Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3741632 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: TVTropes page could always use work
« Reply #11025 on: January 17, 2014, 07:17:25 pm »

Again, omnirange. We'll just die.
I do not recall anything about it locking onto single targets and attacking them relentlessly until slain. If you do, you should probably dig up the tattle for it, because that would be important to know.

*cough*index*cough*

Anywho, yeah, that's a strong thing we just aggro'd, particularly since the damage on that strike appears to be 2d4 (minimum, could be even worse.) I say fuck this room, everyone flee East! Ciro, grab the superflask on the way!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11026 on: January 17, 2014, 07:25:06 pm »

If Ciro has more HP than Al, she's actually probably better suited to the powerslide. Lemme just start over:

Goom-bess: Retreat to the other side of the room
Ciro: Grab the hardhat, powerslide in to shotgun the Burro
Al: Follow Ciro in, hack/bash apart the tentacle when it goes for Ciro.
Cherish: Complain that you still don't have a new weapon, punch tentacle with Al anyway.

Anywho, yeah, that's a strong thing we just aggro'd, particularly since the damage on that strike appears to be 2d4 (minimum, could be even worse.) I say fuck this room, everyone flee East! Ciro, grab the superflask on the way!
I'm certainly not opposed to this either, but we might want to make absolutely certain we nab the hats as well. I don't trust relying on them still being listed in our inventory when they're sitting on the floor like that.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #11027 on: January 17, 2014, 07:33:34 pm »

While it technically caused the creature to attack us (which is terrible), I'm quite happy I was correct that it was indeed what I thought it was: non-magical fusion.

To bad it was single use. We shoulda put better stuff in it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11028 on: January 17, 2014, 07:42:32 pm »

While it technically caused the creature to attack us (which is terrible), I'm quite happy I was correct that it was indeed what I thought it was: non-magical fusion.

I'm assuming it was, but we don't know for certain that it was single use. Could reset when we take the flask off.

Also now that I remember, what was with the voice in our head? Anyone know anything?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11029 on: January 17, 2014, 07:48:10 pm »

I'm assuming it was, but we don't know for certain that it was single use. Could reset when we take the flask off.

Also now that I remember, what was with the voice in our head? Anyone know anything?
It's almost certainly the guy from the intermission.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11030 on: January 17, 2014, 07:49:24 pm »

I think it identified itself as Cain. To the index I go.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11031 on: January 17, 2014, 07:54:29 pm »

It's almost certainly the guy from the intermission.
I think it identified itself as Cain. To the index I go.
Now I remember, vaguely. When we first got here it chatted us up a bit, then went quiet.

Fascinating.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11032 on: January 17, 2014, 08:08:07 pm »

Pick those hats back up, grab the flask, flee east. Yell at the strange voice to shut up we need a key. Pray to Lichenstien that there's a storage or warp/save point on the other side of the door.

If there's a warp/save point, save immediately and use it to go back to the underside, where hopefully the Burro will lose track of Goombess's vibes for a second.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11033 on: January 17, 2014, 08:18:46 pm »

Pick those hats back up, grab the flask, flee east. Yell at the strange voice to shut up we need a key. Pray to Lichenstien that there's a storage or warp/save point on the other side of the door.

If there's a warp/save point, save immediately and use it to go back to the underside, where hopefully the Burro will lose track of Goombess's vibes for a second.

+1, though I imagine "omnirange" doesn't mean "any room anywhere."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11034 on: January 17, 2014, 08:21:50 pm »

+1, though I imagine "omnirange" doesn't mean "any room anywhere."
Same, but people have been treating it as if it is, so I took that into account in case it does.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Underwater segments now in 3D!
« Reply #11035 on: January 17, 2014, 08:28:19 pm »

Okay, I can't dig anything up. Monk's index says that Cain contacted us, and a few posts after we first hear the "signal" Monk refers to the voice as Cain. In the Sinful Intermission, Cain DOES speak in the same color as the signal, though, so it's fairly likely, but it could be FFS trolling us. He IS the Lying Creator, after all.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11036 on: January 17, 2014, 08:31:19 pm »

Okay, I can't dig anything up. Monk's index says that Cain contacted us, and a few posts after we first hear the "signal" Monk refers to the voice as Cain. In the Sinful Intermission, Cain DOES speak in the same color as the signal, though, so it's fairly likely, but it could be FFS trolling us. He IS the Lying Creator, after all.
Especially since he chose green to troll us in the first place; Cain's true color is purple.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11037 on: January 17, 2014, 08:38:07 pm »

Especially since he chose green to troll us in the first place; Cain's true color is purple.

This is an EXCELLENT catch.  Whose color is green?  The only green we've seen is Al, and that wouldn't make much sense considering he's standing right there.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11038 on: January 17, 2014, 08:41:54 pm »

Pretty much everything points to the voice being Cain, since it mentions being chained and all. The only other possibility I can think of is the deadly beast of doom (which might be Cain) imitating Cain in hopes of tricking us to free it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11039 on: January 17, 2014, 08:46:59 pm »

This is an EXCELLENT catch.  Whose color is green?  The only green we've seen is Al, and that wouldn't make much sense considering he's standing right there.
*GASP* Al was Oric all along! Insert vicious Shyamalan joke here

My current theory is that the energy of his cell is green, and he's talking to us using it or through it or with it still running, so his voice is green. It's certainly not the only explanation, though, and I'm definitely wary of somebody trying to feed us to Cain or lure us into a box.

Not that Cain wouldn't try to lure us in to eat us all on his own anyway, mind you.
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 1544