Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 265232 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! New Management!
« Reply #2085 on: July 07, 2013, 08:11:56 am »

I'm reminded of Perplexicon, which was also intended as nothing more than a test for ideas, started out as an arena battle, and eventually became a world-wandering adventure where the wait list was abolished.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: July 07, 2013, 08:42:28 am »

Give the cross thing to only the bug guy, 'cause Lilia has the cape and I have my armor.

((I was able to summon two capes earlier, so why two crosses is a problem I don't know. Also, last time the meteor hit, I didn't even need to roll because of my armor and endurance.))
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: July 07, 2013, 11:00:15 am »

I'm reminded of Perplexicon, which was also intended as nothing more than a test for ideas, started out as an arena battle, and eventually became a world-wandering adventure where the wait list was abolished.
That was his inspiration.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: July 07, 2013, 12:44:27 pm »

Give the cross thing to only the bug guy, 'cause Lilia has the cape and I have my armor.

((I was able to summon two capes earlier, so why two crosses is a problem I don't know. Also, last time the meteor hit, I didn't even need to roll because of my armor and endurance.))

((So this is kinda a fourth wall breaker, but that was the result of a GM screw up a few turns back. You can keep both for the trouble. Besides that, you're only able to remember the objects once, unless you use a slightly complex exploit...))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: July 07, 2013, 04:38:36 pm »

..and he said he was going to give up LD so I offered to run it.

Oh man am I glad you decided to take over. This game is waaay too fun to end now! Plus I haven't made Good Lucky yet!
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: July 07, 2013, 05:46:27 pm »

"Hey, why are you running? I just wanted to talk...
Sit down, look dejected. ((You feel dejected SO YOUR TURN IS DEJECTED)) See if I can deal with my hand problem, perhaps by bandaging it somehow.
B0B(Aseaheru)-
B0B looks at his missing hand, noticing that since an ice weapon cut it off, it’s frozen and a bandage would not even work. There is no blood anywhere, however when it melts...

At that moment a loud crash is heard and an enormous lady covered in red crystals bursts out of the cave, destroying the top of the hill.

Shyly step back. "M-miss?"
Shyly step back. "M-miss?"
"Hmm?" Open the crate.
STAND STILL BECAUSE AFK
GLOSTER(Tsuchigumo550) + Annie(scapheap) + TCM(CZA)-
GLOSTER, completely pale, nearly incapable of speech with the only statement she can get out of her mouth is “Miss,” slowly backs away from the mysterious crystalline figure that appears to have just brutally murdered someone in cold blood. Annie, still ignoring GLOSTER, reaches down and opens the box. There is a small, standard looking knife inside. When Annie reached down and grabs it, it crystallizes. Upon grabbing the knife, Annie feels something hit her back. But something didn’t run into her back, her back ran into something. The roof of the cave. As Annie increases in size, the entire top of the cave explodes from pressure and the entire upper part of the hill shatters, leaving something of a small ravine where the walls of the cave used to be. As Annie stands up the rest of the way, she feels like she can control the red crystals that are connected to her. Meanwhile, TCM can hear something approaching...

((Yes! I'm back and not dead! I get the feeling that won't last long though.))
Hide! Quickly make a paper airplane without touching the paper, using my sleeves. If she gets close, try to throw it at exposed skin without alerting her.
Squintage(Squill)-
(200 people in room, 6 spears kill each turn = [33-X])
33 sided death spear target roll: 7 (1 is IMMINENT DEATH)

Squintage folds the paper into a paper airplane, fortunate that no horrifying reactions went off. He approaches the girl by moving through the crowd, again fortunate to not be hit by one of the spears. Once at the podium, Squintage throws his airplane at the blood stained girl, and...

Squintage dex: 9 [5(+4)]
Mysterious girl dex: 8 [6(+2)]

As Squintage throws the paper airplane at the girl, she notices this, but is milliseconds too slow. The plane hits and a loud unearthly sound is heard as a large gash rips through the girls arm.the airplane glows brightly as though some sort of capacitor inside has been filled.

Squintage dex: 8 [4(+4)]
Mysterious girl dex: 41 [1(+40)]

Squintage rushes to reclaim the plane but the girl was there the moment Squintage took a second to blink his eyes. The girl picks up the plane and crumples it into a ball, and throws to the side, her injury healing the instant she touched the plane. Her face resembles that of horror, but more of awe. As she wipes the blood off of her face with a handkerchief, she says

“To think after all these years, the first person to injure me in the slightest was you, a meer, worthless, pathetic, HUMAN?! My abilities are telling me you just got here. Was it the creators that gave you that incredibly powerful weapon? Lance. Deal with this whelp. I need a nap.”

