Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 263379 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Open-World Adventure with Treasure! FALCON PUNCH!
« Reply #1485 on: April 11, 2013, 01:06:29 am »

Did the demon say their name? If so, tell me and I might be able to call them off.

~I got friends on the other side~
And I've got an ancient copy of the Ars Goetia. If I only had its name, I could enslave it for six days a week and have it write the turn for me. Or better yet, have it write my papers while I write the turn... according to the Goetia, demons are surprisingly skilled at sciences and liberal arts.
They've got nothing better to do.
If you want to bait it into revealing the name, try taunting it, saying how it's not such a big deal, I've never heard of you, blah blah blah. Insult his credibility and then when he's really mad, challenge him to reveal their name to you. Boom, enslaved demon.

If you die from this advice it's not my fault, by the way.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: April 11, 2013, 01:14:58 am »

Did the demon say their name? If so, tell me and I might be able to call them off.

~I got friends on the other side~
And I've got an ancient copy of the Ars Goetia. If I only had its name, I could enslave it for six days a week and have it write the turn for me. Or better yet, have it write my papers while I write the turn... according to the Goetia, demons are surprisingly skilled at sciences and liberal arts.
They've got nothing better to do.
If you want to bait it into revealing the name, try taunting it, saying how it's not such a big deal, I've never heard of you, blah blah blah. Insult his credibility and then when he's really mad, challenge him to reveal their name to you. Boom, enslaved demon.

If you die from this advice it's not my fault, by the way.
GO, SEALING CIRCLE!
WILD OROBAS WAS CAUGHT!

So I got the demonic equivalent of Good Guy Greg. Turns out he just showed up to tell me to get some sleep before I pass out at the keyboard again. Also, 100 PAGES! I'll do something special for you guys to celebrate when I finally get around to that turn.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: April 11, 2013, 01:15:41 am »

Yeah!
Sig! Onol

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: April 11, 2013, 07:14:36 pm »

Follow friends into hole.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: April 11, 2013, 07:42:02 pm »

100 PAAAGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: April 11, 2013, 07:42:41 pm »

100 PAAAGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
And I will make my ascendance!
And not die on the first or second turn.
Sig! Onol

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: April 11, 2013, 07:46:46 pm »

I'm gonna laugh when tyou die.... before the turn even ends! That'll be hilarious.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: April 11, 2013, 07:58:31 pm »

I'm gonna laugh when tyou die.... before the turn even ends! That'll be hilarious.
Dying the turn I spawn in is frankly stupid.
Sig! Onol

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: April 11, 2013, 08:19:23 pm »

Yes it is.... but i would still no doubt laugh at your unluckyness. I laugh at anyone's unluckyness... even mine when Lucky finally died.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

OH GOD WHERE AM I? GIVE ME A DAMN MAP. YOU! YES YOU!
*Yukkuri points at Craig*
YOU SHALL JOIN ME ON MY GRAND QUEST TO FIND THE MAP! DO YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND THE MAP?
Eat the Craig. Get Craig powers.
(Yukkuri dex: 5-1)
(Craig dex: 6)

(Yukkuri end: 6+3)

You walk towards Craig and attempt to pick him up with your mech so that you can take a bite, but he steps out of the way. "Woah there... I think your wounds are starting to mess with your head a little bit... Maybe you should just lie down or something until our medics show up."

"Well that was just to easy! And here I was suspecting a fight to remember." *sigh*
Secret PM stuff... AGAIN!
"Well done, Mage! It seems your magic allowed you to get around her defenses and finally land a blow. And now that that spear has left her grasp, I think she'll prove to be far more manageable. Once she wakes up, we can question her about where she got the spear and what she knows about the area, and hopefully gain some valuable intel. Although we have no idea when she'll come to, and we've wasted enough time already, so I say we take her with us and away from the place we arrived here."

Zardak scoops up the girl in his left arm and heads in the direction going away from the spawn area.

