Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695790 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Show Must Go On
« Reply #10096 on: November 20, 2013, 02:08:23 pm »

-1 To dropping
Can we suggest and idea and -1 another thing? If so, -1 to dropping.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10097 on: November 20, 2013, 02:10:27 pm »

Let's say that someone had the ability to fire off a bunch of little red beam-like things everywhere. Would you think that was a "special attack"?
...Maybe? It would depend on how much damage it did, how strong the character was, and how fancy the attack looked.
That happens to describe our good ol' bloody-shotgun-whose-name-I-forget. Which doesn't require SP.

Oh, I almost forgot. How about if you instead saw a red beam? Well, that's pretty much what the dragon's attack is, isn't it? It also is what we had with that lovey sniper rifle we had, and that knife. Neither required us to spend SP to make the attack.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10098 on: November 20, 2013, 02:11:56 pm »

Let's say that someone had the ability to fire off a bunch of little red beam-like things everywhere. Would you think that was a "special attack"?
...Maybe? It would depend on how much damage it did, how strong the character was, and how fancy the attack looked.
That happens to describe our good ol' bloody-shotgun-whose-name-I-forget. Which doesn't require SP.

Oh, I almost forgot. How about if you instead saw a red beam? Well, that's pretty much what the dragon's attack is, isn't it? It also is what we had with that lovey sniper rifle we had, and that knife. Neither required us to spend SP to make the attack.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10099 on: November 20, 2013, 02:12:47 pm »

-1 to switching to Riltia

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10100 on: November 20, 2013, 02:15:12 pm »

They required SP to make, and are weapons, not natural attacks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10101 on: November 20, 2013, 02:15:25 pm »

You know what?  I'm going to officially promote Plan Let Al Tank.

Move to room above LAZORDRAGON.  Give Al the Hard Hat.

Plan is to have him fire off the bulwark, run behind the hellyfish, and Guard.  The LAZORDRAGON blasts him and the hellyfish, rest of team bumrushes the dragon.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: November 20, 2013, 02:16:29 pm »

Plan is to have him fire off the bulwark, run behind the hellyfish, and Guard.  The LAZORDRAGON blasts him and the hellyfish, rest of team bumrushes the dragon.

+1 on the condition we only used ranged attacks. It's probably even more lethal in melee.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10103 on: November 20, 2013, 02:17:44 pm »

+1 on the condition we only used ranged attacks. It's probably even more lethal in melee.
+1
And -1 to Dropping.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: November 20, 2013, 02:18:58 pm »

You are aware only Ciro has a ranged attack, right?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: November 20, 2013, 02:21:40 pm »

And yet we could use them endlessly.
Regardless, the concept is there. You can't assume that just because it looks like it could be a spell, it costs SP.

Oh, and to formalize it:
-1 to the plan to have Al try to tank the lasers.
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10106 on: November 20, 2013, 02:25:57 pm »

Regardless, the concept is there. You can't assume that just because it looks like it could be a spell, it costs SP.
All ranged weapons use SP, they function endlessly because we put MSP into the weapon, which is special I guess.....

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: November 20, 2013, 02:27:46 pm »

All ranged weapons use SP, they function endlessly because we put MSP into the weapon, which is special I guess.....
No, they don't all require SP.

Throwing rocks, shooting arrows, and such do not require SP. Why would you assume that all ranged attacks need SP when the only ones that do fall under the category of spells?
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: November 20, 2013, 02:43:05 pm »

Firing our shotgun doesn't cost SP either.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: November 20, 2013, 02:44:52 pm »

-1 to Dropping
+1 to fighting the dragon
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 1544