Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 263425 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! Well Damn...
« Reply #1620 on: April 27, 2013, 04:01:29 pm »

I should say, I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't put it in Google's dictionary. Especially since it didn't exactly enter common useage.
What with Ancalagon only being mentioned in one passage of a book that's more impenetrable and obscure than Leviticus, I'm not surprised.
I think more people would know what the Silmarillion was over what Leviticus was.
You are optimistic, sir.
That would be a cool survey, asking people whether they knew what Leviticus was and what the Silmarillion was.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! Spawn/Respawn/Arrive!
« Reply #1621 on: April 27, 2013, 06:18:19 pm »

"Hm. I'll be back in a bit. I'm going to go check out the village."
Alena leaps out of the plane, using her robe as a parachute. When she gets to the ground, she tries to find someone to ask about the dragon.

You land gracefully without injuring yourself, but it's more because Village Genius thought ahead and flew low to the ground than your 'parachute'. You enter the nearest building, and walk in on a group of tall, thin men loading all sorts of firearms and strapping them to their bodies. One of them notices you and nearly spits out the cigarette in his mouth as he curses and unslings a massive shotgun from his back, which he levels at your face, before shouting in some unrecognizable language. Within seconds, everyone in the room has a weapon trained on you, with various looks of fear and hatred upon their faces.

(wwolin, English homework?)

Take the claymore. See what my newfound powers are by trying to fly.
(Cello aff: 3-3)
(Cello dex: 1+3)
(Cello end: 6-3)

Tucking the knife into your belt, you pick up the claymore and attempt to fly with it. A savage bullet of razor-sharp wind immediately launches itself from the blade and curves around towards you, slicing into your abdomen, turning your lower body into a nasty looking pulp of organs and bone splinters. As you curl up in pain, a man carrying a rifle and humming the tune of 'singing in the rain' enters the temple, the birds scattering as he does so.

"Charlie?! Damn! Okay focus."

Rend Nekik.
Fire at Ushil to impede his progress with the circle!

Four... Three shots? Can't tell... Still, this is quite a mismatch, I need a strategy...
(Annie dex: 5+6-3)
(ALGEM dex: 5+1)
(Nekik dex: 3+4)
(Ushil dex: 3)
(Usir dex: 3-4)

(Annie dex: 4+6+3)
(Nekik dex: 5+4)

(Nekik dex: 1+4)
(Annie dex: 1+6-3)
(Nekik str: 5+4)
(Annie end: 4+6)
(Nekik str: 1+4)
(Annie end: 5+6)

(Algem dex: 5+1)
(Ushil dex: 6)

(Ushil dex: 1)
(Ushil aff: 6+4)
(Usir dex: 2-4)
(Usir end: 3+4)

Pushing herself off with her good foot, Annie lunges ferociously at Nekik, but he ducks under the attack with an exaggerated bow before lashing out with both of his swords, striking Annie twice but failing to break her supernaturally tough skin. ALGEM meanwhile tries to fire at Ushil, but misses by just a few inches as the fairy completes her bloody design.
"Now, all that we need is some bait, and we'll be good to go!"
With that, she twirls her parasol daintily, sending a barrage of razor-sharp red magic discs into Usir's skull.
"FATHER! Ushil, you traitorous bitch, what have you done?"
As Nekik sprints towards his father's corpse, a scything claw reaches from the circle and digs into the ground. This claw is followed by another, and with a mighty tug, the limbs drag a massive eyeless shark-like head forwards, followed by a body that would not look out of place on a gigantic grub. The abomination sniffs at the air for a moment, before skewering Usir's body and dragging it into the gaping maw like a kebab.
"Ahahahahaha! Just try calling me useless now! Now, Petipor, no need to wait for orders! Eat as much as you'd like!"
The shark-beast slavers hungrily in response, letting its unbelievably long tongue roll to the ground as it contemplates who would make the best meal.

All right! Now THIS is awesome!
Search for someone.

Although nobody seems to be in the immediate area, you have a feeling that if you just stick around, someone will end up spawning in.

"KAHAHAHA! I'm fucked Kahahaha!" Evil Lucky says in his madness. Lucky let's go of the Spear.... he maybe mad but he knows when he needs to run and holding the spear won't let him run.

"Aurwyn! This is where we run!" Lucky says as he runs to where Aurwyn is hiding.

Let go of the spear and run as fast as I can toward Aurwyn and pick her up and just keep running.... in particular to a forest or someplace where it'd be hard for the dragon to spot me. Have Aurwyn crash the meteor into the dragon.... even better more try to increase the gravity on it so it'll do more damage. ((If that meteor was able to blow up a whole mountain, then it sure as hell is the only chance I have in damaging it.))
Also, not that I'm complaining, but shouldn't the bad loot actually have some consequences? As it is it's rather OP for Osborn getting awesome loot with no negative consequences and his bonuses to other stats.
Oh, it has some consequences alright. He was statted to deal with the book, but if you couldn't tell from the last round, the bookwyrm attacks whoever has the lowest badassery. Now, it doesn't matter if you roll a 6+6+10 for badassery. If you're the only one around, that's still the lowest.

