Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 69

Author Topic: The Crossover Thread  (Read 88646 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: The Crossover Thread
« Reply #285 on: January 20, 2013, 02:09:37 pm »

Still. I highly, highly doubt he alone can top the hive mind. The only morsel of doubt is a heretical book involving a sect of inquisitors which wish to do that, and i think that was with the blood of the sensei.

Librarian Tigurius of the Ultramarines successfully mind-probed the Hive Mind, and he is nowhere near as powerful as the Emperor. The Hive Mind does produce the Shadow in the Warp, which can drive Astropaths and Navigators, and weaker-minded Psykers insane, but more often than not, they just can't do their thang as effectively. Which means communications shut down, ships can't escape, and thought crime rates drop hilariously.
Check and mate.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 20, 2013, 02:31:10 pm »

Oh yeah. Hanslanda, i will also pay for that crossover. As for the hive mind... one wonders if it's noticed yet. Or cares. Neither look good.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #287 on: January 20, 2013, 02:48:02 pm »

Still. I highly, highly doubt he alone can top the hive mind. The only morsel of doubt is a heretical book involving a sect of inquisitors which wish to do that, and i think that was with the blood of the sensei.

Librarian Tigurius of the Ultramarines successfully mind-probed the Hive Mind, and he is nowhere near as powerful as the Emperor. The Hive Mind does produce the Shadow in the Warp, which can drive Astropaths and Navigators, and weaker-minded Psykers insane, but more often than not, they just can't do their thang as effectively. Which means communications shut down, ships can't escape, and thought crime rates drop hilariously.
Check and mate.
Tigurius was written by Matt Ward.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 21, 2013, 09:44:11 pm »

Check and mate.

I have Cake. Your point is invalid.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 21, 2013, 09:55:57 pm »

Check and mate.

I have Cake. Your point is invalid.
We do not speak of the works of the Dark One except to curse their existence. Your cake is irrelevant.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 21, 2013, 10:03:00 pm »

Speaking of him would derail the thread even further into 40k than it is already.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 21, 2013, 10:03:49 pm »

Here's a crossover purely for the lulz:

Detective Conan meets Conan the Barbarian. Discuss.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 21, 2013, 10:15:07 pm »

... honestly, I could kinda' see those two chillin' together or something. They're both actually pretty darn smart (from what I recall) and, despite some impressive cultural differences, more or less agreeable on a lot of points. Then again, slide some highlander into that and bam, modern day conan meets conan. What the deus happens from there I have no damned idea, but...

Alternately, just do a cross-temporal/dimensional changling swap and see what sort of thing nurture does to their natures, huhuhu...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 21, 2013, 11:52:50 pm »

Assuming Conan isn't an immortal, I don't think there would be too many problems.

Personally, I think that Girls und Panzer could do with a little more xenos action; cross with Strike Witches: Awesome or merely plausible?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 21, 2013, 11:54:58 pm »

Are you talking about putting the GuP cast into actual warfare, or simply playing Tank-Fu against someone other than high-school girls?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 22, 2013, 12:08:32 am »

So, you're saying we should have a combined forces against the Strike Witches' xenos?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 22, 2013, 12:11:26 am »

I...don't know. I have no idea what Strike Witches is :P

I'm just thinking that throwing the tankery team into real combat might end up with a bunch of cute dead girls. Seems like at least half the team is knocked out each match.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 22, 2013, 12:17:58 am »

Well, it involves more girls. And magic. Occasionally they break the sound barrier instead of sitting on the beach.

They also have guns.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 22, 2013, 12:21:39 am »

No one here's ever watched Farscape?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 22, 2013, 12:24:16 am »

Well, it involves more girls. And magic. Occasionally they break the sound barrier instead of sitting on the beach.

They also have guns.
Da fuq was that? Buncha girls in swimsuits with airplane legs? With magic?
Every time I think I hit the weirdness limit, I find something new.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 69