Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 256614 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! Teach Me How To Dougie!
« Reply #1695 on: May 04, 2013, 01:40:57 pm »

I think tvtropes don't want my account..... I can't make one because of the stupid capcha thingy... the one to keep bots out. All I want is to add the evil counterpart trope because of Lucky and Evil Lucky.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: May 04, 2013, 01:44:02 pm »

Are you a robot or something?  :P

Anyways, I've finally posted my inspired-by-LD-game, because I don't have enough games yet.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: May 04, 2013, 03:15:59 pm »

Fully Translated!!!! Finally!!!! ((well... still not sure what crikr means, exactly.)) Although I think his goal is kind of... difficult to achieve at the moment.

Kneel, and say, "vros buud du aeui kaad? Orku, vros vurrd du aeui cuka kruk?"

((That should work.))
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: May 05, 2013, 02:11:53 am »

Sorry guys, got caught up in playing Majo no Ie and Ib. Majo no Ie is perhaps the saddest game I have ever played, and I've played some really sad stuff. The hidden ending actually shocked me (although I won't spoil anything so that you guys can be shocked if you play it), and it brought a goddamned tear to my eye...

Anyways, turn up tomorrow morning, I promise. I've actually written pretty much all of it, but I tend to make careless errors while working late, so I'll have it up first thing tomorrow.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: May 05, 2013, 10:16:28 am »

Wwolin, did you ever post the original Loot Generator? If you did, I missed it or something. I was curious because I want to see it :P
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: May 05, 2013, 01:18:07 pm »

Wwolin, did you ever post the original Loot Generator? If you did, I missed it or something. I was curious because I want to see it :P
You're not the only person to ask (and be answered):
(By the way, Wwolin, didn't you say we could see the original loot-generating program a while ago?)
He also said that he'd have to get it from his grandmother's house. And I don't think he's been there since then.
Oh yeah!
Never mind.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Benjamaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: May 05, 2013, 02:14:38 pm »

Im kinda conflicted on how I feel about this next turn. a part of me is hoping Osborn is brutally crushed into a pulp. It's not that I don't think he's awesome, it's just getting old hearing his exploits IRL (I go to school with !!science!!). then again he is the reason I'm here. so I'm down for any way the dice roll. so long as my "Fus Ro Dah" does something. and hopefully no more extinction level events (for now)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! Ronery Puppetmaster!
« Reply #1702 on: May 05, 2013, 04:21:40 pm »

Ooookay. Maybe...Try to rack my mind for whatever language they're using? I did read a lot of Foreign Books, and I must have come across it somewhere. Maybe I can remember enough to explain myself to them.
"... What are you doing?! These guys have guns! Let me handle this."
Drawing up her literacy skills gained from reading hundreds of books, VG starts to travel down the perilous road of DIPLOMACY. Raising her voice so everyone can hear, she speaks as the Village Theme Song plays in the background.
"Fellows! Amigos! Drop thine weapons! United we shall stand, divided we shall fall! You see, as a kid I was told one thing. Never play with weapons! Not only can you hurt yourself, they would say, but you can hurt others too! Looking back, I realise that there's a hidden meaning to this phrase. For brandishing your weapons alone hurts all of us. We lose confidence, you lose an ally! This is how it has been from the start of time. Now lay them down and we will be able to forget this ever happened and actually move forward!"

As the two of you try to communicate with the villagers, a dark-haired man wearing a dirty yet expensive-looking suit pushes his way to the front of the crowd. The villagers look at him expectantly, but he ignores them as he addresses the both of you.
"It's been a while since I've had any company here. It's funny; no matter how lifelike a puppet is, it's just not the same as a living, breathing human. Probably has something to do with wooden vocal chords being near useless for speech."
Looking at the villagers, you can now see that they aren't human at all, but are actually wooden automatons, each one carefully crafted to resemble a human in every way. It must have taken ages to carve them all, but the man speaking to you doesn't look a day over 20.
"Anyways, would you girls care for something to eat or drink while the villagers deal with that dragon? I'm only one man, and puppets don't eat much, so there's plenty of food to go around."

"aha!"
Murder the incapacitated guy
The construct formerly known as Grungson orients itself toward it's victim. It opens it's horrible pincer-like jaws, and with a terible crunching sound, begins to eat it's way through the barrier that traps it.

Eat my way through the barrier with sheer badassery. Lunge at Varen and disembowel him with my drill(s) while tearing his throat out with my jaws.
Turning towards Kordos, Raynen spoke, "Thanks, whoever you are. Still, before you move on, would you mind helping me make this area a slightly safer place?"

