Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 256653 times)

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile

Gyahahahaha, you have evaded the Great Yukkuri's attack, CRAAAAIIIIIIIG, we need to find a map. I think I will peel off my scabs and eat them for a snack until I can find something better.
Find map. Eat some tasty scabs. Get Craig to follow me somehow.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! THREE'S A CROWD!
« Reply #1531 on: April 14, 2013, 11:57:22 pm »

Alena picks up one of the puppies to wear as a pet/hat. She then explains where she wants to go, and asks to be taken there.

((Hm. Maybe a ghost-infested mansion area? In the style of Luigi's Mansion?))
Aww, puppies! Thank you Onrob buddy!
VG grabs a puppy and strokes it gently before letting it be free. She then waits for the other person's response from her earlier question before doing anything.

You both pick up your puppies and have a little heart-to-heart chat, but neither of you can decide where to go next.

"GAH! YOU DARE BETRAY LORD ZARDAK? MARK MY WORDS, MAGE, YOU WILL COME TO REGRET CROSSING ME!"

Zardak notices Ellie thrashing in his arms.

"Hey, calm down! It's not safe here; I need to get you away from this place."

Zardak tries to settle Ellie down and get as far away from Osborn and his minigun tower as possible.
((How about an ocean and nearby the beach is an island. On the island, hostile creatures all over the place that has the powers of loot between luck -15 to 15 and there is some really neat loot hidden somewhere on the island... like say... level 25 or -25 (plus the person's luck)? Or more then one? Also on the island is a boss person that can summon up said cretures. It'd be a real dangerous place to be that's for sure.))

"AH DAMN MY EARS!" Evil Lucky screams out from Aurwyn's screams of pain ((I'm assuming it's extremely annoying sound since you said it was like microphone feedback)). He immediately attempts to drop the spear in order to cover his ears.

(If I can drop the spear)
With his ears covered he yells out to Aurwyn, "STOP SCREAMING DAMNIT! I NEVER HEARD ANY BEFORE THATS AS ANNOYING AS YOURS!"

If she get's set free from dropping the spear, apologize to her with stuff about I don't wanna torture the ones I've fallen for since I'm no damn yandere. Plus be a waste to kill other people who think like me. Afterwards have her gravity float (by instead of making gravity more powerful or opposite, just change gravity's direction) the spear over towards Osborn, the girl, and annoying overlord. Have her hide and kind far away from my position as I pick up the spear. I should be close to Osborn and Zardak with Aurwyn far away when I do pick it up. If possible, give her my watch (before floating the spear and grabbing it) and have her support my berserking self from a distance (using whatever means she sees fit). Don't fight against the spears influence, instead embrace it while trying to keep my awareness.

If the electric cords do not disappear when I drop the spear, attempt to free her by first drop kicking her and hoping the force with break the cords. If that doesn't work, tell her to make gravity extremely negative suddenly in hopes the force of the fall will break it while I try my watch on the coils to time freeze the electricity in the cords.

(If I can't drop the spear for some reason)
"FUCK DAMNIT SHIT! I CAN'T DROP IT! STOP YELLING! I'LL TRY TO GET YOU OUT SO STOP THE SCREAMING!" Evil Lucky yells at Aurwyn and then he yells at the spear, "YOU KNOW HOW RARE IT IS TO FIND A GIRL THAT THINKS LIKE ME! I DO NOT WANT TO KILL SUCH AN ODDITY YOU STUPID DAMN SPEAR!"

Attempt to control the powers long enough to destroy the electric cords. Try to direct any murderous attempts caused by the spear to be toward Rambo (or someone else that's close) instead of Aurwyn. If Aurwyn gets free then have her stay far away from me.
"HAHAHA! You thought you could control ME? Watch as I gain more power than you can possibly imagine!"

If my tower fails to kill them, go after them with spell #4, and MURDER THEM WITH MY FIERY FISTS!
(Zardak dex: 1-1)
(Ellie dex: 4+1)
(Lucky dex: 2-1)
(Aurwyn dex: 5-6)
(Osborn dex: 4)
(Tower dex: 6)

(Tower dex: 6)
(Tower aff: 1)

(Ellie str: 3+2)

(Book aff: 5+4)
(Zardak dex: 1-1)
(Zardak end: 1+2)
(Ellie dex: 4+1)
(Osborn dex: 5)
(Ellie dex: 5)

(Lucky aff: 6-1+4+4)
(Lucky dex: 3-1)
(Ellie dex: 6+1)
(Osborn end: 6+6)
(Ellie end: 4)

(Aurwyn aff: 3+2)
(Osborn str: 2+1)

With a low groaning sound, the guns on the tower turn to point directly at Ellie and Zardak, before suddenly falling apart and vanishing into a spiral of black flame. Cursing, Osborn reads off his fourth spell, while Ellie manages to remove her fiery gag and toss it away. As she gasps for air, Osborn vanishes, and small motes of darkness begin to gather around her and Zardak. She rolls out of the way just before burst of black fire completely incinerates Zardak, and Osborn dives out of the blaze, throwing a punch directly at Ellie's skull but missing.

