Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3738313 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Show Must Go On
« Reply #10155 on: November 20, 2013, 11:49:05 pm »

What was the rock paper scissor element system again?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10157 on: November 21, 2013, 12:45:06 am »

Oh hey, I forgot the Warp Room too.

Unvote my own plan, +1 Warp Room.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10158 on: November 21, 2013, 12:48:42 am »

Insult Circuitrix over the fact that he just rhymed the word point with itself.

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10159 on: November 21, 2013, 07:54:17 am »

Seems like Drop Fall is special event with its own rules. Probably a minigame. We could get out something valuable from it, despite Circuitrix snark. Maybe. Probably.

After reading further discussion, there are my pluses:
+1 to any exploring of DL3 under condition of not engaging dragon (at least not in traditional combat and I would prefer to avoid confrontation with it as long as possible in any case). Maybe we will find somehting helpful.
I remind again about +1 to checking that menu unlocked by spirit duel. People, call it en masse, otherwise FFS will ignore it again.
Failing that all above, my +1 to Drop and -1 to direct combat with Stone Dragon still stands.

Do we even know that it's still in there? Who knows, the trap might have despawned it.
Riiiight. Wanna bet?
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10160 on: November 21, 2013, 08:22:26 am »

Let's go to the warp

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10161 on: November 21, 2013, 08:34:07 am »

Oh hey, there was a mini-update last night.
+1. Ask what his mentor would say.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10162 on: November 21, 2013, 09:57:46 am »

+1

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10163 on: November 21, 2013, 12:05:41 pm »

+1
You guys really want to get another Spira-like teethy face, huh.
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10164 on: November 21, 2013, 01:08:49 pm »

+1
You guys really want to get another Spira-like teethy face, huh.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to another nightmare face so soon.

And Circuitrix's mini-update made him sound a bit impatient with us, so yeah time to leave him alone.

I think we need to start thinking a bit more cleverly in this dungeon. I liked the idea of attempting to beat the dragon with strategy.

Are the spirit's considered magic? We can try filling Goombess's jar with water and splash it with it.

Alternatively we could...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL2DWAHOs_U

It may be crazy enough to work.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10165 on: November 21, 2013, 02:30:57 pm »

-1 to warping.
Because I've just realised that to carry on exploring we don't have to actually fight the dragon.
'Fleeing' doesn't require a roll, right? So why don't we just 'flee' into the laser dragon room, then 'flee' out of it again, continuing our journey?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10166 on: November 21, 2013, 02:35:24 pm »

-1 to warping.
Because I've just realised that to carry on exploring we don't have to actually fight the dragon.
'Fleeing' doesn't require a roll, right? So why don't we just 'flee' into the laser dragon room, then 'flee' out of it again, continuing our journey?

Hey, I didn't think of that. Darn, that would actually work so long as the door wasn't being physically blocked by stray monsters or anything really unlikely like that. Quality strategizing!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10167 on: November 21, 2013, 02:35:41 pm »

-1 to warping.

Because it gets at least one attack against us.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10168 on: November 21, 2013, 02:49:26 pm »

-1 to warping.

The thinking is that the Dragon will get a free shot at us, and Dragon Lazers are theorized to be powerful enough to kill somebody (as we are in a weakened state and low on healz.) Thus, most of the Dragon-related suggestions involve trying to tank, which is difficult because we lack a means to force the Dragon to only attack one specific person (Al, whose abilities make him the best option for tankery.) I guess, maybe tactical combat could do it? I'd still prefer the Warp myself.

EDIT: NINJAS!

-1 to warping.

Hey, I didn't think of that. Darn, that would actually work so long as the door wasn't being physically blocked by stray monsters or anything really unlikely like that. Quality strategizing!

I was going to cite the flight from the Searchbots, but evidently they had engaged us in melee at that time, so weren't physically guarding the door. Whups!

While I was looking through the archives for that, though, I stumbled across this. It's when we ran into the teleporter the first time, and had that funny feeling like when we were "waiting on Slog." Having since found another Teleporter and come up with the theory that we need Soul Charge to activate them, I wonder if that means the key to reviving Slog is pumping the LCSS with Soul Charge... I hope the Warp takes us somewhere we can get back to the Greens!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10169 on: November 21, 2013, 02:53:30 pm »

-1 to warping.

To pause the game and safely talk between yourselves, you must initiate Tactical Persuasion. Initiate Tactical Persuasion Y/N?

Solution: tactically persuade Hellyfish to get out of way between entering & exiting (assuming all T.P. is paused, which this implies.

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 1544