Then plans on laughing at Zardak who has a crappy looking spear while he has a cool one!
If he does that, Zardak will point out that his pike has a banner of a bear attached to it, therefore his argument is invalid.
(Osborn dex: 1)
(Zardak dex: 5-1)

(Zardak str: 3+5)
(Book aff: 2+4)
(Osborn dex: 6)
(Zardak dex: 6-1)
(Zardak end: 6+2-2)
(Zardak bad: 4+2)
(Ellie end: 5+1)
(Ellie bad: 3)

Zardak picks the unconscious girl up over his left shoulder, and turns around just in time to see Osborn ascending while chanting some sort of spell at him. He runs, but the ground beneath his feet becomes a sea of black tar, belching forth dark fireballs constantly. As the warlord struggles to escape the flames, the ground beneath him shudders violently before releasing an enormous sphere of oil-black flame skywards. Zardak is completely engulfed by the spell, but is completely unharmed when the flames clear. The girl, however, is less fortunate. While she doesn't seem to be burnt, a band of black smoke is wrapped around her mouth and nose like a gag, and she snaps awake, thrashing wildly and clawing at the smoke as her face turns bright purple. Zardak momentarily tries to calm her, before noticing that a pillar of smoke behind him has solidified into a tower of deadly-looking miniguns and continuing his escape through the mountains.

((What? I didn't test out my hat? Did you forget that?))

"Well... that was boring and anti-climatic. I was hoping for a battle full of death and pain!" Evil Lucky complains. "Aurwyn my love, I promise you we'll have more fun n' guts soon. Go test out that hat that came from the guy you spine busted until then." He then walks over to the spear she dropped and decides to pick it up and give it a few swings. Then plans on laughing at Zardak who has a crappy looking spear while he has a cool one!

Have Aurwyn test out the hat while I pick up the spear the spear lady dropped. Afterwards follow along with Team Badass.

((I get the feeling the spear is what made the spear lady so crazy...))
(Aurwyn aff: 5+2)

(Lucky bad: 4-1)

(Lucky aff: 5-1+2)
(Lucky dex: 3-1-2) I'm assuming you're trying to resist the spear's influence
(Aurwyn dex: 2-6)
(Aurwyn end: 2+2)

Aurwyn's face twitches uncomfortably at the word 'love', but you hardly notice this due to the hat completely hiding her tiny head. The feather in the hat glows brightly for a brief moment, before the glow is transferred to Aurwyn's eyes and fingertips. She launches an experimental burst of acid from her palm, and a pleased grin spreads across her face as the volatile projectile flies a good distance before exploding with such force that reality is briefly shattered around the area. You shoot her a thumbs up before picking up your new spear, which immediately releases multicolored streams of energy across your body. You're not entirely sure what happens after that, but all of a sudden Aurwyn is tied to the ground by a set of strong cables made out of solid electricity. Her metallic body seems to be well protected against the shocks at first, but a horrifying scream not unlike microphone feedback makes you realize that she's in a great deal of pain. Your clothes have also mysteriously changed colors, becoming jet-black with sky-blue runes forming intricate patterns on your chest and limbs.

Alena flags down Genius so they can talk and maybe fly to that steamy place.
-snip-
I don't know if you intended it, but I can't help but read your character's lines in the voice of Zoey from the Yogscast.
((Gosh dangit Kadzar, now I am unable to think of my character as anyone else! >:( ))
Certainly not the weirdest thing to happen to me today!
"... Hello Scissors! What should I call you?... I know! Onrob!"
With the Scissor's sex unknown, Zoey VG calls it the gender-ambigous name Onrob.
Alright! No time to tarry! Let us continue onwards! Onrob and I will be the most feared contestants of this game!
VG pats  Onrob thoughtfully before deciding to cut off some of her shorts. Surely that will sate Onrob's unfathomable hunger!
Hmm, what's that on the ground? I'd better check it out!
Seeing Alena she flies down and lands.
"Why, hello there! I'm Village Genius but all my friends just call me VG!"
Which is why the only person to have ever called her VG is herself.
"Who are you if I may ask?"
(Genius aff: 5+6)

