Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: mummy disapearing when reaching water  (Read 504 times)

triato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
mummy disapearing when reaching water
« on: January 16, 2013, 07:31:18 pm »

Searched for mummy and water and found nothing about this.

I was roaming the catacombs and found a goblin comander. The catacombs are bellow an unfinished or destroyed temple and can only be reached by jumping into a pool aparently, I have not travelled further than the goblin comander room but elsewhere canīt find an exit. There is also a mummy room wich I almost emptied of skeletons (two are just by the side of the coffin).

I made a goblin follow me so he would be the one disturbing the mummy, after that made the mummy follow me with the intention of taking it to the gobling comander and watch the fight while sneaking. The idea was to reach the pool cross it and have the mummy take the long way so I could position myself and wait for it in a corner of the goblin comander room. I didnīt knew if it would work since I donīt know if mummys enter water or not, but decided to try anyway. The thing is, uppon reaching the pond the mummy disapeared, but when trying to climb the edge I could not. I reached the same spot going trough another passage and could not step into the tile where the mummy disapeared, I searched for the coffin and found it empty. After that I waited for an hour and was able to walk trough the tile again, coffin was still empty.

So, is this a bug, can someone explain? or make fiction about it?

I got a bit disapointed since I canīt defeat the goblins in the comander room.

Also, if you kill a quest target and retire, can you come back and report the kill to finish the quest? Retiring is the only way to leave the catacomb.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
Re: mummy disapearing when reaching water
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 10:17:45 pm »

Retiring is not the only way to leave. Try fast-traveling on z >= 0. I had this exact problem in a temple I wanted to muck about in.

As far as the disappearing mummy, though... no clue o.o
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread