Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3743278 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Dark Cathedral
« Reply #10050 on: November 20, 2013, 12:25:48 am »

Considering the Hellyfish is blocking the door that we need for a Dragon Bypass, the only real option is shafting... unless we really wanted to try breaking through a wall.

Killing the dragon is an option.
Hmm. I just thought of something. Assuming the dragon's lasers require SP, and it'll fire at us from a different room, couldn't we drain its SP by repeatedly dodging in front of the door (healing whenever we got hit); then, once it runs out of SP, we could poke it to death with ranged attacks. The plan requires a few things:

0. We can restore our SP somewhere. This may or may not be necessary, depending on how often the dragon hits us.
1. The dragon can't kill us in one hit. FFS really isn't this cruel, so we can probably move on. Let's just stick with the bulkiest party member for the baiting, though.
2. The dragon will be dumb enough to fall for it, must attack us whenever possible, or whatever.
3. The dragon's lasers require SP.
Of course, I don't think we have somewhere to restore our SP. But it might still work, and I think we should think twice before going somewhere potentially more dangerous than here.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10051 on: November 20, 2013, 12:28:50 am »

Of course, I don't think we have somewhere to restore our SP. But it might still work, and I think we should think twice before going somewhere potentially more dangerous than here.
We could always take the obligatory third way out.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10052 on: November 20, 2013, 05:40:32 am »

Considering the Hellyfish is blocking the door that we need for a Dragon Bypass, the only real option is shafting... unless we really wanted to try breaking through a wall.

Hmm. I just thought of something. Assuming the dragon's lasers require SP, and it'll fire at us from a different room, couldn't we drain its SP by repeatedly dodging in front of the door (healing whenever we got hit); then, once it runs out of SP, we could poke it to death with ranged attacks. The plan requires a few things:

0. We can restore our SP somewhere. This may or may not be necessary, depending on how often the dragon hits us.
1. The dragon can't kill us in one hit. FFS really isn't this cruel, so we can probably move on. Let's just stick with the bulkiest party member for the baiting, though.
2. The dragon will be dumb enough to fall for it, must attack us whenever possible, or whatever.
I support this idea.

Plus, we have a hard hat. This way we have something to use in case shit happens.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Show Must Go On
« Reply #10053 on: November 20, 2013, 07:48:30 am »

Wouldn't Riltia just end up in the passive party? We could also shift somebody else there.
Yup. Possibly Goom-Bess.

That is a disturbing numbers of "ifs," one of which requires that ffs is merciful, one of which requires that the spirit is dumb, and one of which relies on something we haven't found.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10054 on: November 20, 2013, 08:01:59 am »

I have an idea:

Dangerous bulwarks (damaging+explosive)+hard-hat+Melee distance= spikes effect

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10055 on: November 20, 2013, 08:19:33 am »

1. Yeah right. Don't count on that one, FFS is going to be that cruel. He might not normally be (which I doubt), but when the plan hinges on the fact that the GM won't let it fail, it will. However, with guarding and proper equipment we can probably survive.
2. Not really, I mean, spirits are incarnations of Bay12'ians, and we're not going to fall for that.
3. Don't count on it.

On a side note, the dragon might also have other attacks.

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10056 on: November 20, 2013, 09:10:30 am »

Yeah, I don't like the odds of us fighting that stone dragon.

To the Depths of the Unknown!

Well, there is another way out, but I think that this is better.
+1
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10057 on: November 20, 2013, 10:27:54 am »

Ciro:Windirection Yourself, carry entire party on back; slowly float downwards

We might have Plot Armor, but we don't know about the rest of the party

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10058 on: November 20, 2013, 10:43:46 am »

We died before. We certainly don't have plot armor.

Besides, I don't think we should leave DL3 yet, there's much more to do, items to loot and quests to complete.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10059 on: November 20, 2013, 10:51:53 am »

I don't think we should leave DL3 yet, there's much more to do, items to loot and quests to complete.
Alright, what do you want to do instead?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10060 on: November 20, 2013, 11:03:10 am »

If we feel like shenanigans, we could run in, hide behind the Hellyfish, and guard.  If we're lucky, the DARGON LAZORS fry the Hellyfish and not us.  Next turn we dash through the other door.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10061 on: November 20, 2013, 11:04:24 am »

No need to rush with your suggestions. I'm not going to be updating for a little bit regardless for... reasons.  ;D

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10062 on: November 20, 2013, 11:06:27 am »

If we feel like shenanigans, we could run in, hide behind the Hellyfish, and guard.  If we're lucky, the DARGON LAZORS fry the Hellyfish and not us.  Next turn we dash through the other door.
Too much of a gamble, and I don't expect it to work twice. Especially since the dragon can shoot at us through doorways.
Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: MEGABATTLE
« Reply #10063 on: November 20, 2013, 11:10:18 am »

I was bored at school today and decided to see how spacious a party screen would look if I put together all the inventories I'd prepared in the game so far (in appropriate format and for non-dead characters). Of course, I have to ? ? ? the stuff that's still a spoiler.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I was trying to find some information.

Anyway, anyone knows the stats for the Illegal weapon of Mordor

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10064 on: November 20, 2013, 11:23:53 am »

I don't think we should leave DL3 yet, there's much more to do, items to loot and quests to complete.
Alright, what do you want to do instead?
I kind-off lost track of the map. But still, I'm pretty certain we can defeat the dragon thing, especially with Al in the team. With Druid's Bulwark, he has +5 Damage reduction. It can also damage, and with the hardhat he can be even more defensive, then there's the sword of Mordor which does terrible damage.
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 1544