Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 255866 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! Spawn/Respawn/Arrive!
« Reply #1650 on: April 29, 2013, 11:56:33 pm »

Is turn coming tonight?
Yes I'm being impatient, but I saw that MAGUS updated and I couldn't stop wondering.
I'm trying to alternate between this and MAGUS; doing one each night. That leaves me enough time to keep up with the meager amount of work that I have during this pre-exam period. So expect an update here tomorrow.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: April 30, 2013, 12:00:59 am »

Is turn coming tonight?
Yes I'm being impatient, but I saw that MAGUS updated and I couldn't stop wondering.
I'm trying to alternate between this and MAGUS; doing one each night. That leaves me enough time to keep up with the meager amount of work that I have during this pre-exam period. So expect an update here tomorrow.
Ah, that makes sense. Don't let me keep you from whatever you're doing, then!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: April 30, 2013, 09:01:43 pm »

Just saying, it's tomorrow here...late tomorrow. And about 21 hours since that comment.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: April 30, 2013, 09:03:51 pm »

Just saying, it's tomorrow here...late tomorrow. And about 21 hours since that comment.
It's 22 for me.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: May 01, 2013, 12:16:19 am »

Considering it's the day after tomorrow here, I'm going to guess that something came up and he couldn't get to the update. Relax, it'll be up soon enough. (And if not, then I'll help you guys yell at him.) ;)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! Quickdraw
« Reply #1655 on: May 01, 2013, 12:49:35 am »

Sorry, I was at a movie-marathon with some friends (Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, and Army of Darkness). I also consumed enough coffee (six cups of black coffee) that I'm still shaking now. Turn will have to be tomorrow, because typing is somewhat difficult when your hands are moving of their own accord.

Moral of the story: When someone dares you to finish off the coffee pot, check how much is in it first.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: May 01, 2013, 04:59:27 pm »

Heh. Yet another reason not to drink the stuff.

But hey, fine by me. I'm fine when GMs delay updates for good RL reasons. (Speaking of which, I have a paper to write...)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! Teach Me How To Dougie!
« Reply #1657 on: May 01, 2013, 11:58:35 pm »

YUKKURICHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Craig stands in a super badass pose that would make even the greatest hitmen shrivel in fear, all due to the loss of his soon-to-be-wife-for-20-dollars Yukkuri.
I will destroy you Sir Iron Bluud, even if I must become HELP THE STRONGEST LOLI ON THE PLANET!
Become the lolis. Find Osborn. Defeat his (Osborn's) attackers with super gangsta pistol abilities.

Well, you have a hunch that Osborn's on top of that gigantic dragon. However, you're completely clueless as to how to get up there.

Kordos picks up the shotgun. Oh, yeah, that's more like it. This will do nicely.

He looks at the people spawned around him.

"Listen up, folks! I'm here to take down a low-down snake slithering around these parts that goes by the name of Osborn. If any of you folks feel like following with me to find something to help take him down, it would be much appreciated. Otherwise, please stay out of my way. I don't want to hurt anybody, but if you feel a need to attack me or anyone in my nearby vicinity, I will blow your brains out."

Kordos will try to gather up a posse to find artifacts to help take down Osborn. If anyone nearby attacks him or an innocent person, he will empty a barrel or two (or maybe even three) on them. If he manages to gather up a posse, or even if he doesn't, but he doesn't have to open some barrels on someone, he will take of in some random direction in search of a dungeon.
Locate someone who looks like an easy, lonely target (maybe Nicholas's character). Throw the vial at them.

here, have a gift.
Wait for Darius to dispose of his vial, then shoot him with an arrow.

((It's anyone's guess what this will do.))
(Kordos dex: 6+5)
(Darius dex: 3+3)
(Raynen dex: 5+3)

(Kordos dex: 6+5)
(Darius dex: 3+3)
(Darius end: 4+2)

Darius makes as if to toss his vial at Raynen, but in less than the blink of an eye Kordos blows the villain's face clean off with a triple-barrel blast from the shotgun.