A short distance away, Lucky throws his spear to the ground in order to free his hands to cover his ears. The moment the weapon leaves his grasp, the binds around Aurwyn disintegrate, and the small golden girl struggles to her feet. Her sadistic confidence from before seems to be gone, replaced with chilly fear.
"M-make it STOP! Lucky, s-s-stop IT! PLEASE!"
As if in response, the spear on the ground loses its electrical charge, and begins to release freezing air instead. Aurwyn immediately calms down, and Lucky orders her to float the spear over towards Osborn and Ellie. She does this easily, and when the weapon is only a few feet from Osborn, Lucky snatches it out of the air, his clothing turning vibrant shades of blue and sea-green, as if they were made from the sea itself. He embraces the surge of madness from the weapon and thrusts forwards, causing freezing air to spray from the tip like an inverted flamethrower. While both Osborn and Ellie dodge the blast, the sheer cold from the attack begins to gnaw at Ellie's muscles, slowing her down, while Osborn remains nice and toasty in his flaming armor until he feels the mighty tug of gravity yank him to the ground, and notices Aurwyn grinning off in the distance.

Interesting ...

Grab a nearby rock and place it upon the anvil, at the end where the hammers are. Observe what happens. If nothing happens, politely ask the eye if it would kindly make the stone into a weapon for me.
(Grungson end: 5+6)

As you place the stone upon the anvil, the tentacles suddenly lash out and grab onto your arm, dragging it onto the anvil and pounding it repeatedly with the hammers. It doesn't hurt very badly at all, mostly due to your superhuman endurance, and when the process is complete, your right arm from the elbow down has been transformed into a four-foot long spiked bone drill, which glows with a demonic orange light as it turns slowly.

Get into a defense stance

"Come out, I know you're here."
Try to pull friend out of creepy hole.
(B0B dex: 4+3)
(Nekik dex: 4+4)
(Usir dex: 5-4)
(Ushil dex: 3)

(Nekik dex: 4+4)
(B0B dex: 2+3)
(Nekik str: 4+2)
(B0B end: 1+3)

(Ushil dex: 4)
(Ushil aff: 1+4)
(Annie dex: 1+6)
(Annie end: 4+6+2) Since you gave up attacking to take a defensive stance, I'll give you +2 end for this turn

(Usir str: 4+4)
(Annie luk: 3-3)
(Annie end: 4+6+2)

At Annie's challenge, a dark-skinned man dressed in an elaborate blue suit steps out of the darkness. He carries twin swords made of ice, and a pair of large blue demon-wings sprouts from his back.
"Very well then, warmblood. We shall come out. Although you may soon wish that we hadn't."
With that, he gives a polite bow before rushing at B0B with unbelievable speed, spinning his blades in elegant arcs as he charges. In the blink of an eye, B0B's left hand flies off in a spray of blood, which the swordsman freezes in midair to form an icy rose. Seeing as how he can't drag Annie out of the chamber with one hand, B0B flees up the stairs while the man picks up the flower of frozen blood and places it in his breast pocket. Suddenly, another voice, this one definitely feminine, calls out from the darkness.
"No fair! Nekik, you always chase them away before I can show up!"
A pale woman carrying a black parasol and wearing an almost impractically fancy white gown comes forwards. She has the same blue wings as the man who severed B0B's hand, and her face lights up when she sees Annie.
"Oh my, you must be a brave one to still be here after my big brother has gone to work. But I'm scarier than he is..."
The woman points her parasol at Annie, causing an undulating wave of blue light to pulse from the tip. Annie easily dodges this however, and even the cold air that it leaves behind isn't enough to bother her. The woman gasps a bit and retreats into the darkness, only to be shoved forwards by someone unseen.
"Ushil, what the hell are you doing!? No daughter of mine is gonna back away from a fight, especially one that she herself started! If you don't want to be mocked by your brother, then you've gotta show what you can do!"
With this, an absolute giant of a man emerges from the darkness. He's wearing a set of platemail which seems to be made of solid granite, and he strokes his long grey beard thoughtfully as he examines Annie. He also has wings, but his body and armor seem far too heavy for him to be able to use them.
"Oh, you're a succubus, aren't you? I knew that even Ushil, as cowardly as she is, would never back down from a mere human. And I see that even Mr. Fancypants Nekik over there has forgotten to introduce himself... Kids these days. Anyways, I'm Usir, and I'm willing to bet all the snow in Nisgaki that I'll kill you before these two do."
Usir slams both of his fists against the ground, causing great chunks of the chamber ceiling to come down. A hunk of ice the size of a bowling ball slams into Annie's shoulder, but her demonic body handles the blow quite well, and she merely shrugs it off.