Fire an arrow towards the Grungson thing while it's trapped.
(Varen dex: 2+1)
(Grungson dex: 3+6-4)
(Raynen dex: 6+3)

(Raynen dex: 1+3)
(Raynen aff: 2+3)
(Grungson dex: NA)
(Grungson end: ((6+6+4)/2)
(Grungson bad: 5+6)

(Grungson str: 2+4-6)

(Varen dex: 2+1)
(Varen str: 3+1)
(Grungson dex: NA)
(Grungson end: ((6+6+4)/2)
(Varen aff: 4+4)
(Grungson str: 5-6+4)

Thinking quickly, Raynen fires an arrow at Grungson's exposed core, the toy shaft turning into a six foot rod of hot-pink steel as it penetrates deep into the construct's chest, but passing harmlessly through to the other side. Smirking as best he can with his mandibles, Grungson tries to chew through his bindings, but doesn't even manage to make a mark on the red ribbons as Varen strikes again, the dagger glancing off harmlessly as the ribbons turn Grungson into a solid red cocoon as he struggles in vain.

fully load my stolen rifle and continue onwards for yet more mediocre loots

You load your rifle up before heading north, stopping before a forest so thick with ice that it seems more like a network of tunnels than a woodland.

"Okay then."

Murder Petipor
Haah, damnit... Recalibrating...

Wait for gun to recharge, in the mean time, protectively stand in front of Annie (without preventing her from attacking.) If attacked, switch to knife mode and retaliate as best as possible.

I... don't know if this will work, Annie... But it's best if we work together.
(Annie dex: 4+6-3)
(ALGEM dex: 3+1)
(Nekik dex: 1+4)
(Petipor dex: 6)

(Annie dex: 3+6-3)
(Petipor dex: 5)
(Annie str: 1+3)
(Petipor end: 3+6)

(Petipor dex: 6)
(Annie dex: 2+6-3)
(Petipor str: 3+6)
(Annie str: 5+3)

(Nekik dex: 6+4)
(Petipor dex: 2)
(Nekik str: 5+4)
(Petipor end: 6+6)
(Nekik str: 5+4)
(Petipor end: 5+6)

Annie thrusts at Petipor with all of her strength, but it only drives the great beast into a rage, causing it to wind its tongue around her like a boa constrictor before ALGEM can move to defend her. Despite Annie's struggling, Petipor manages to yank her into its open maw without much difficulty, and prepares to clamp down as Nekik's twin swords bounce harmlessly off of its hide.

Turning towards Darius, Raynen spoke, "Thanks, whoever you are. Still, before you move on, would you mind helping me make this area a slightly safer place?"

Fire an arrow towards the Grungson thing while it's trapped.
"Frankly, I see no innocents in that fight. Let the murderers kill each other, I say.

"Anyway, I've stayed here too long as it is. As I said, I got a mission to complete, so if you ain't coming with me quit holding me up. If you are coming with me, you can use that spear that guy just dropped. That goes for you too, new guy," he says, looking at the newly-spawned Da Funk. "My only caveat is that you stick with me and don't try to use it to kill a person for your own gain; otherwise I will kill you myself."

Kordos offers his spear to anyone who will join his quest. If no one takes it, he'll pick it up and head off in a random direction toward a dungeon. If some does join him and take it, he'll head off in a random direction toward a dungeon.

Well, everyone seems too busy ganging up on Grungson to accept your offer, so you head to the southeast, soon coming across a river carving a canyon between steep mountain cliffs.

Make sure it's up to 11, and yell into the mic with the intent of somehow causing mass destruction:FUS RO DAH!
(don't act like you wouldn't do the same XD)
(Zonix bad: 6+2)
(Zonix aff: 2+4)

Your fearsome shout is amplified several hundred times over through the amplifier, and tears the ground in front of you to shreds, as well as sending members of both sides of the nearby battle flying into the distance to land in crumpled heaps. Both armies look at you with terrified expressions upon the soldiers' faces, and several of them turn and run, fearing another blast of sound.

Fully Translated!!!! Finally!!!! ((well... still not sure what crikr means, exactly.)) Although I think his goal is kind of... difficult to achieve at the moment.

Kneel, and say, "vros buud du aeui kaad? Orku, vros vurrd du aeui cuka kruk?"

((That should work.))
((I'm gonna send you the translated messages through PMs, so that you don't have to waste time deciphering stuff.))

