll give you some truly neat 'loot' if you promise to help me out, and even better stuff if we actually start winning! So what do you say? Care to join team Douse? That's my name by the way, Samuel Douse, although I'll let you call me Sam if you join me."
With that, he scribbles in his book to create a pair of copper scepters, each about five-feet long and topped with a heart made of pure emerald.
"So, if you decide to join me, you get these nifty things. Great for making people fall in love... or out of love, if you want. Plus, they'll let you each control a puppet... Not the most durable of servants, but if you paint them up right, you can make them indistinguishable from a human being."
To prove his point, he makes another scribble in his book, and a pair of puppets modeled exactly off of you two appear.
"Perfect body doubles, don't you think? You can have these ones if you want... that is, if you're interested in joining me."
Samuel looks at you two expectantly, waiting for you to make your decisions.

((Crap... Missed a turn.))
"Let's see what they have on this marvel..."
Help man the most badass piece of weaponry apparent.

You leap onto something which looks similar to a gatling gun, but loaded up with harpoons. One of the engineers gives you a worried look.
"You'd better be a pretty good shot with that Towcannon. It's the only thing that can force a skysnake to land, and if you miss with it, we'll most likely be sunk before we can reload."
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: May 16, 2013, 12:48:40 am »

Alani's grow wide, as she picks up the sceptre.
"WOW! These look spectacular! And the puppets! So...lifelike! I'd be happy to join you on your quest, Sam. VG?"

Alani looks expectantly at her partner.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: May 16, 2013, 12:51:50 am »

Well darn it seems a 504 ate my explore the icy forest tunnels action so i guess ill do that this turn.

explore stealthily, attempt to snipe some food if possible.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: May 16, 2013, 01:11:10 am »

What's going on here? Am I suddenly going mad? thinks Kordos.

"You there! Don't come any closer or I'll shoot!" He brandishes his gun.

Kordos tells the creature not to come any closer, and prepares to fire if it does.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: May 16, 2013, 04:24:01 am »

(Crap)

Roll away and use the dead old guy clothes as bandages.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: May 16, 2013, 05:24:31 am »

"Thanks for your assistance with that monstrous person, I beleive we could benefit by working together... Whats that, brickey thing? a scanner of some sort it says?.... wait IT!? still after you have tested it would you have a look at this?"
Approach raynen and if he accepts my offer of assistance join him also if the request to use the scanner is approved then present my blade to it to be scanned
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: May 16, 2013, 06:35:28 am »

Grab the weakest-looking person arounf and force them towards the frog's mouth. Into it, ideally.

When life gives you a hammer, nail your foes. Wait, that doesn't sound right...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: May 16, 2013, 06:50:35 am »

Head northwest to avoid the madness.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: May 16, 2013, 07:17:35 am »

"I don't have time for pests like you!!!"

Run for the throne room, and continue to do so with as few interruptions as possible

((as I may be gone for a short while (5 days, possibly) and I probably won't be able to post actions. Let me just put a blanket set of priorities on the next few turns:
1. live
2. get to the throne room))

EDIT: Also, Why isn't Giant Bug-man helping me? if he isn't already on his way, Call the bug dude!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 07:40:20 am by +!!scientist!!+ »
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 159