((thanks for the info!))
fly up and find my  throne room in the castle. Command wyrm to kill the lucky guy. THE BOOK-WYRM BRAKES FOR NOBODY!
(Lucky dex: 2-1)
(Aurwyn dex: 2-6)
(Osborn dex: 3)
(Bookwyrm dex: 4-4) It's too big to be quick, but it's also too big to dodge easily

(Osborn dex: 6)
(Ballista 1 dex: 4+2)
(Ballista 2 dex: 2+2)
(Ballista 3 dex: 6+2)
(Osborn end: 2+6)

(Aurwyn aff: 4+2)
(Meteor force: 10)
(Bookwyrm end: 14)

As Lucky looks on in awe and horror at the bookwyrm, Osborn seizes the opportunity to fly up towards the fortress on its back. As he approaches the black structure, he spots a pair of enormous black arrows hurtling towards him and rolls out of the way just in time to slam into a third arrow, which shears off one of his flaming wings. Cursing, he uses his remaining wing to glide down to where the shots were fired from, landing on the top of a tower connected to the main castle by a grand bridge. As his feet touch down on the black cobbles that the fortress is composed of, a trio of insect-like soldiers leap from the ballistae that they had been manning and draw their shortswords, advancing nervously towards Osborn.

The bookwyrm itself seems to be rather calm, perhaps because it is simply too large to notice the puny figures surrounding it. However, as Lucky and Aurwyn flee, the meteor is set in motion again, crashing into the great book atop the beast's neck with enough force to slam it shut and send the monster reeling. Scores of twisted black creatures are shaken off of its back, although the great castle seems to be unshaken, perhaps through some sort of dark magic. As the bookwyrm shakes itself off, a set of eyes form on the cover of its book and lock onto Aurwyn as the monster begins to move towards her and Lucky.

"What was that noise? I need to be better equipped to deal with such rabble!"
Cautiously move through the forest. If anything attacks me, throw my paper airplane at it.
((Oh dear, Osborne needs to be stopped.))

You travel slowly through the forest, eventually reaching the source of the smoke, which is not a village, but instead a massive steam-powered airship which has been anchored to several trees. A team of loggers are at work nearby, furiously gathering wood and placing it in what must be the engine room. As you marvel at the sight, a grey-bearded man who seems to be overseeing the process calls out to you.
"Hey, what do you think you're doing taking a break like that!? Either get to work gathering wood or get on board and help the engineers with that harpoon-gun that's been malfunctioning! I told you all at the beginning of this voyage that there would be no time for breaks! Now hurry the hell up!"

Pick up pole-speaker, then tell Bobby and Sir Iron-Blood to investigate the dragon and attack it if it gives them trouble.
(don't want to be anywhere near them when their marks are all gone)
(Squitange bad: 4+4)

You pick up the speaker as your minions take the chariot into the mountains, and it immediately releases a massive blast of earth-shaking bass sound. While the sound would probably qualify as literally face-melting for most people, you just grin and turn it up to 11. That's right... it goes to 11.

take the hunters rifle and all of his spare ammo, run for the hills.

You do just that, winding up in ancient temple where a young man carrying a rune-covered claymore is bleeding to death, his entire lower body turned into a bloody pulp.

"OK, I'll land down here!"
Land in a clearing in the village. Briefly wonder why Alena jumped out of the plane, then push the thought out of mind. Talk to the villagers to gain QUESTS while waiting for Alena.

You land and holler at a group of villagers fleeing from the hot springs, waving in a friendly manner. Even though they don't seem to speak English, you can tell that they're far more focused on the dragon than they are on you, and they hardly notice you as they disappear into a small building.

DARIUS, CRAIG, KORDOS, RAYNEN, AND VAREN ALL SPAWN/RESPAWN/ARRIVE IN THE SPAWN AREA!
(Darius luk: -1-6)

Darius' waiver becomes a vial of foul-looking liquid. It seems to be eating away at the inside of the vial rather quickly... perhaps it might be a good idea to dispose of it soon.

(Kordos luk: 5+3)

Even if he doesn't recognize the location, Kordos knows what the waiver in his hand is about to do, and sets it down carefully as it begins to transform. It changes into a rather magnificent looking triple-barrel shotgun, the stock of which is wrapped in expensive-looking red and black striped fur.

