Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 764 765 [766] 767 768 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3732959 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #11475 on: February 17, 2014, 10:28:07 am »

Especially since we're not actually sure Haria exists.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11476 on: February 17, 2014, 10:37:50 am »

But if it does exist; and is not just a preprogrammed respawn memory, or a figment of Al/Slog's imagination. Then the King of Haria has probably died by now; assuming he isn't immortal or the flow of time is constant between Haria and the Warrens'

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11477 on: February 17, 2014, 11:24:13 am »

The Warrens is connected to a multiverse. We know this from the arena and the mercenaries, but our new ally mentions a golden gate similar to the one Al used to enter the Warrens.

The Warrens is growing and is violating other universes in doing so. Not just Haria. As it is doing so it creates more and more Illborn from the creatures that get caught. The lights in the abyss kind of remind me of Slog's essence that he left behind when he died. So maybe we're seeing Illbirth... the lights going out are creatures that are becoming Illborn.

The Fusion Guy mentioned that in order to experiment on Illborn to make them whole (or something) we need a Binding and an Essence.

Now my theory here is, the Binding is the broken Soul Star. Empty and Powerless. When an Illborn dies it can leave behind an Essence if it has regained a certain amount of Soul Charge. Hence is why some Illborn have normalish forms. They have begun to rebuild their Essence, but to restore their True Self their Binding must be re-energized with their Essence to bring back a proper Soul Star.

When we fixed Riltia... wait... FFS once said that we never had Riltia's Soul Star and then immediately after said we always had it. When we fixed Riltia... she had her Binding on her! She has her Soul Star, but isn't aware of it... Maybe Riltia never had her star removed... Ciro pumped in Soul Charge which both restored Riltia's Essence which in turn brought her Binding back to life as a Soul Star.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11478 on: February 17, 2014, 12:21:50 pm »

Or ffs screwed up and we either did or did not have Riltia's soul star.

Or Riltia has a Schrodinger's Soul Star.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11479 on: February 17, 2014, 12:40:26 pm »

The Warrens is connected to a multiverse. We know this from the arena and the mercenaries, but our new ally mentions a golden gate similar to the one Al used to enter the Warrens.

The Warrens is growing and is violating other universes in doing so. Not just Haria. As it is doing so it creates more and more Illborn from the creatures that get caught. The lights in the abyss kind of remind me of Slog's essence that he left behind when he died. So maybe we're seeing Illbirth... the lights going out are creatures that are becoming Illborn.

The Fusion Guy mentioned that in order to experiment on Illborn to make them whole (or something) we need a Binding and an Essence.

Now my theory here is, the Binding is the broken Soul Star. Empty and Powerless. When an Illborn dies it can leave behind an Essence if it has regained a certain amount of Soul Charge. Hence is why some Illborn have normalish forms. They have begun to rebuild their Essence, but to restore their True Self their Binding must be re-energized with their Essence to bring back a proper Soul Star.

When we fixed Riltia... wait... FFS once said that we never had Riltia's Soul Star and then immediately after said we always had it. When we fixed Riltia... she had her Binding on her! She has her Soul Star, but isn't aware of it... Maybe Riltia never had her star removed... Ciro pumped in Soul Charge which both restored Riltia's Essence which in turn brought her Binding back to life as a Soul Star.
I had the notion that the soul star itself would break apart.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Theorycraft; the fairies are soul binding, eating the fairies gives soul charge.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:00:26 pm by javierpwn »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11480 on: February 17, 2014, 04:34:15 pm »

REMOVED/REDACTED BECAUSE HORRIBLY WRONG
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 05:59:51 pm by javierpwn »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11481 on: February 17, 2014, 04:38:51 pm »

I still highly doubt he's the lord
It's FEF, not FEOF

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Minus slowly progressing :I
« Reply #11482 on: February 17, 2014, 04:55:13 pm »

Seems you would be right.
Although my Oric being he King stuff is pretty good. Time for my next best guess.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11483 on: February 17, 2014, 04:59:27 pm »

But FFS confirmed that to be Oric, just using his early design. Didn't he?
It's FEF, not FEOF

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: ....
« Reply #11484 on: February 17, 2014, 05:03:54 pm »

But FFS confirmed that to be Oric, just using his early design. Didn't he?
Oric himself went through many, many concept sketches before settling on the design we saw when we first met him. The sketch you see above was his design for a long time: a parallel of Ciro, withered and cynical, hooked up to some kind of large mechanism through a series of wires. This is the design we saw back during Riltia's death: a very ambiguous figure with either some sort of braided ponytail or wires off the back of his/her head. As I didn't want to make this even more confusing than it already is, this design was partially recycled for Oric's right-hand assistant, Spira.[/spoiler]
I'm going to find evidence for the ambiguous figure that has wings, didn't always rhyme, was strong enough to mess with the cycles, was going against Oric, and corrupted the Reverent Savior

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11485 on: February 17, 2014, 05:59:21 pm »

LET'S HOPE I GOT THIS RIGHT
Feel free to critique!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:30:45 am by javierpwn »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11486 on: February 17, 2014, 06:06:15 pm »

I wonder if the goal is not to break the cycle, but to protect the cycle.

I think that might actually be the case.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11487 on: February 17, 2014, 10:10:30 pm »

The true goal of the Warrens' is to figure out why the AngelInTraining has a tiara as his symbol when he's a guy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11488 on: February 17, 2014, 11:20:48 pm »

I wonder if the goal is not to break the cycle, but to protect the cycle.

I think that might actually be the case.

The true goal of the Warrens' is to figure out why the AngelInTraining has a tiara as his symbol when he's a guy.
Guys can wear tiaras, too, if they either lived in a time when such things weren't exclusively associated with small girls and/or were able to order the execution of anyone who mocked them.
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11489 on: February 18, 2014, 08:19:20 am »

Inb4 said Angel kills Oric for mocking his Tiara

Edit:I still have that Angel as the picture for The King; I need to change it to Oric
EditEdit:Fixed
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:33:18 am by javierpwn »
Pages: 1 ... 764 765 [766] 767 768 ... 1544