Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ₲oblin ₸ower {v1.10, 1/20/2013} [34.11]  (Read 7175 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
₲oblin ₸ower {v1.10, 1/20/2013} [34.11]
« on: January 16, 2013, 10:26:34 pm »

We have, of course, Dwarf Fortress. Kobold Camp has been around for quite some time. Humans are sort of boring and bland. Multitudes of new races have been implemented. And yet, we rarely, if ever, consider the point of view of our most common opponent: the goblin.

Playing goblins
Goblins are well-known for the towers (aka "dark fortresses") they build, although they are also willing to settle in cities and caves. Their selection of pets is somewhat limited; currently they have only beak dogs and trolls, although they are capable of taming many others and I'm open to suggestions for more.

Less well-known is their penchant for engineering. Goblin traps are better built than dwarven traps, and are triggered by some things that would normally avoid them. This is helpful in the goblin quest to diversify their population with all variety and manner of pets and slaves. Goblins are driven to extravagance and excitement, their actions unlimited by morality or sense. Their debauchery and adventurousness knows no bounds. They also greatly enjoy shows of force; goblin laws are essentially a formality and they are ruled by despots and tyrants, whoever has the biggest army, where they are ruled at all. These and other traits drive them to exploration, over land and sea as well as into arts like alchemy and magic. Fearlessly, they charge into the unknown.

So what are you waiting for? Start your goblin colony today! Maglubiyet save you!

Spoiler: Current Features (click to show/hide)

Current version number: v1.10
Compatible with: v34.11
Download!

Goblin Towers
The Cruel Void (Community)
Scourgeracks the Vile Machine of Misery (Community)
Rainynightmares (Community)

Comments and suggestions welcome!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:06:56 am by Squeegy »
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
Re: ₲oblin ₸ower {v1.00} [34.11]
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 05:30:55 am »

Is this similar to the Goblinmod PrivateNomad was testing in Budcloistered?

Are the goblins in this still inheriting their NO_FOOD and NO_DRINK tokens from vanilla?

Still, looks interesting.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 05:35:51 am »

If I am not mistaken, it's an unique mod which has a long NSFW history.

P.S. High five for those who get the reference ;).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 05:39:14 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 11:07:59 am »

Are the goblins in this still inheriting their NO_FOOD and NO_DRINK tokens from vanilla?

It doesn't seem like it. The goblins are at war with every civilized race; there's no dwarven caravan, they trade with themselves. And they do need to eat and drink, but they're exclusively carnivorous and don't require alcohol.

Also, the mod isn't NSFW. The most suggestive it gets is bikinis. For any fiction based on it, your mileage may vary.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 07:00:21 pm »

Ok, cool, may well try it out when I have the time.

Carnivorous implies that they can eat fish and eggs, right? If its pure meat products only it might make embarks a wee-bit more difficult... and Grower migrants are only going to be useful for making Cloth products I suppose.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:03:23 pm by eharper256 »
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 07:26:10 pm »

It doesn't seem like it. The goblins are at war with every civilized race; there's no dwarven caravan, they trade with themselves. And they do need to eat and drink, but they're exclusively carnivorous and don't require alcohol.

Also, the mod isn't NSFW. The most suggestive it gets is bikinis. For any fiction based on it, your mileage may vary.
Aww, did you forget Gobbo? :'(
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 10:00:55 pm »

Ok, cool, may well try it out when I have the time.

Carnivorous implies that they can eat fish and eggs, right? If its pure meat products only it might make embarks a wee-bit more difficult... and Grower migrants are only going to be useful for making Cloth products I suppose.

Yes; my current fort is subsisting mainly on fish, and eggs should be non-vegetarian as they're an animal byproduct. Later on I'll implement some booze-brewing plants also. Beware, though-- champions are bugged in this version, you'll get one right away and won't be able to freaking get rid of it.

Aww, did you forget Gobbo? :'(
I do remember a lot of NSFW d'awwblin stuff (including the fort that spawned the term) and I have made some NSFW mods in the past. I don't know if that's what you're referring to though.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 06:13:12 am »

Yes; my current fort is subsisting mainly on fish, and eggs should be non-vegetarian as they're an animal byproduct. Later on I'll implement some booze-brewing plants also. Beware, though-- champions are bugged in this version, you'll get one right away and won't be able to freaking get rid of it.
Champions as in the noble position? Or a migrant that's an 10+ weaponsmaster?

Its good to hear fish & eggs are ok. I normally build my standard forts around fish, duck eggs, and yak/horse cheese, with cave wheat and sweet pods as supplements since I despise the plump helmet hoards and like fallow fields in Winter anyway.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 07:15:36 am »

Wait, do they eat eggs raw, or only cooked? Can they eat cooked food? Can they eat a cat meat roast that contains plant ingredients?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 09:28:40 am »

Eggs cooked, eat cooked food yes, eat meat+plant meal yes.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 09:32:00 am »

Champions as in the noble position? Or a migrant that's an 10+ weaponsmaster?

The noble position, of course.

Wait, do they eat eggs raw, or only cooked? Can they eat cooked food? Can they eat a cat meat roast that contains plant ingredients?

I have no idea. Probably just like dwarves do. And yes, they'll eat all types of kitchen meals.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 01:57:46 pm »

Have you tested to see if the slaves aspect works? If so awesome, if not. Well good luck on it hope to see it working soon. I also assume that we will be seeing improved traps soon as well? I cant wait to see them.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 11:01:18 pm »

Have you tested to see if the slaves aspect works? If so awesome, if not. Well good luck on it hope to see it working soon. I also assume that we will be seeing improved traps soon as well? I cant wait to see them.

I have not. I'm running a fort now, and we'll see how it goes when I start getting sieges and kobolds. The traps are "improved" in that fewer things are able to avoid them, but I'll see what I can do about increasing the might of goblin engineering. I don't think there's much room for modding in there right now though.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 09:17:58 am »

You can do several things besides removing trapavoid.. each trapcomp has all the weapon modificators, and you can alter the number of hits each weapon does, and of course you can make a trap-workshop thats makes batches of trapcomps, mechanisms and cages AND/OR upgrades/better trapcomps then the ones you make in the forge.

You can also use special coatings by using dfhacks add_spatter with a reaction that only improves trap-comps. This allows epcial syndrome traps.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 07:54:23 pm »

You can also use special coatings by using dfhacks add_spatter with a reaction that only improves trap-comps. This allows epcial syndrome traps.

If I need to use DFHack, though, how exactly do I release that as a mod...?
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: [1] 2