The insect-man seems quite surprised by your use of his language as you kneel; his lance disintegrating into a swarm of locusts which quickly fly off in random directions.
"A Wresarrems vesr dmuvradsa uk sra urd sumsia? Parrovk sra ksureak uk Crosrar rurd kuka srisr oksar orr... Bis sros ek bakeda sra vuems. Tra buud vrecr I kaad vok craosad bae sra Wresark, omd rok baam suma kur aumk. Is rok racamsrae rasirmad su axeksamca rara, em sra kurk uk srek baoks. Ak o Raodar, I kiks kemd esk kacrask bakura es qomekrak osoem. Ak kur kae vurrd, es ek sra uma vrecr bemdk orr uk sra usrark, omd vok craosad bakura aqam sra Wresark vara em axeksamca."
With that, he stretches his wings and turns to leave, before turning back to you.
"Wresarrems... Ik sra ksureak uk Crosrar ora su ba bareaqad, sram aeui ora buimd su srek buud srruisr sra vrek uk sra Wresark. Ik es qomekrak, ku suu verr aeui, omd qeca qarko. Bis sra ksureak orku koae sros aeui ora sra uma vru kiks raorm sra kacrask uk sra buud. Ik aeui vekr su du ku, sram kaas ka em sra srruma-ruuk uk sra kursrakk."
He then flies away towards the great fortress, leaving you to ponder his words.

((Oh man it's good to be lucky! And for some reason the mercy kill hat thing was hilarious.))

Noticing he's safe from the dragon for now, Evil Lucky let's out a huge sigh of relief and says, "Man I came for torturing people and magical loot.... not to get chased around by a dragon with a book for a head." He looks up at Aurwyn and says, "Ah sorry about grabbing you the way i did. I hadn't then our torturing days together would've been way too short lived. Anyways can you see in this darkness? Because I can't even see my own hand."

Ask Aurwyn if she can see in the dark. If she can then set her down and let her lead the way. If not then just keep her on my shoulders for now and feel my way through the cave using the walls slowy.

"I can see in HERE. One moment, let me try SOMETHING."
The hat on Aurwyn's head begins to glow, and her eyes suddenly release twin spotlight beams of green light, illuminating the tunnel.
"Is that BETTER?"
You nod, and then advance down the tunnel using Aurwyn's light as a guide. After some time, the tunnel opens into a new world, the likes of which you have never seen. It's a gargantuan cavern, several miles across, filled with lush greenery. Strange and colorful birds circle around near the top of the cavern, which is made of a glowing white stone that shines light down upon the forest below.

BASS GUY AND GHOST DARIUS SPAWN!
(Bass luk: 1+3)

Bass Guy's waiver becomes a large clockwork handgun, which constantly emits blue steam through a chimney jutting from the stock.

(Darius luk: -2-6)

Darius' waiver turns itself into an enormous frog composed entirely out of boiling mud. The creature looks him over thoroughly, as if trying to decide whether or not Darius would make a good snack.

I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: May 05, 2013, 04:43:03 pm »

Cut the tongue and jump out
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: May 05, 2013, 04:52:33 pm »

SKREEEEEEEEEE

Roll away, biting through my bindings as I do so.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: May 05, 2013, 05:11:27 pm »

Fuck OFF! I'm not going to let you take her life!

Being enraged enough to disown logic, ALGEM jumps on top of the beast and light-gun-knifes it in the back repeatedly, going for the neck.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: May 05, 2013, 05:26:14 pm »

Kordos will try to find a safe way to cross the river/canyon. Failing that, he'll just head off in some other direction.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: May 05, 2013, 05:27:12 pm »

((and now I'm the chosen one??? well, that was unexpected.))

follow to throne room with great speed while not dying!

"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: May 05, 2013, 05:28:59 pm »

((and now I'm the chosen one??? well, that was unexpected.))

follow to throne room with great speed while not dying!
WHAT DOES IT SAY
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: May 05, 2013, 05:43:49 pm »

"Woah.... this is.... weird. There's a underground forest inside a mountain." Then Evil Lucky remembers the dragon that chased him into here. "Well then again that was just as weird."

"So what do we do NOW?"

"I say we take a break... I don't about you but that whole event wore me out." Evil Lucky looks up in the air and looks at the birds. "I wanna try eating one of those. Let's gravity crush it... well except it's head. It's death squawks should make some good enough entertainment for now. Atleast until we find some people."

Have Aurwyn gravity crush a bird to death. Pick up it's body and start looking for a way to make a campfire to cook it up.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 159