Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3731414 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Show Must Go On
« Reply #10140 on: November 20, 2013, 08:48:11 pm »

1. Has that ever been an issue before? And before you answer, consider that the objections have been long-term--e.g, "This lowers our MHP too much to be worth it," and also consider that we will once more have access to healing magic.
2. We carry the people.
3. Oh come on. We've made laser knives before, a simple jetpack is positively simple in comparison.
1. No, but it might be. And we shouldn't assume we'll have access to healing magic immediately upon descending, though it is possible.
2. Are we strong enough to do so?
3. Those were all weapons and basic tools. We've never bloodshaped advanced tools. before.
1a. Why assume that we will? And how many times have we confronted a threat we couldn't just run away from, anyways?
1b. Um...yes, we will. We have a secret weapon. *pats Cherish on the head*
2. We don't need to be--the jetpack (or whatever) is doing the lifting.
3. You were complaining about complexity, not variety. And as far as that goes...we bloodshaped a headband, we're obviously not restricted to arms and armor.

None of which are at all promising.
How so?
I've been explaining for pages why it wouldn't work.

You assume in both cases. What if other Siblings can't be switched to, or if wherever Rilitia is she can't be switched to, or if whatever took her separated her from our Astral Influx list, or if we lost contact with the AI switching list after dunking in the water (that time everyone forgot about us and wandered off), or something like that?
Then we don't really lose anything for trying, unless we wait until we're in danger or something, which wasn't what I was suggesting.
True. But if it doesn't work, we need to decide what to do instead; we can't rely on the "Switch to Rilitia" plan.
Although I fear that by saying so, we'll switch to Rilitia and discover that we did lose something. I'm not sure what to expect; maybe Rilitia would control Ciro's body, or we will be chained to a wall and unable to switch back, or something.

I can't help but notice that no one has.
That doesn't mean nobody will, especially if we spend a bit of time trying out other tactics before descending.
To try other tactics, we have to get new places. To get new places, we have to go through the dragon, walls, or other impassable barriers. And moreover, we would have even more tactics to try on the new level.
And I refuse to agree to anything that hasn't been suggested yet.

We haven't seen CC in ages, man. He's not likely to be here. Ask Cherish about Cool Crab if you must know. He was last seen with her and Proxxy.
...I wonder if they just got a hankering for seafood.
Cool Crab is on this floor, almost certainly. When asked, Cherish said he wandered off near the stairs. I doubt he would leave the floor. Remember, much of the floor is still unexplored.
And which way and how far did he go?
And why the heck is Cool Crab so important that you'd risk Al for him? Forget for a moment that Al is a terrible terrible person.

!!! The Lord is the title the Angel's have used for their leader thingy. The guy from the old flash game has been mentioned many times as an angel in training. And from what he saw he was being trained by Betweenford! Clearly he's been given an assignment.

EDIT: Also Spira said she was holding onto the Rainbow Key for said Angel in training.
Hm. Yeah, this theory is pretty inescapable.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10141 on: November 20, 2013, 08:58:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Let's put these in spoilers from now on.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 09:01:04 pm by Elephant Parade »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10142 on: November 20, 2013, 09:06:00 pm »

Edit: Let's put these in spoilers from now on.
Not a terrible idea.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10143 on: November 20, 2013, 09:29:30 pm »

First things first.
FFS, could we have a super-mini update where we ask the angel how ascending through the Drop works? Because if so, this debate will pretty much be made redundant by new information if we scope out the fourth floor.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10144 on: November 20, 2013, 09:30:49 pm »

Buying magic juice is out, since Oric absconded.  We could always see if he left any wares unattended, though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10145 on: November 20, 2013, 09:39:42 pm »

First things first.
FFS, could we have a super-mini update where we ask the angel how ascending through the Drop works? Because if so, this debate will pretty much be made redundant by new information if we scope out the fourth floor.
IFF this is an option, +1. While I hope it is, I doubt it. A lot. freeform is stingy with explaining how things work until it's too late.

