Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3727505 times)

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Show Must Go On
« Reply #10275 on: November 23, 2013, 11:42:32 pm »

That perspective only applies if you're allied to Oric, and reinforces my position. If you're opposed to Oric, or in a position where you're likely to be opposed to him, you'd know more about your more immediate foes than Oric's love interest and her brethren who explicitly run the mechanics behind the scenes.
Don't be absurd. If the hypothetical Sean-Connery-badass-rules-ignoring-CIA-agent-cum-President ran as a Republican, even the Democrat women would be all over him. It just enhances the "bad boy" factor.
The first response I came up with could get into political arguments, so I won't actually post it.  BUT KNOW THAT I THOUGHT IT.
Considering that I was basically talking about a bad-boy-er James Bond existing and becoming President of the United States, you might have been taking this too seriously...
Out of curiosity, would it have been better if I reversed the political parties?
My response stems from my being Canadian and our views on American politics, and was also a joke.  However, since political arguments are never entertaining for anyone other than the people arguing...

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10276 on: November 23, 2013, 11:43:58 pm »

Seems like communication between Siblings, Oric and rest of Warrens is pretty important plot point. Hell, they have good idea of where we are and what we are doing. Partially because we use scanner
I kind of wonder what would happen if we put the Polar Eye into the water. My guess is that it would just stop functioning.
Oooh, we should test the Polar Eye on the Young Hellyfish!
Didn't we almost lose our party last time we spent that much time in the water?

This time we stipulate that everyone follows us into the water. We hold hands and jump together or something. No assuming they'll follow just because they're in the Party, the water seems to do weird things to that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10277 on: November 23, 2013, 11:47:06 pm »

That perspective only applies if you're allied to Oric, and reinforces my position. If you're opposed to Oric, or in a position where you're likely to be opposed to him, you'd know more about your more immediate foes than Oric's love interest and her brethren who explicitly run the mechanics behind the scenes.
Don't be absurd. If the hypothetical Sean-Connery-badass-rules-ignoring-CIA-agent-cum-President ran as a Republican, even the Democrat women would be all over him. It just enhances the "bad boy" factor.
The first response I came up with could get into political arguments, so I won't actually post it.  BUT KNOW THAT I THOUGHT IT.
Considering that I was basically talking about a bad-boy-er James Bond existing and becoming President of the United States, you might have been taking this too seriously...
Out of curiosity, would it have been better if I reversed the political parties?
My response stems from my being Canadian and our views on American politics, and was also a joke.  However, since political arguments are never entertaining for anyone other than the people arguing...
Whatever your views on American politics are, they couldn't be more caustic than my views of American politics. Unless you think something like "the Democrats are lead by Stalin's ghost and the Republicans are lead by Hitler's ghost".
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10278 on: November 23, 2013, 11:47:37 pm »

+1

Speaking of which, did we ever ask Goom-bess about Young Hellyfish?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10279 on: November 23, 2013, 11:47:53 pm »

Whatever your views on American politics are, they couldn't be more caustic than my views of American politics. Unless you think something like "the Democrats are lead by Stalin's ghost and the Republicans are lead by Hitler's ghost".
...Wrong thread?

Edit: Looked more closely at pyramid.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 11:49:36 pm by Elephant Parade »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10280 on: November 23, 2013, 11:48:42 pm »

...wrong thread?
Yeah, we're getting a bit off-topic.

Let's just say that politics are screwy and leave it at that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10281 on: November 23, 2013, 11:48:52 pm »

+1

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10282 on: November 23, 2013, 11:53:15 pm »

((Are you also an American?))
Sig

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10283 on: November 23, 2013, 11:55:20 pm »

+1

Speaking of which, did we ever ask Goom-bess about Young Hellyfish?

No, but that's mostly because we freaked out about how she wandered away with the rest of the party before we surfaced again. Hopefully our next underwater foray will go better due to precautions.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10284 on: November 24, 2013, 01:26:11 am »

I considered making a Tattle Table in the OP, but that would just mean more spoiler bloat. If anyone wanted to create and maintain one, I'd happily link it from the first post for reference.
I think I will add it to my list of minitips, which is linked in my sig.
That's a project for tomorrow morning, though.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10285 on: November 24, 2013, 11:50:37 am »

Anyone remember the stuffed cat? Do we still have it?
Because it was useless, so we can probably use it as a reagent.

+1 get Al's soul star and give it to him. Al does pose and shout thing to make fancy weapon.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10286 on: November 24, 2013, 11:55:08 am »

+1 get Al's soul star and give it to him. Al does pose and shout thing to make fancy weapon.
We can't, the storage disappeared

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10287 on: November 24, 2013, 02:00:07 pm »

Well, I have discovered something.
Whether Goombess ever tattled on the baby hellyfish or not is irreverent, she never tattled on the full sized ones, either.
Or on Chink or the stone dragon.
We did scan Chink, but we didn't get a tattle on him.

In fact, as far as I can find, there have only ever been 7 tattles so far. And one of those was DL2, and we haven't got DL3.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 02:02:33 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10288 on: November 24, 2013, 02:20:53 pm »

Hm. True.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 1544