its exploring time, kung fu if attacked

You head into the northern hills, ready to do your best impression of a martial artist if someone shows up. Fortunately, nobody does. Unfortunately, there's a very large rainstorm heading directly towards you.

Explore. Avoid walking directly underneath the sword.

You walk up to the altar and examine it, being careful not to step underneath the sword. There's a knife lying on it, and despite being unbelievably rusty, it looks sharp enough to cut through granite, or your hand if you feel the urge to make a blood sacrifice.

Continue to play around with gun, walk back to surface, attempt to find Evil Lucky. Fire at Aurwyn's binds, to fully test the weapon. Do not fire directly at Aurwyn or Lucky unless provoked.

---

We should do a "everyone suggests one loot item" thing, and have it named after us or some kind of reference We shouldn't automatically get said item, of course, but if you'd allow something like that we could do something small... If I had to think of an area, it would be multiple cliffsides with waterfalls, the ground being completely mist-ed at all times.

As for a loot item, I'm of course going with a giant mecha. Neutral luck, requires Dex to use. Looks like a big ball for a cockpit set on a base with eight legs. It's spherical cockpit is pretty much all there is, aside from the eight-legs. Weapon-wise, the legs are powerful enough to crush humans and dent metal.

Well, you're already above ground, and although you can make out Lucky and co in the distance, they're way out of range. Examining your gun more closely, you find that it has a toggle switch alongside the barrel. You flip it to the on position, and a foot-long bayonet made of hard light emerges from the barrel. You won't be able to fire it like this, but it could work well as a melee weapon or utility knife.

"Hmmmm... Time to pass the ti- Err, protect myself!"
While keeping my sleeve between the paper and my skin, make a paper airplane!
And if I'm about to die without finding out what the paper does, make like a spy and SWALLOW IT WHOLE.

Keeping your sleeve between your hand and the paper, you fold it into a simple plane. Now, to find someone to throw it at...

((Maybe the hundred-page bonus could be to share the original loot generator?))

"Ow ow. Ow! Why did she leave me to hold the sword in my own?"

Leave sword behind. Reach for my knife.

"Oh dice game. I gave that to the girl, didn't I?"/

Grab an improvised weapon. Hurry after...um...scapheap's character!

You snap off a shortsword-sized icicle from the spike on the floor, and head down into the darkness. B0B runs by you along the way, clutching a bloody stump where his hand used to be. You soon reach the end of the tunnel to find Annie surrounded by three winged figures. One of these, and absolute giant, notices you and looks up.
"Well, would you look at that. Another warmblood's decided to come down here! He looks human though... Ushil, even you should be able to deal with this one!"

Bobby get your sword out we may be going into battle. and don't reduce the number of seals on your head if you can help it.
I draw the Draco-Knight Cherub card.

You draw the new card, and a young boy wearing gator-skin clothes and carrying dual SMGs appears in front of you. Like Bobby, he lacks a mouth, having five red seals in its place. He salutes Bobby, who now has five seals remaining around his mouth. None of the combat seems to have reached you yet; perhaps the lions and bears drawing your chariot may be frightening them away.

Gyahahahaha, you have evaded the Great Yukkuri's attack, CRAAAAIIIIIIIG, we need to find a map. I think I will peel off my scabs and eat them for a snack until I can find something better.
Find map. Eat some tasty scabs. Get Craig to follow me somehow.
(Yukkuri end: 1+3)

You consider eating your scabs, but pass out from the blood loss before you can do so. The last thing you recognize before you lose consciousness is Craig swearing like a sailor and pulling you out of your suit to try and bandage you.