DARIUS IS DEAD!
(Kordos luk: 5+3)

As Darius' lifeless body crumples to the ground, a long spear drops from the sky onto the corpse, sticking into it like a flagpole. The weapon almost seems to be alive with a primal energy, and even now Darius' corpse changes into a viscous black gel, with small green emerald-like gems embedded in it.

TURN AROUND AND CHARGE THE CREEPS. USE HEART THING IF I CAN.
"Fuck you, sharky-boy, I'll give you iron poisoning."
Fire, again, at Ushil, unless the shark is stupid enough to munch metal. Attempt to completely empty my gun of bullets. Reload afterwards.
"What the? ALGEM, keep shooting the witch."

Attack the beast
(Heartswimmer dex: 1+3)
(ALGEM dex: 5+1)
(Annie dex: 4+6-3)
(Nekik dex: 5+4)
(Ushil dex: 1)
(Petipor dex: 1)

(Nekik dex: 2+4)
(Annie dex: 2+6-3)
(Ushil dex: 1)
(Nekik str: 6+4)
(Annie end: 6+6)
(Nekik str: 6+4)
(Ushil aff: 4+4)

(Annie dex: 3+6-3)
(Petipor dex: 2)
(Annie str: 5+3)
(Petipor end: 3+6)

(ALGEM dex: 4+1)
(Petipor dex: 5)
(ALGEM dex: 3+1)
(Petipor dex: 5)
(Algem dex: 2+1)
(Petipor dex: 6)

(B0B aff: 4+6)
(Heartfish dex: 3+3)
(Petipor dex: 4)
(Heartfish str: 6+2)
(Petipor end: 5+6)

(Petipor dex: 1+4)
(Annie dex: 3+3-3)

With the grace of an expert swordsman, Nekik leaps through the air with his blades like outstretched wings, slashing Annie and Ushil with full force. While Annie's armor protects her from the attack, Nekik's second blade tears right through his sister's ice wall, forming a crimson bloom of ice as the blade cuts her clean in two.
"I'm sure that Father will have a word or two for her in the afterlife, witch. As for you, succubus, perhaps you would like to forfeit this duel? While I would most enjoy a fair fight to the death, Petipor will surely devour us both if we do not focus all of our attention on it."
Annie contemplates these words before lunging at Petipor with her knife, but the blade merely bounces off of the monster's huge head as if it were solid stone. ALGEM also fires off a volley of several shots at the beast, but every single one goes wide, leaving her gun glowing like a lightning bug as it slowly recharges. B0B and his heart-monster head back into the room, and raising his pipe to his mouth with his good hand, the indescribable entity sends his piranha-like minion to attack Petipor. Unfortunately, the flurry of teeth is little more than a massage for the great shark, and the beast actually purrs slightly before sending its tongue at Annie, who barely manages to roll out of the way.

"help me... Please." Try to heal myself

Damn low affinity hurt.
"help me... Please." Try to heal myself

Damn low affinity hurt.
i was tempted to steal your weapon and walk away... then i realised i had negative 6 affinity and im not keen on instantly vaporising myself again.

attempt to patch this guy up, if we both fail shoot him in the head and walk away with my new loots.
((im gonna try to help you first but i doubt you can recover from acute pulped-lowerbody-itis so if/when we fail ill shoot so that you can instantly respawn without long bleeding out processes.))

Seeing as how there's really nothing short of magic that can repair a wound like that, Rozar mercy-kills Cello Guy with a single bullet through the brain.

CELLO GUY IS DEAD!
(Rozar luk: 2)

A stiff breeze blows through the temple, carrying with it a perfectly ordinary baseball cap. On the bill is written "I mercy-killed someone, and all I got was this stupid hat".

Try to reason with them.

Through INTERPRETIVE DANCE!

((WE'RE ON AN ADVENTUUUUURE!))
(Gunner whim: Critical Neutral) Critical neutral is a thing, and a beautiful one at that...

Your interpretive dancing doesn't seem to get much of a point across, but at least they're laughing too hard to aim weapons at you. Some of the younger ones even try to imitate you, and a few of them even seem to be good at it.