Onrob snips away not only part of VG's shorts, but the very fabric of reality, creating a gaping black tear in spacetime, from which pours forth a flood of puppies of all different breeds. Despite a small black and white beagle making a leap for the controls, VG manages to land the plane without a hitch, as Alena runs over and introduces herself before being hit with a literal wave of small dogs which are pouring out of the plane. Well, at least they're friendly...

"How odd."

Keep advancing.

Your sword's too heavy for you to carry alone, and Charlie doesn't look like he's ready to set out, so you do the only logical thing. You throw caution into the wind and follow the icy footsteps into the darkness. At the end of the tunnel, there is another open cavern, dimly lit by strangely glowing ice-crystals, with wooden barrels strewn about all over the black obsidian floor. It's too dim to see very far, but you have the incredibly unnerving feeling that you're being watched.

"A bit disturbing, if you ask me."

Stay. Keep a grip on the sword. Look for clues to...well, hints of what these impaled people are doing all impaled.

You examine the ice spike closely, and find that there are several Greek letters carved into it.

"Xi, gamma... Lambda, delta... Omicron, alpha..."

Well, you can't make heads or tails of it. I suppose you could say it's all Greek to you!

Follow friends.

You decide that Annie probably needs your help where she is going, so you follow her through the dark tunnel into a dimly-lit chamber. You can hear footsteps and the tinkling of glass chimes growing steadily closer, and the room is growing almost dangerously cold... You've seen enough movies to know that this is never, EVER, a good sign.

Enter ze temple

You step inside of the temple to escape the rain, just as a lightning bolt slams down at the spot where you were previously standing. Looking around, you notice an enormous altar made of steel and bone in the center of the room, surrounded by four black-iron statues of vicious-looking birds with pinion feathers the size of broadswords. The entire room is bathed in a dull light emanating from a massive steel claymore which has somehow been lodged in the ceiling, roughly fifty feet up... How the hell does someone even get something stuck there?

Hmmm.... I shall name you Bobby
Climb on top of his shoulders and tell hi to get us away from the mountain as fast as possible. look at the next card

You climb onto Bobby's shoulders, but he immediately pulls you off and sets you down before snapping his fingers to summon a great chariot, drawn by a full team of four bears and four lions, all covered in splendid golden armor encrusted with gems. He then picks you up as easily as if you were a feather and places you in the back of your new ride, while the sword in his hand morphs into a long driving whip. As he drives the chariot towards the eastern plains, you can't help but notice that there are only six seals on his face now... Weren't there seven just a minute ago? As you ride, you examine another card from your deck, this on depicting a cherub riding on the back of a fearsome two-headed dragon. The chariot suddenly draws to a halt however, and you peer over the shoulders of your driver and notice a small battle going on near a river. Slightly off to the side of this, there is a woman in a large mechanical suit who seems to be... Fighting? Talking? Molesting? You can't tell for certain, but she's definitely doing something to a man who seems to be a cowboy of sorts, who is standing over an unconscious fellow in purple.

"Hey you! With the spear!"
Pick up the paper, using my sleeves to avoid touching it. If Zardak is close enough, ask him if I may borrow some of the unconscious girl's blood.

Zardak is far away, but that trick with your sleeves actually seems to be working. You pick up the paper without a hitch, and wave it around triumphantly... Now, to find a magic marker.

ROZAR AND GRUNGSON SPAWN
(Rozar luk: 1)

Rozar's waiver becomes a plain white T-shirt. It's not even a nice T-shirt; it's covered in holes and stains, and smells like it's been worn to the gym and back a few too many times.

