Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 263394 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! Battle of the Joke Weapons!
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2013, 05:20:17 pm »

It will still pierce eyes and arteries.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2013, 05:22:46 pm »

But that would be if I dodged so horribly, I got a 1...
But I can't get 1's, only a 2 which is just an average fail, aka, another shot to the leg or something...

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2013, 05:27:51 pm »

Your leg has arteries...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2013, 05:31:25 pm »

But it is a Bb....

So small, it won't render Permanent damage except to eyes and brain, even it it hits an artery, it won't bleed much until closing....

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2013, 05:33:17 pm »

Deth by 1000 BB's  :D

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2013, 05:37:23 pm »

But bonus would be negated by my own dexterity, and aiming a usually non lethal weapon at a person's skull will not kill them......
On the other hand, your dexterity is negated by my range, leaving my own dexterity as the only modifier.

And besides BB's only pierce flesh.... Never bone
So? Flesh bleeds a lot. Eyes and several other vulnerable parts are also flesh. Anyways, it's not like I have a choice here...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2013, 06:11:59 pm »

Well if we team up i could loan you a glove until we get you something better...

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2013, 06:37:06 pm »

"Wait. I think I see someone over there. In the forest!"
Alina points towards the slight movement happening among the trees across the river.
"Why don't we g-go there. See what this thing can do."

Alina takes a running start, and leaps across the river, heading towards the Forest, snake in hand.
"Sounds good."
Rakzad follows, hands at the ready to strike any hostiles.

The two of you run towards the forest, with your weapons at the ready in case you're attacked. Fortunately, the only fighting that seems to be going on is up by the lake, although you wonder how long it will stay there. You both stop by the edge of the grove, ready to make a hasty retreat should the person inside turn out to be hostile.

SEARCH THE TOWER FOR MORE BADASS LOOT. No wait loot doesn't work like that.

EXIT TOWER WITH BADASS EXPLOOOOOOOSSSSSSIIIOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

You walk out of the tower, with your chainsaw whirring in your hands. No explosives go off, sadly.

throw another knife at Javier
Grab butter knife while Javier is still running towards me if I have a pocket to put it in, then shoot him point-blank before he gets within grabbing distance. Point blank range should be a bonus, right? If shooting him fails to have an effect, avoid losing gun.
Go to Arthur, wrestle from him his BB gun
(Billy dexterity roll: 1+1)
(Arthur dexterity roll: 3+1)
(Javier dexterity roll: 4+1-1) [The -1 is because Arthur is pretty far away from you, and you're running at him]

As Billy fumbles with the lid of his knife case, Javier drops his gravel and sprints towards Arthur, who lines up another shot. He reaches Arthur and grabs on to the gun just as Arthur prepares to pull the trigger.
(Arthur strength roll: 2-1)
(Javier strength roll: 4-1)
Knowing that trying to dodge would be useless at this range, Javier jerks the gun hard to the left, and it flies out of Arthur's hands and onto the ground nearby.

(Billy dexterity roll:2+1)
(Javier dexterity roll: 6+1)
As the gun hits the ground, Javier hears a sound behind him and whirls around, snatching Billy's butter knife out of the air.

repeat

You keep on lurking by the side of the tower, watching the fight play out.

MAP
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2013, 06:42:09 pm »

opportunistic douchebaggery

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2013, 06:43:15 pm »

Grab the gun with the other hand and stab Arthur with the butter knife in his gut
You dare to mess with my Latin blood!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2013, 06:52:04 pm »

Well if we team up i could loan you a glove until we get you something better...
I would be open to an alliance. What would the terms be? Most importantly, would we split the loot or make it killers keepers until otherwise noted?

Anyways. Shouldn't I have shot before he reached me? It doesn't make sense that I shouldn't be able to do so. Also, what scale is the map at? How wide is the tower, how wide the dots?

Tackle Javier.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2013, 07:00:44 pm »

I would be open to an alliance. What would the terms be? Most importantly, would we split the loot or make it killers keepers until otherwise noted?

Anyways. Shouldn't I have shot before he reached me? It doesn't make sense that I shouldn't be able to do so. Also, what scale is the map at? How wide is the tower, how wide the dots?

Tackle Javier.
you couldn't pull the trigger fast enough, but Javier obviously has been playing fútbol for ages, and has better reactions and dexterity than you

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2013, 07:10:58 pm »

Tackle Javier.
Both, loot splitting based on who can make best use of what but you keep everything you earn if i dont help you

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2013, 07:18:06 pm »

Tackle Javier.
It's not so much the speed of you pulling the trigger as it is the speed of you lining up the shot at the eyes of the crazy Hispanic man charging at you. And I'm really awful at judging distances, but each side of the triangle is about 200 yards long. Also, the dots are more for finding the relative area of characters; I'll try to put them where the characters are, but if two people are in close combat or right next to each other, then I'll leave some space between them to avoid confusion.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2013, 07:31:41 pm »

"TIME TO HUNT MAGGOTS"

Make my way towards the lake.

EDIT: EXXXXXXPPLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 09:52:54 pm by stefmor90 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 159