(So did I spawn somewhere?)
(Did you read the last part of Wwolin's post? The five of us just spawned in the spawn area.)
(Didnt see that, thanks)
Leave the spawn area and look around, stab anything that threatens me
No! It's mine, you bastards, mine! Don't touch it!

Defend my anvil from all who threaten it! Or look at it funny! Or are near it!
(Varen dex: 3+1)
(Grungson dex: 4+6-4)

(Grungson dex: 3+6-4)
(Varen dex: 1+1)
(Grungson str: 2-6+4)
(Varen end: 6-4)

(Varen dex: 6+1)
(Grungson dex: 3+6-4)
(Varen str: 4+1)
(Grungson end: 3+6+4)
(Varen aff: 2+4)
(Grungson str: 3-6+4)

Varen tries to exit the spawn area, but is interrupted by the massive construct of eldritch light and bone that is Grungson, who lunges at him with a mighty drill-fist. While the attack hits Varen square in the chest, it merely glances away without so much as tearing the mage's robes. Varen strikes back with his dagger, and while the blade completely and utterly fails to damage Grungson, the red ribbon on the hilt grows into a strong spiderweb of red magic which ensnares the war-machine like a trapped fly.

... They're probably scared of the dragon. Hmm, I wonder what Alena's doing?
Go and search for Alena, following the way she last went.

You hear Alena laughing somewhere close by, and you follow the sound to a nearby building where she seems to be teaching a group of well-armed villagers how to dougie.

"I AM YOUR MASTER, BOW BEFORE ME! Why am I your master? BECAUSE I CAN KILL YOU, BUT YOU CAN'T KILL ME AND LIVE! I HAVE DEFEATED MAGES, WARRIORS, SHARPSHOOTERS, CRUSADERS, DARK LORDS, AND IF DEATH WERE A GIRL, I'VE KILLED HER... TWICE! EVEN IF, SOMEHOW, YOU PUNY LITTLE INSECTS COULD KILL ME, YOUR VERY EXISTENSE IS TIED TO MY LIFE, SO THAT THE MOMENT MY RAMPAGE ENDS, SO DOES YOURS! You will work for ME, because its the only way your staying alive!

See if they buy it. If they don't, resort to fists and hope my armor is as resistant to their attacks as normal.

As you begin to list your kills, the insect-men begin to back up slowly, before turning around and hurling themselves off of the tower while chittering frantically. You think that perhaps you overdid it a little, before turning around and noticing a gargantuan bugman standing behind you. Standing maybe twenty feet tall, it looks down at you and speaks slowly in some foreign tongue, each precisely enunciated syllable dripping with an almost tangible amount of malice.
"Yui ora kuur su corr ik emkacsk vimae. I roqa cuka su srek vurrd kaadems o buud, bis I krorr crikr aeui vrara aeui ksomd ek aeui du mus dmaar bakura ka.
With this, a great lance composed entirely of living locusts forms in its hand, and it points this at your face, waiting for you to react.

((Why did I roll for badassery?))
"Hmmmmm.... Okay."
Acting like I belong, go try to examine/help fix the harpoon gun.
((I really hope this airship has some badass weaponry on it!))
(Squitange aff: 4+3)

Climbing aboard the airship by means of a rope ladder, you find yourself on a large rectangular wooden platform about the size of a football field, which seems to be the top deck. Sacks of gunpowder are strewn haphazardly about, and all sorts of weapons are mounted on to the port and starboard sides, ranging from canons to ballistae to something that looks like some unholy cross between a laser and a tesla coil. You notice a group of men who must be engineers gathered around a harpoon gun on the port side, and as you approach you notice that the weapon has a hand-shaped indent into which the men are hastily pouring gunpowder into. You shove them aside and place your hand into this slot, causing the harpoon loaded into the gun to spin rapidly as several gears click into place and begin to turn furiously. The engineers simply shrug and walk off, but the man from before who called you onto the ship gives you a hearty pat on the back before calling out to everyone.
"ALRIGHT, THE GUN'S WORKING AGAIN, AND WE HAVE ENOUGH FUEL TO MAKE IT THE REST OF THE WAY TO PALOVIA. EVERYONE, BE PRODUCTIVE; THESE WEAPONS AREN'T GONNA SHIP THEMSELVES!"
Several of the men rush down a set of stairs leading to the belly of the ship, while others run up to man the guns. You feel the ship quake slightly as a set of gigantic twin balloons inflate below the ship, and soon the vessel is aloft, sailing above the stormy-grey clouds like a true ship sails above the waves.