On her command, a butler with a golden suit appears in place of the girl. He appears to have strange skin, in an appearance as if he is not inside this body most of the time. As the girl leaves, the butler telekinetically moves 10 objects off of a nearby table, causing them to orbit around his index finger. With his other finger, Lance touches each rotating piece, transmuting each piece into a solid chunk of gold.

Whoo! Gold Trim!

Anyways.

Shoot the reaver with my stolen rifle!
RUN AWAY FASTLY

Wait. This new rule means that if you don't engage in combat periodically, you die. Not that I mind, but isn't that a little bad?
Darius Dark(GreatWyrmGold) + SOMETHING BASTARD(Xantalos)-
Meteor str: 9 [3+3+3]
Meteor dex: 13 [5+6+2]

Darius dex: 8 [5(+3)]
Darius end: 3 [1(+2)]

SOMETHING dex: 8 [2(+6)]
SOMETHING end: 10 [4(+6)]

“Hey what’s that?”

That’s what Darius was going to say until an enormous meteor completely incinerates him and turns him into a pile of ash and gore. This situation much more fortunate for SOMETHING BASTARD, as his incredibly manly pecs manage to completely block the explosion. Reaver is nowhere to be seen.

DARIUS DARK IS DEAD

Ignore them, fly around looking for some normal person to land next to while looking like a badass.
Viola Guy(Persus 13) + Osborn(+!!scientist!!+)-
Meteor black flame str: 9 [5+3+1]
Meteor black flame dex (v. protection amulet): 8 [2+4+2]

Osborn quickly puts the cross in the bugman’s hand, as he entrusts the cape to protect Lilia.

Osborn luk: -8 [1(-6)-1 from Darius’s total kills]
Osborn aff: Armor immune to black flame
Bugman dex: 8 [2(+4)+2]
Bugman aff: 2 [2(±0)]
Bugman end: 9 [6(+3)]
Lilia aff: 6 [3(+1)+2 from cape]
Lilia end: 11 [6(+2)+3 from cape]

Osborn doesn’t even feel a scratch as his armor absorbs the impact any of the explosion or flames that may have reached him. In the end both the bug man and Lilia are both fine, but shook up from all but the final layer of their defenses being pierced. Lilia seems to think Osborn is Lucky, since only Lucky would try to save her. ”Lucky? What’s that thing you’re holding? I feel like when I look at it I think I’m.. getting.. crushed...” Lilia tore her eyes away from the book. The pages of Osborn’s book seep blood, and as Osborn turns to the newest page, inside lies a collection of random jibberish, the letters ending with sharp points. “T-That book Lucky, where did you get it? Wait, you don't look like Lucky.”

Viola aff: 10 [2(+5)+3 from blade]
Viola BADASSERY: 3 [4(-1)]

Viola has a hard time even managing to focus the three in front of him, as it seems a huge meteor hit the ground and makes a huge explosion. Just as Viola thinks he’s finished, the Blade he’s carrying shines and blows away any remaining flames Viola was trying to block. As the flames settle, Viola sees a man wearing robes and glasses in the distance and flies his way.

Alex shoves the gem in his pocket, sighing. It's been too long since his sisters actually listened to him. Fuck, and now he has to go searching for them again. It took too fucking long to get the right spell to get him here. And now this weird gem almost tried to blind him. He hated being the gofer of the family.

Wander.
Alex(Greenstarfanatic)-
Alex notices a huge explosion in the distance. If that’s not interesting, he’s not sure what is. Once he arrives, he notices someone flying towards him like an incredible badass, and a man holding some demonic looking book. The man is being accompanied by a monster that appears to be made out of legs, and a giant bug. Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea after all.

((Yeah the rule confuses me.... I'm just gonna ignore it for now hahaha.))

"What's that light? Aurwyn let's go see what that is."

Slowly descend the giant pit and going toward the light that's in it.
Evil Lucky(superBomb)-
As Lucky approaches the ‘Subterranean Star’ it turns out to be not a star at all, but instead a huge dark silverish colored city floating above an endless abyss. The flight is long and Aurwyn yawns. Lucky checks his watch. “Eh?” He notices that his watch has appeared to have stopped working...? Lucky is now approaching the edge of the city...

just run, if i get far enough away to hide then do so.
Rozar(Unholy_Pariah)-
Rozar dex: 10 [6(+4)]
Iron Settler dex: 5 [4(+1)]

The Iron Settler finally gets tired of chasing Rozar, and Rozar finally get away. There is a sewer grate nearby, and Rozar open the grate and hides inside. Out of breath, Rozar looks around him. To his left, there is a tunnel that leads to the surface, and to the right, the tunnel leads... somewhere. The direction sign Rozar is reading seems to have been intentionally damaged...?