(Craig luk: 6+3)

As Craig arrives out of breath at spawn, he notices a suspicious bulge in the front of his pants, which grows larger with every passing second. Reaching into his trousers, he fishes out a Glock 17 pistol... First that crazy woman in the robot, now this? Shit's about to get weird.

(Raynen luk: 4+3)

Raynen's waiver becomes a plain-looking plastic bow, covered in all sorts of cutesy childish designs. A quiver of arrows also appears next to it, ending in plunger-like tips instead of points. Hopefully it's more useful than it looks.

(Varen luk: 6+2)

Varen's waiver becomes a wicked looking dagger covered in intricate web-like patterns. A short red ribbon dangles from the hilt, and as Varen picks the weapon up, it begins to vibrate softly.

ALSO, BOLD YOUR ACTIONS IF YOU DON'T ALREADY! IT MAKES THINGS SO MUCH EASIER FOR ME. M.A.G.U.S. WILL BE UP AFTER I HAVE SOME DINNER.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: April 27, 2013, 06:33:33 pm »

YUKKURICHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Craig stands in a super badass pose that would make even the greatest hitmen shrivel in fear, all due to the loss of his soon-to-be-wife-for-20-dollars Yukkuri.
I will destroy you Sir Iron Bluud, even if I must become HELP THE STRONGEST LOLI ON THE PLANET!
Become the lolis. Find Osborn. Defeat his (Osborn's) attackers with super gangsta pistol abilities.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 08:48:43 pm by stefmor90 »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: April 27, 2013, 07:20:24 pm »

Kordos picks up the shotgun. Oh, yeah, that's more like it. This will do nicely.

He looks at the people spawned around him.

"Listen up, folks! I'm here to take down a low-down snake slithering around these parts that goes by the name of Osborn. If any of you folks feel like following with me to find something to help take him down, it would be much appreciated. Otherwise, please stay out of my way. I don't want to hurt anybody, but if you feel a need to attack me or anyone in my nearby vicinity, I will blow your brains out."

Kordos will try to gather up a posse to find artifacts to help take down Osborn. If anyone nearby attacks him or an innocent person, he will empty a barrel or two (or maybe even three) on them. If he manages to gather up a posse, or even if he doesn't, but he doesn't have to open some barrels on someone, he will take of in some random direction in search of a dungeon.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: April 27, 2013, 07:21:06 pm »

TURN AROUND AND CHARGE THE CREEPS. USE HEART THING IF I CAN.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: April 27, 2013, 07:57:37 pm »

"help me... Please." Try to heal myself

Damn low affinity hurt.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: April 27, 2013, 08:51:47 pm »

"I AM YOUR MASTER, BOW BEFORE ME! Why am I your master? BECAUSE I CAN KILL YOU, BUT YOU CAN'T KILL ME AND LIVE! I HAVE DEFEATED MAGES, WARRIORS, SHARPSHOOTERS, CRUSADERS, DARK LORDS, AND IF DEATH WERE A GIRL, I'VE KILLED HER... TWICE! EVEN IF, SOMEHOW, YOU PUNY LITTLE INSECTS COULD KILL ME, YOUR VERY EXISTENSE IS TIED TO MY LIFE, SO THAT THE MOMENT MY RAMPAGE ENDS, SO DOES YOURS! You will work for ME, because its the only way your staying alive!

See if they buy it. If they don't, resort to fists and hope my armor is as resistant to their attacks as normal.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: April 27, 2013, 08:53:33 pm »

"Fuck you, sharky-boy, I'll give you iron poisoning."
Fire, again, at Ushil, unless the shark is stupid enough to munch metal. Attempt to completely empty my gun of bullets. Reload afterwards.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: April 27, 2013, 09:43:56 pm »

(So did I spawn somewhere?)
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: April 27, 2013, 10:48:03 pm »

(Did you read the last part of Wwolin's post? The five of us just spawned in the spawn area.)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: April 27, 2013, 11:01:34 pm »

Locate someone who looks like an easy, lonely target (maybe Nicholas's character). Throw the vial at them.

here, have a gift.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 12:30:46 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: April 27, 2013, 11:11:35 pm »

Wait for Darius to dispose of his vial, then shoot him with an arrow.

((It's anyone's guess what this will do.))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: April 27, 2013, 11:32:46 pm »

Try to reason with them.

Through INTERPRETIVE DANCE!

((WE'RE ON AN ADVENTUUUUURE!))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: April 28, 2013, 01:49:18 am »

(Did you read the last part of Wwolin's post? The five of us just spawned in the spawn area.)
(Didnt see that, thanks)
Leave the spawn area and look around, stab anything that threatens me
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: April 28, 2013, 01:56:01 am »

No! It's mine, you bastards, mine! Don't touch it!

Defend my anvil from all who threaten it! Or look at it funny! Or are near it!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 159