(Grungson luk: -1-6)

Grungson's waiver becomes a heavy anvil made from what seems to be a combination of bone and metal. A bright yellow eye snaps open on one of the sides, and various tentacles ending in assorted hammer-heads sprout form the other and begin to slam down upon the surface of the anvil, producing an odd sound that seems to be a blend between clattering and clanking.

AND NOW, FOR YOUR 100 PAGE REWARD!

I haven't really thought of one yet :P
But I guess that's what I have you guys for. Just come up with ideas, and if they don't seem too broken, then I'll implement them. It could be anything, from designing your own boss, to adding things to the generator (Although I've already added many, many, MANY things), to even... well, I don't know. But I'm sure you guys will think of something.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Alena picks up one of the puppies to wear as a pet/hat. She then explains where she wants to go, and asks to be taken there.

((Hm. Maybe a ghost-infested mansion area? In the style of Luigi's Mansion?))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

"GAH! YOU DARE BETRAY LORD ZARDAK? MARK MY WORDS, MAGE, YOU WILL COME TO REGRET CROSSING ME!"

Zardak notices Ellie thrashing in his arms.

"Hey, calm down! It's not safe here; I need to get you away from this place."

Zardak tries to settle Ellie down and get as far away from Osborn and his minigun tower as possible.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting ...

Grab a nearby rock and place it upon the anvil, at the end where the hammers are. Observe what happens. If nothing happens, politely ask the eye if it would kindly make the stone into a weapon for me.
Sig! Onol

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Get into a defense stance

"Come out, I know you're here."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((How about an ocean and nearby the beach is an island. On the island, hostile creatures all over the place that has the powers of loot between luck -15 to 15 and there is some really neat loot hidden somewhere on the island... like say... level 25 or -25 (plus the person's luck)? Or more then one? Also on the island is a boss person that can summon up said cretures. It'd be a real dangerous place to be that's for sure.))

"AH DAMN MY EARS!" Evil Lucky screams out from Aurwyn's screams of pain ((I'm assuming it's extremely annoying sound since you said it was like microphone feedback)). He immediately attempts to drop the spear in order to cover his ears.

(If I can drop the spear)
With his ears covered he yells out to Aurwyn, "STOP SCREAMING DAMNIT! I NEVER HEARD ANY BEFORE THATS AS ANNOYING AS YOURS!"

If she get's set free from dropping the spear, apologize to her with stuff about I don't wanna torture the ones I've fallen for since I'm no damn yandere. Plus be a waste to kill other people who think like me. Afterwards have her gravity float (by instead of making gravity more powerful or opposite, just change gravity's direction) the spear over towards Osborn, the girl, and annoying overlord. Have her hide and kind far away from my position as I pick up the spear. I should be close to Osborn and Zardak with Aurwyn far away when I do pick it up. If possible, give her my watch (before floating the spear and grabbing it) and have her support my berserking self from a distance (using whatever means she sees fit). Don't fight against the spears influence, instead embrace it while trying to keep my awareness.

If the electric cords do not disappear when I drop the spear, attempt to free her by first drop kicking her and hoping the force with break the cords. If that doesn't work, tell her to make gravity extremely negative suddenly in hopes the force of the fall will break it while I try my watch on the coils to time freeze the electricity in the cords.

(If I can't drop the spear for some reason)
"FUCK DAMNIT SHIT! I CAN'T DROP IT! STOP YELLING! I'LL TRY TO GET YOU OUT SO STOP THE SCREAMING!" Evil Lucky yells at Aurwyn and then he yells at the spear, "YOU KNOW HOW RARE IT IS TO FIND A GIRL THAT THINKS LIKE ME! I DO NOT WANT TO KILL SUCH AN ODDITY YOU STUPID DAMN SPEAR!"

Attempt to control the powers long enough to destroy the electric cords. Try to direct any murderous attempts caused by the spear to be toward Rambo (or someone else that's close) instead of Aurwyn. If Aurwyn gets free then have her stay far away from me.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 04:48:45 am by superBlast »

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 159