"Let me just try something..."

Shoot the growling sand pile thing, and ask my loremaster just what it is.
"Well that is new..."
Be ready to stab whatever comes out of the pile if anything
Varen(Corsair) + Raynen(Nicholas1024)-
Raynen asks his loremaster about what the mound in the distance is. The loremaster tells Raynen ”The the mound is home to sand worms that can detect your presence through vibration. They move fast and spit acid, but they appear to be a little weak, resistance wise, as a result...” As Varen and Raynen approach the mound, the ground starts turning violently. Raynen notices Varen is a little hesitant. “It’s just some worms, we’ll be fine.”

Raynen dex: 5 [2(+3)]
Worm1 dex: 7 [5(+2)]

Varen dex: 6 [5(+1)]
Worm1 dex: 3 [5(+2)]
Varen str: 2 [1(+1)]
Varen aff: 7 [3(+4)]
Worm1 end: 1 [2(-1)]

Varen stabs at the pile with the dagger, lightly scratching, but still hitting the worm. The dagger successfully ensnares the worm. Unfortunately Raynen could not predict the Worms position as well as Varen, and the arrow misses completely. Two more worms crawl out of the ground, the second going after Raynen, the third going after Varen.

Worm2 dex: 6 [4(+2)]
Raynen dex: 7 [4(+3)]

Worm3 dex: 7 [5(+2)]
Varen dex: 3 [2(+1)]
Worm3 str: 6 [6(±0)]
Varen end: -3 [1(-4)]

Raynen nimble dodges the worms that lunges at him, his friend Varen is not so lucky however. “V-Varen?” Raynen is forced to watch in horror as his friend is eaten alive and ripped apart in the worms teeth. The dagger falls into the sand, soon fading away, marking Varen's end.

VAREN RABIDUS IS DEAD

Ah, good. Now, next card.
Draw card that I said I was going to last turn. (which I guess was doing too much in one turn.)
Zonix(Benjamaru)-
Upon drawing a card,  a pattern forms, and the cards shatters and for a few seconds nothing happens. Then, the ground in front of Zonix breaks open, and out of the ground appears a man with a saber, and his body is covered in black feathers. He also wears the outfit of a military general, but despite this rank, Zonix appears to be in control of him. “Greetings, I am Caim. I rule over 30 legions of Demons. Now even though you’ve probably never heard of me before, that’s irrelevant. What seems to be the problem?”

Map:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 07:14:13 pm by stefmor90 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: July 07, 2013, 05:48:55 pm »

RUN THE FLYING FUCK AWAY, SENDING BACK THE HEARTTHING
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: July 07, 2013, 05:54:24 pm »

"Yes?" Annie asked the little being.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: July 07, 2013, 06:32:39 pm »

"Just a little more Aurwyn... once we get there you can get some rest." Evil Lucky says. A city... in a dark abyss in an underground desert... who knew? But where there's a city, means there are people... and people means fun entertainment! Lucky starts laughing to himself as evil thoughts swirl around his mind.

Land at the edge of the city and let Aurwyn get some well deserved rest. Look around and see if there's anything nearby where I land that can give me a hint of where I'm at.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: July 07, 2013, 06:33:06 pm »

explore to the right.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: July 07, 2013, 06:34:30 pm »

If there's any loot, take it. If not, go look for someone.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: July 07, 2013, 06:58:47 pm »

That was his inspiration.
Yes, but it still ended the same, which is neat.

..and he said he was going to give up LD so I offered to run it.
Oh man am I glad you decided to take over. This game is waaay too fun to end now! Plus I haven't made Good Lucky yet!
I thought that was the guy with Lilia.

Anyways. That was a cheap death. I'm not even entirely sure where the meteor came from.

Spoiler: Eric (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: July 07, 2013, 07:04:55 pm »

Find weapon. Hide from freaks.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: July 07, 2013, 07:06:37 pm »

Land next to Alex. "Hey, What's going on?"
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: July 07, 2013, 07:07:29 pm »

Find weapon. Hide from freaks.
Im not a freak! Im a [null] missing a hand with a shiny pipe!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 159