P.S. "Iff" is actually a word. It means "if and only if".
Sig

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10146 on: November 20, 2013, 10:02:56 pm »

IFF this is an option, +1. While I hope it is, I doubt it. A lot. freeform is stingy with explaining how things work until it's too late.
Well, we're actually asking a character who will probably answer. Of course, depending on why FFS isn't updating, this might not be possible.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10147 on: November 20, 2013, 10:11:31 pm »

First things first.

You successfully discern literally zero useful information from anything he/she just said.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10148 on: November 20, 2013, 10:12:52 pm »

Oh hai five pages of suggestions.

Well.

-1 to the Drop for the pure and simple reason that there is still loot on this floor. Loot is power, and gaining loot is the only way to gain power. More importantly, we don't know if we can come back. We haven't been able to travel to a previously explored dungeon floor before, so there is literally zero precedent for backtracking.

However, -1 to engaging the Stone dragon. Quite frankly that plan is kinda dumb, requires the Hellyfish to not join in on killing us, and is more than likely to get people killed. We don't have a lot of health right now to screw around with.

The Stone Lazer Dragon is at (5,1), so exploration into (4,2) is out. That leaves two options for further exploration.

1- Underwater! We could try to steal/shenanigan the rainbow key from Spira to take off after Riltia, or we could head back to (6,3) and go West Underwater, which we haven't seen at all yet.

2- The Warp Room! The Warp presumably costs Soul Charge to activate, and may lead away from this floor entirely, but the advantage it possesses over the Drop is that it is definitely two-way. Even if it just takes us back to D:2, we'll at least be able to heal up and be in top combat shape to take on the Stone Lazer Dragon.

I am in favor of both of these options before any other proposed plan, though if I have to give a tiebreaker, Underwater first.

You successfully discern literally zero useful information from anything he/she just said.

Ha! That's what YOU think! Gimme a minute...

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10149 on: November 20, 2013, 10:14:14 pm »

Oh hey, I forgot the warp room existed. +1 to warp room. Having more options is always good.

Also, I think the watchers competing thing is poking fun at the ongoing debate. The rest of the comment is probably more of the same, though it might have some meaning.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10150 on: November 20, 2013, 10:14:59 pm »

Damned Angels man.... Betting on how much time we'll waste falling.

Oric should illegalize gambling......

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10151 on: November 20, 2013, 10:18:40 pm »

Well, we're actually asking a character who will probably answer. Of course, depending on why FFS isn't updating, this might not be possible.
Well, you (:hopefully)) know what I mean.

Multiple ninja. Wow.

Oh hey, I forgot the warp room existed. +1 to warp room. Having more options is always good.
...Oh yeah. +1.

Also, I think the watchers competing thing is poking fun at the ongoing debate. The rest of the comment is probably more of the same, though it might have some meaning.
Duh, duh, and duh.
Sig

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10152 on: November 20, 2013, 10:29:18 pm »

(Responses)
Waiting to continue the debate until we go through the portal.

Duh, duh, and duh.

I was responding to monk12's post.

hellyfish thing
Misread your post. I didn't notice the "more."

Edit:

then why did cc wander off
...I actually said that. In brackets. Right after I said he might want to rejoin, which was really only there for completion.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 10:31:45 pm by Elephant Parade »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10153 on: November 20, 2013, 10:39:48 pm »

Duh, duh, and duh.
I was responding to monk12's post.
So?

then why did cc wander off
...I actually said that. In brackets. Right after I said he might want to rejoin, which was really only there for completion.
...Maybe I should stop trying to debate when I should probably be catching up on sleep.
Sig

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #10154 on: November 20, 2013, 11:01:56 pm »

I'm gonna say -1 to jumping which is a terrible idea until this level has been looted. We might need to get rid of the stone dragon.

Do we even know that it's still in there? Who knows, the trap might have despawned it.
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 1544