Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 263328 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! Welcome to the Jungle!
« Reply #435 on: February 12, 2013, 02:23:49 pm »

Stay away from the giant. Go north. "Yes, I'd like peace. I doubt my ability to defend myself from a 40 foot tall giant. "
(I knew I'd get a 6 and nothing !!FUN!! would happen. Talk about luck. Also that's fine superblast.)
((Awesome! And you do know your not the one by the giant, I am. Your in the middle of the dried up lake.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 12, 2013, 02:41:40 pm »

Stay away from the giant. Go north. "Yes, I'd like peace. I doubt my ability to defend myself from a 40 foot tall giant. "
(I knew I'd get a 6 and nothing !!FUN!! would happen. Talk about luck. Also that's fine superblast.)
((Awesome! And you do know your not the one by the giant, I am. Your in the middle of the dried up lake.))
(Yeah, I know. I still wanna stay as far away as possible. As a side note, something tells me killing someone with my bare hands would be slightly difficult, even with my bonuses.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 12, 2013, 03:22:52 pm »

"Excellent. Allow me to introduce myself: I am Razdak of the Greencloaks. We are an organization that represents creation and order in opposition to the vast sea of destruction and chaos that surrounds us. We also support unity and equality, and, to that end, I shall try to improve your situation."

Razdak attempts to create a weapon for Unlucky, like a club or a bow and arrows.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:25:00 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 12, 2013, 05:26:26 pm »

"Hey, we didn't die. That's a start. Here, let me help you out."

Open up a portal near Lucky and one as high up on a tree as I can.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! Arthur's Cosmetic Portals!
« Reply #439 on: February 13, 2013, 12:31:43 am »

Uh-oh. Drop a branch on Unlucky.

You look off across the jungle at Unlucky, and wish that he was close enough for you to drop a branch on his head. However, he moves even further away from you.

Leave and head toward Lucky.
"Hey, we didn't die. That's a start. Here, let me help you out."

Open up a portal near Lucky and one as high up on a tree as I can.
((I'm thinking raz has the most powerful weapon right now.... And me trying to find an alliance is gonna be a hell of a problem now with two people trying to kill my ass.))

"Woah! Thanks Lilia... we're both guardians for each other now haha," Lucky says to Lilia and then adds, "Anyways, this grass popped out just in time. I think we need to get away from this giant. Let's use the grass to sneak away alright?"
"Alright, if you say so," Lilia replies with a grin. Lucky is kinda amazed she can smile even after nearly dying... twice.
Lucky starts sneaking away to the north, with Lilia floating low right behind him, hoping that his luck continues so that no one can see him and Lilia. What he wants to say will have to wait.

Sneak away using the tree high grass as cover. Head northward as far as I can this turn while staying in the grass. Then ask Lilia to float up just barely above the grass to see what is around.

((Btw, whoever Unlucky is, I'm automatically teaming up with you and calling you my brother. ))
(John dexterity: 1-1) Old people problems...
(Arthur dexterity: 6+1)
(Lucky dexterity: 2-1)

(Arthur affinity: 4+1)
(Lucky dexterity: 4-1)
(Lilia dexterity: 4)
(Lucky badassery: 6-1) I'm now thoroughly convinced that Lucky's luck extends beyond mere stats...
(Lilia badassery: 5-1)

As John drags his arthritic ass across the battlefield, Arthur presses a few keys and creates a portal beneath Lucky and Lilia. The two of them are sucked directly through it, and rocket out of an exit at the top of one of the large trees. As Lucky plummets to the ground, Lilia floats gently down, and makes a plain gesture with her hands, immediately slowing her friend's descent. Lucky lands lightly on his feet, completely unchanged by the portal, and Lilia floats down beside him, noticeably more... developed... but otherwise normal. The two of them begin to make their way north, while John curses and realizes that they've been teleported away from where he was heading.

You head north, and stand around by Razdak, scraping some of the mud off of your boots as you leave the lakebed.

"Excellent. Allow me to introduce myself: I am Razdak of the Greencloaks. We are an organization that represents creation and order in opposition to the vast sea of destruction and chaos that surrounds us. We also support unity and equality, and, to that end, I shall try to improve your situation."

