Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 263048 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! Battle of the Joke Weapons!
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2013, 07:35:41 pm »

Anyways. Shouldn't I have shot before he reached me? It doesn't make sense that I shouldn't be able to do so. Also, what scale is the map at? How wide is the tower, how wide the dots?

Tackle Javier.
you couldn't pull the trigger fast enough, but Javier obviously has been playing fútbol for ages, and has better reactions and dexterity than you
[/quote]
Um...I also have a + in Dexterity. So no you don't.

Well if we team up i could loan you a glove until we get you something better...
I would be open to an alliance. What would the terms be? Most importantly, would we split the loot or make it killers keepers until otherwise noted?
Both, loot splitting based on who can make best use of what but you keep everything you earn if i dont help you
Agreed.

Well if we team up i could loan you a glove until we get you something better...
I would be open to an alliance. What would the terms be? Most importantly, would we split the loot or make it killers keepers until otherwise noted?

Anyways. Shouldn't I have shot before he reached me? It doesn't make sense that I shouldn't be able to do so. Also, what scale is the map at? How wide is the tower, how wide the dots?

Tackle Javier.
It's not so much the speed of you pulling the trigger as it is the speed of you lining up the shot at the eyes of the crazy Hispanic man charging at you.
Or, you know, shoot ANYWHERE. Did I say I wanted to hit the eyes? No? Then why would I be penalized for aiming at the eyes?

And I'm really awful at judging distances, but each side of the triangle is about 200 yards long. Also, the dots are more for finding the relative area of characters; I'll try to put them where the characters are, but if two people are in close combat or right next to each other, then I'll leave some space between them to avoid confusion.
Alright then...about how wide is the tower?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2013, 07:37:20 pm »

Rakzad shouts, "Oi, you in the forest! You can either come out here and join us, or we'll kill you and take your loot."
Rakzad stays several yards from the edge of the trees, waiting for a response.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2013, 07:49:44 pm »

Move to a position where I am not about to be attacked by everyone joining the fight. Throw knifes at anyone attacking me.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2013, 08:44:04 pm »

Well obviously Javier has been in bull fights as well and will skillfully dodge your tackle, as the crowd cheerfully yells "Olé"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2013, 08:46:22 pm »

And trips over a rock as he dodges to which the crowds responds with derisive laughter.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2013, 08:47:26 pm »

Run down the south of the forest, and attempt to come at the guy from behind with the snake.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2013, 08:50:03 pm »

And trips over a rock as he dodges to which the crowds responds with derisive laughter.
well really that won't happen..... +1 dexterity does that....
What could happen is I manage to trip right into his path however...

But maybe it's not a smart idea to tackle a guy who is trying to stab you with a butter knife a a water gun.....

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2013, 08:52:31 pm »

well really that won't happen..... +1 dexterity does that....
What could happen is I manage to trip right into his path however...

But maybe it's not a smart idea to tackle a guy who is trying to stab you with a butter knife a a water gun.....
Dexterity only matters on how well you aim and how fast you move. Check the OP. Not tripping would be something to do with observation, or something like it. Probably luck.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2013, 08:53:55 pm »

Of course can... provided you replace the word rock with "competitors leg" and they have specified they want to trip you.

...or if they throw a rock at your foot...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:58:44 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2013, 11:17:57 pm »

Oh no, I'm so scared of a knife without an edge and water.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2013, 11:21:55 pm »

((Bet javier dies next round. D:))

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2013, 11:29:53 pm »

Butter knives will cause more damage to your body than a sharp knife..... If the damn thing actually penetrates....Imagine the  force of a fully grown and crazed man focus into a single small and metallic object, if it penetrates your gut, you might bleed out

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2013, 11:36:41 pm »

Butter knives will cause more damage to your body than a sharp knife..... If the damn thing actually penetrates....Imagine the  force of a fully grown and crazed man focus into a single small and metallic object, if it penetrates your gut, you might bleed out
Again, not true. Whether or not it's sharp has no effect. HOWEVER, if the knife has a jagged edge, it may get caught, which WILL do more damage. The Butter knife may HURT more, but the damage will be the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2013, 11:50:07 pm »

Assuming you can even do anything. I mean, bruises sure, but it's a lot harder to break the skin.
Sig

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! First Blood!
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2013, 01:01:14 am »

opportunistic douchebaggery
Grab the gun with the other hand and stab Arthur with the butter knife in his gut
You dare to mess with my Latin blood!

Tackle Javier.
(Archuk dexterity roll: 5+1-1)[Again, -1 due to running distance]
(Javier dexterity roll: 2+1)
(Arthur dexterity roll: 3+1)

Javier dives for the gun, but is intercepted by Archuk, who has sprinted from his spot by the tower into the middle of the fray.

(Archuk dexterity roll: 5+1)
(Javier dexterity roll: 3+1)
(Archuk strength roll: 6+1)
(Javier endurance roll: 2-1)

As Javier turns to meet this new foe, Archuk extends his arms and spins like a ballerina... A ballerina with hands that end in foot-long steel claws. The attack catches Javier square in the chest, and his entire upper body appears to shred like tissue paper as blood and the blue fluid from the claws spray everywhere. Javier looks down at what's left of his torso and falls backwards, thoroughly dead, while Arthur picks his gun up off of the ground.

(Archuk luck roll: 5)

Javier's squirt-gun shimmers faintly before opening into a large gap in reality, which sucks the corpse into it. The edges of the portal then shudder violently, and as it collapses it spits out a pair of... panties? They are various shades of blue and green, and covered in strangely glowing yellow lightning-bolt shaped runes. Both you and Arthur look at them, looks of utter confusion upon your faces. Is this really the treasure that you just killed a man for?

"TIME TO HUNT MAGGOTS"

Make my way towards the lake.

You swagger towards the lake just in time to see Javier get ripped to shreds before being sucked into a portal. And you're not sure, but you think that you see a pair of panties fly out of the portal...

Move to a position where I am not about to be attacked by everyone joining the fight. Throw knifes at anyone attacking me.

You see Archuk sprint out from behind the tower and cut Javier to ribbons, and you quickly put the tower between Archuk and yourself, glad that the man you made an enemy of is dead.

Run down the south of the forest, and attempt to come at the guy from behind with the snake.
Rakzad shouts, "Oi, you in the forest! You can either come out here and join us, or we'll kill you and take your loot."
Rakzad stays several yards from the edge of the trees, waiting for a response.

The man does not respond to Rakzad's shouting, and Alina creeps around the grove before extending her arm and setting her serpent upon the man.

(Alina/Snake dexterity roll: 2)
(George dexterity roll: 6-1)
(Snake endurance roll: 4)

The snake flies towards George, who slaps it out of the air with the back of his hand before leaning back against his tree, paying no notice to either Alina or Rakzad. The snake lands pretty hard, but doesn't seem to be harmed very badly, and it looks up at Alina as if asking what to do next.

SPATULUS APPEARS INSIDE OF THE RUINED TOWER
(Spatulus luck roll: 4)

The waiver in Spatulus' hands bends itself into a wooden crossbow, with the arms modeled after bird wings. Instead of feathers however, the wings are covered in brown-feathered darts.

MAP
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 159