((Let me think. 12 (was it 13) main-series games with about six characters each, repeats are more than covered by side characters that didn't even fight you, we'll say there's at least 6 of them, that equals, roughly... 114?))

There's over 150... and I can name them all, although it's more because of photographic memory than addiction... Although I'm not saying that I'm not at least slightly addicted...

((Maybe the hundred-page bonus could be to share the original loot generator?))

Good idea. I'll get it off of my grandma's computer next time I see her, which should be sometime within the month.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: April 15, 2013, 12:05:29 am »

Craig? Why are you shimmering? ... Oh yeah I drank way to much alcohol in the mech suit and lost my composure. Or I'm almost dead. Or both.
Pretend to be dead to make Craig go into a spastic fit of paranoia and literally shit everywhere.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: April 15, 2013, 12:09:35 am »

I LIKE this thing!
Say, why don't I just go whole-hog?

Lay down on anvil. Let the thing work on my whole body.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 15, 2013, 12:35:08 am »

((I'm a little confused; did Osborn kill me, or did I somehow survive being completely incinerated?))
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 15, 2013, 02:23:47 am »

"Now that we're all in the open, I'll show you the strength of the gate clan. Face me, dancer"

duel Nekik
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: April 15, 2013, 05:39:21 am »

Explore. If I see a structure, do not approach.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: April 15, 2013, 06:56:21 am »

Look for other rooms, if none, take the knife.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 15, 2013, 07:14:07 am »

run into the rainstorm, sing "im singing in the rain", punch stuff.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: April 15, 2013, 07:16:10 am »

"Uhm, well... I'd best get going then. Unless if you want to come of course!"
She adds the last part on in a hurry, thinking she might of been a tad rude.

Then, after the other person answers, she flies up and sees what she can see.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: April 15, 2013, 10:26:04 am »

"Uhm, well... I'd best get going then. Unless if you want to come of course!"
She adds the last part on in a hurry, thinking she might of been a tad rude.

Then, after the other person answers, she flies up and sees what she can see.

"That'd be great! I've seen a large amount of steam up in the mountains, and felt like checking it out. It'd be a long trek without an alternate form of transportation. I can man that ice-turret thingie so you can focus on flying."
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 15, 2013, 02:23:33 pm »

((I'm a little confused; did Osborn kill me, or did I somehow survive being completely incinerated?))

If I did kill him, why didn't I get another spell?
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: April 15, 2013, 02:30:43 pm »

If I did kill him, why didn't I get another spell?
That's what I'm wondering. He didn't explicitly say I was dead, or that, you got any loot.

So I guess this means I'm immortal.  :D
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: April 15, 2013, 04:05:16 pm »

"KAHAHAHA! THIS IS GREAT! I feel so powerful, so mad, so free! Spear, my friend, show show me what you can do! KHAHAHA!!!" Evil Lucky gives in to the spear's influence, enjoying the madness it's imposing upon him. In fact, he may have even forgotten what is going on.

Keep going mad with the spear's influence. Try to direct my attack at Osborn and try to make it electricity. On top of that, make to make my attack be an AOE attack so that I don't even have to aim. Electricity plus metal armor will be great combo against Osborn. Plus the heat his armor produces won't effect the electricity (I think it does but I'm not sure how... I get the feeling I read something about it somewhere.) If I can't influence what the spear does, then just go along with whatever it wants... as long as it doesn't intend to have me attack Aurwyn. It shouldn't though since she is far away.

Have Aurwyn switch her gravity from making things heavy to making things light... so light that Osborn is falling up so high in the air that when he falls down, not even his Armor will save him. Unless the meteor from Osborn's spell is an imminent threat. Instead, have her gravity powers redirect it to some other location that won't effect us.

Edit: Make the negtive gravity effect the dragon not Osborn so that the dragon will be useless.... hopefully.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 04:42:39 pm by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: April 15, 2013, 04:49:04 pm »

I LIKE this thing!
Say, why don't I just go whole-hog?

Lay down on anvil. Let the thing work on my whole body.
This can only end badly.

-----

Oh my. Annie's going to get killed! But there's not much I can do...unless...

"What are you things? You're certainly not human. And what do you mean, 'this one'? Please explain."

Try to provoke the winged things to exposit. If successful, creep towards them. If the guy with the swords reacts violently before I'm within range, or if anyone else does so, run; if not, creep towards him until I can dash towards him within a second or two, then charge, make like Buffy and stake the thing with the icicle. If this kills him, grab the loot and run; if this doesn't, run faster.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 159