Razdak attempts to create a weapon for Unlucky, like a club or a bow and arrows.
power slide off somewhere as per pm
how the fuck are we gonna take out that sniper now? Kadzar is the only person with any hope of being able to affect anything that high up.
(Razdak dexterity: 5-1)
(Sven dexterity: 1+3+2)

(Sven dexterity: 5+3)
(Razdak dexterity: 5-1)
(Sven strength: 3+2+2)
(Razdak strength: 4-6)

(Sven affinity: 2-2+4)
(Lootington strength: 6-1)

As Razdak prepares to create a weapon, Sven whizzes by him and yanks the staff out of his feeble grip before sliding out of reach. With a wave of the gigantic flower, the tree across the arena that Lootington is in begins to shake violently, but the sniper hangs on for dear life, and manages not to lose his footing.

MAP
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 13, 2013, 12:38:38 am »

So close... 1 more point on my affinity roll and that tree would have come down.

Also hooray for all terrain skating shoes  :D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:05:34 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 13, 2013, 12:55:32 am »

I'm out. I have 4 different assignments due in a week, so will not be posting here until then... Please kill me with dignity Wwolin.
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 13, 2013, 12:56:29 am »

I'm out. I have 4 different assignments due in a week, so will not be posting here until then... Please kill me with dignity Wwolin.
Begin the autoing!
Or have him withdrawn due to contractual issues.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 13, 2013, 01:19:28 am »

Lucky stares at Lilia for a while, stroking his chin as if he was thinking.
"W-what? Is something wrong with me?" Lilia says while getting embarrassed by Lucky staring at her.
"Not bad... not as quite cute as before, but this defiantly has it's own style as well... I approve!" Lucky finally says after a while, not caring if Lilia knows what he's talking about or thinks he's weird, "I need to thank whoever opened up that portal thing. Not only did that portal save my ass, but also it gave your look an nice upgrade."
"Huh?" Lilia looks at herself, finally realizing what Lucky was talking about, "W-w-what at you staring at!? Ah geez!" And with that she flies off to the north through the tall grass, half embarrassed and half angry.
Lucky just grins while chuckling to himself and says, "I think she forgot that was supposed to be guarding me." Then he realizes he forgot to say what he wanted to say and runs after her.

Head north toward the top corner. If I meet Razdak or Unlucky, greet them and team up with them. If they agree, see if Lilia can put some of her shields on them as well. If attacked and within my range, ax the person. If they aren't in my range but nearby, have Lilia geyser my attacker.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 13, 2013, 03:24:56 am »

Go north
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 13, 2013, 08:09:27 am »

Not only did I save you from that old man, I "upgraded" your guardian angel!

...Did I just way that?

Anyways.

Leave the tower and locate some cover. Create a portal under (whoever Mr. Fancy Pants is playing) and one as high up as possible.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:33:51 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 13, 2013, 09:45:04 am »

"It appears my luck has spread to you as well." Unlucky looks south. "Something seems famiar about that person, but I'm not sure what." do nothing. wait for lucky to approach.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 06:11:21 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 13, 2013, 06:28:07 pm »

"You bloody great fool, your lust for personal power will doom us all! Relinquish that staff to me immediately; you don't even know what you're doing with it, and I don't even want to think of what would happen if you critically mis-channel it. I could have easily removed that tree over there, had you only thought to have asked me instead of just taking what you want like a petulant child. Besides, are you really willing to wager that I absolutely need that staff to do magic?"

Razdak prepares to attempt to channel the latent magic in the grass to bind Sven if he does not give back the staff.

(OOC: Even if this does work I expect there may be some sort of penalty for trying to use something not made to be used as a magic item.)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 06:55:51 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 13, 2013, 09:24:05 pm »

i will happily relinquish the staff under two conditions,
One, i succesfully cause the tree to fall or critically misfire and two, you agree to summon a marlboro king inside the grass tower

Also you realise its impossible for me to misfire right? -2+4=+2
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:27:38 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 13, 2013, 09:56:59 pm »

"I have no idea what a 'marlboro king' is, but if you return my staff now, I'll agree to remove the bothersome tree if you agree to stop interrupting my research of the laws of magic in this realm."
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 159