Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3741740 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Show Must Go On
« Reply #10065 on: November 20, 2013, 11:26:16 am »

Actually, that makes my idea better.  Give Al the hat, fire off the Bulwark, and go guard.  With *nine* damage reduction, he should be able to laugh off the attack.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10066 on: November 20, 2013, 11:26:42 am »

Assuming he's the one that gets attacked...and that he guards...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10067 on: November 20, 2013, 11:29:22 am »

If we feel like shenanigans, we could run in, hide behind the Hellyfish, and guard.  If we're lucky, the DARGON LAZORS fry the Hellyfish and not us.  Next turn we dash through the other door.
I like this idea

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10068 on: November 20, 2013, 11:31:08 am »

Okay then, send him in alone.  He's directly in our party so should be directly controllable.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10069 on: November 20, 2013, 11:32:23 am »

Okay then, send him in alone.  He's directly in our party so should be directly controllable.
Um, but we need someone to inflict damage!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10070 on: November 20, 2013, 11:33:05 am »

Also remember maximum direct control is possible with the use of something in the inventory...

Ok ok no more cruel hints

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10071 on: November 20, 2013, 11:34:33 am »

Oh, you.

Also, hey.

SECOND circuitway?  Where's the first?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10072 on: November 20, 2013, 11:35:27 am »

Damaging bulwark, or maybe the weapon of Mordor.

SECOND circuitway?  Where's the first?
Probably the giant pit near the greens, where we found the first Circuitrix.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10073 on: November 20, 2013, 11:37:03 am »

Damaging Bulwarks.  I'm not sure we ever were told exactly what it does, but I'm guessing some sort of damage reflection.

Also, I bet he can't just LAZOR willy-nilly.  Once he fires it off, the rest of the team bumrushes him.

But in any case, let's bold this.

Ask Circuitrix what and where the first circuitway is.

PPE:  Yeah, you're probably right.  Editing the action to include "what."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10074 on: November 20, 2013, 11:38:46 am »

1. Can we use multiple Bulwarks at once, in terms of both game mechanics and SP?
2. Then Al can't guard, rendering the helmet useless.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10075 on: November 20, 2013, 11:40:26 am »

1. Can we use multiple Bulwarks at once, in terms of both game mechanics and SP?
2. Then Al can't guard, rendering the helmet useless.

Al has 10 SP.  He can either make them damaging or Bulwark twice, assuming that you can meaningfully bulwark twice.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10076 on: November 20, 2013, 11:47:59 am »

Assuming that they stack, which the existence of separate options suggest they probably won't.
And assuming that the Bulwark doesn't require a roll.
And assuming that it costs 5 SP for the whole thing and not 5 SP per DR point, as the text suggests.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10077 on: November 20, 2013, 12:01:59 pm »

And assuming that it costs 5 SP for the whole thing and not 5 SP per DR point, as the text suggests.

We've used it, so we know that isn't the case.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10078 on: November 20, 2013, 01:04:34 pm »

Damaging Bulwarks.  I'm not sure we ever were told exactly what it does, but I'm guessing some sort of damage reflection.

Also, I bet he can't just LAZOR willy-nilly.  Once he fires it off, the rest of the team bumrushes him.

But in any case, let's bold this.

Ask Circuitrix what and where the first circuitway is.

PPE:  Yeah, you're probably right.  Editing the action to include "what."

The stairs, I would assume. Or the teleport things.

Also, still voting against the Drop. Ascending may be difficult, as it would require that we find either a checkpoint or some other means of ascension. The "bloodshape wings" suggestion is prone to failure, though we could have each person throw it down after they ascend.

If we plan to use wings, I say we make them before we go down, not after.

Also, we should scan the dragon. Does scanning something show its attack damage? If not, we should get Goombess to tattle on it, because while my plan may have flaws, it's probably still a less risky option than jumping down the Drop.

Edit: Also, what Tomcost said about the helmet. With that, we should be fine, especially if we can find Riltia.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 01:07:31 pm by Elephant Parade »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10079 on: November 20, 2013, 01:14:49 pm »

If we plan to use wings, I say we make them before we go down, not after.
One of the big reasons I want to go down is because we are on the level with the magic restriction. We can't Bloodshape things right now without an incredibly great roll.

Also, we should scan the dragon. Does scanning something show its attack damage? If not, we should get Goombess to tattle on it, because while my plan may have flaws, it's probably still a less risky option than jumping down the Drop.

Edit: Also, what Tomcost said about the helmet. With that, we should be fine, especially if we can find Riltia.
It doesn't.
Tattle doesn't help with things Goom-Bess doesn't know about, and it didn't help with other spirits.
The helmet can partially protect one person who is doing nothing else.
We would also be fine if we had a disintegration beam.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 1544