Lucky turns his head as he's running to look at the massive book dragon. "Ah.... Aurwyn.... I think all we did was piss it off!" He says and then runs even faster away from the dragon. "Hey you wouldn't happen to have any ideas on how to get out of this situation would you? 'Cause I'm running out of ideas." Evil Lucky asks the golden girl he's carrying.

Keep on running faster while looking for a cave or alcove or any kind of cover from the dragon. Ask Aurwyn if she has any good ideas. Follow whatever idea she has and if she can't come up with anything, give her my watch and tell her to use it on the dragon. Hopefully she has better luck with it then I ever did.
(Lucky dex: 5-1)
(Bookwyrm dex: 1-4)

(Lucky luk: 6+5)

(Bookwyrm str: 15)

As the bookwyrm begins to charge, you spot a large cave in the side of a steep cliff and rush inside, shifting Aurwyn on your shoulder so that she's piggybacking instead of being carried like a sack of flour. Suddenly, the entire mountain seems to quake as the bookwyrm throws its full bulk against it, collapsing the mouth of the cave completely and trapping you in pitch darkness except for the emerald searchlights provided by Aurwyn's glowing eyes. Well, looks like you're not going to be going back that way...

Are you kidding me? Did Osborn just become Sephiroth? xD
Look for a microphone or something to hook up to the the Doom-Base so I may use it to project my voice to ALL
Oh, I know just what to say, too!

Examining the gigantic speaker-on-a-pole, you notice a microphone protruding out of the pole part, which you could probably use to yell at people.

DA FUNK SPAWNS!
(Da Funk luk: 1-1)

Digging through his pockets, Da Funk realizes that in his hurry to be reborn, he must have forgotten his waiver somewhere... that could be a problem.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: May 02, 2013, 12:08:18 am »

Ooookay. Maybe...Try to rack my mind for whatever language they're using? I did read a lot of Foreign Books, and I must have come across it somewhere. Maybe I can remember enough to explain myself to them.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: May 02, 2013, 12:32:23 am »

"aha!"
Murder the incapacitated guy
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: May 02, 2013, 12:34:07 am »

The construct formerly known as Grungson orients itself toward it's victim. It opens it's horrible pincer-like jaws, and with a terible crunching sound, begins to eat it's way through the barrier that traps it.

Eat my way through the barrier with sheer badassery. Lunge at Varen and disembowel him with my drill(s) while tearing his throat out with my jaws.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: May 02, 2013, 12:48:39 am »

((Oh man it's good to be lucky! And for some reason the mercy kill hat thing was hilarious.))

Noticing he's safe from the dragon for now, Evil Lucky let's out a huge sigh of relief and says, "Man I came for torturing people and magical loot.... not to get chased around by a dragon with a book for a head." He looks up at Aurwyn and says, "Ah sorry about grabbing you the way i did. I hadn't then our torturing days together would've been way too short lived. Anyways can you see in this darkness? Because I can't even see my own hand."

Ask Aurwyn if she can see in the dark. If she can then set her down and let her lead the way. If not then just keep her in my shoulders for now and feel my way through the cave using the walls slowy.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: May 02, 2013, 02:08:25 am »

Turning towards Kordos, Raynen spoke, "Thanks, whoever you are. Still, before you move on, would you mind helping me make this area a slightly safer place?"

Fire an arrow towards the Grungson thing while it's trapped.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 03:28:00 pm by Nicholas1024 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: May 02, 2013, 02:31:00 am »

fully load my stolen rifle and continue onwards for yet more mediocre loots
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: May 02, 2013, 02:43:25 am »

"Okay then."

Murder Petipor
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 159