Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3741304 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: TVTropes page could always use work
« Reply #12030 on: March 04, 2014, 03:49:26 pm »

--Stop screwing around and get over here! If anyone else catches my signals, they'll seal my door for sure. Were my magic not suppressed, I'd give you shock for disobedience!--

--HURRY UP AND GET TO THE BOSS ROOM, IDIOT. They could intercept any one of these signals and seal me off for the rest of the dungeon! Surely you've got the Floor Key by now, right?--

Also, the "Decisions, Decisions" thread topic for a while.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: "Home" again
« Reply #12031 on: March 04, 2014, 03:49:44 pm »

Cain made frequent allusions to the fact that it won't be long before he is detected and locked down again.  That means we only have a certain amount of time with which to reach him.
Oh... for some reason I read it in the other post as "Oric"...

Yeah, I was forgetting that. Maybe we should finish the micromanagement and go get Cain before it's too late.
That said, -1 to slog-related actions. At least yet.
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12032 on: March 04, 2014, 03:50:42 pm »

Hence why I want to hit the high points and get back to DL3 instead of exploring Outer Underside and all that.

I do think it's worth the time to head back to the DL2 boss room and see if those stairs down still exist.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12033 on: March 04, 2014, 03:51:51 pm »

Didn't it seal as soon as we stepped into DL3?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12034 on: March 04, 2014, 03:56:10 pm »

The bottom did.  I'm curious what happened at the top.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12035 on: March 04, 2014, 04:03:04 pm »

Not sure why we're terribly worried about Cain.

Either it's video gaming convention where Marle is dying in front of us but we can leave the castle, go farm up a theoretically high number of monsters, and then come back after about 2 months of in-game time and she'll still be waiting to finish the cutscene with us in it, or it isn't and we've lost our opportunity to do what Cain wants us to do, nevermind that we still aren't committed to helping Cain and haven't had any indication that Cain is either the key to conquering the Warrens or that he has our interests in mind.  All we really know is that Cain kills siblings and hates Oric.  The enemy of my enemy is not my friend.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #12036 on: March 04, 2014, 04:04:46 pm »

Things I would much rather see than Cain.

(Roll: 19, 2) (Roll: 16, 1) Al and Cherish charge the entrapped beast, dishing out damage from both sides. (Roll: 8!) The non-entangled searchbot seems distracted by something one screen over.
I want to see what was able to distract a Searchbot from FULLONMURDERSPREE.
Much more interesting and possibly Angel-related than Cain.

1. Circuitrix refers to the off-limits area under the Underside - the Belowside - as The Deep. The map lists it as the Depths. The Deep is of huge significance to a plot thread that probably won't be discovered for at least several months. I could be lying about this.
2. Assuming the text in the map refers to locations in their horizontal and vertical placement, the light shining in the greens comes from an area above simply titled "??????????"
3. The area west of the Greens entrance is not mapped out yet. You'll need a way to either fix the bridge or cast Windirection successfully without rolling a one and flying into acid.
Note the fact that we don't need to roll for targeting ourselves for levitation.(anymore). WE MUST SEE THE ???????? AREA! WE CAN LEVITATE!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 04:07:37 pm by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12037 on: March 04, 2014, 04:10:56 pm »

How is this in any way an either/or thing?

Note the fact that we don't need to roll for targeting ourselves for levitation.(anymore). WE MUST SEE THE ???????? AREA! WE CAN LEVITATE!
We can go there after Cain. If it's gone by then, it'll probably be gone by now.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12038 on: March 04, 2014, 04:14:56 pm »

We can go there after Cain. If it's gone by then, it'll probably be gone by now.
+1

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12039 on: March 04, 2014, 04:17:20 pm »

This.  The odds that it's still there are extremely minimal- this ship has long sailed.

or cast Windirection successfully without rolling a one and flying into acid.

Rolling on a friendly targeting spell!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12040 on: March 04, 2014, 04:18:51 pm »

This.  The odds that it's still there are extremely minimal- this ship has long sailed.
Unless it's stationary or has a home there, in which case it's not going anywhere.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12041 on: March 04, 2014, 04:19:47 pm »

I'd argue that, this being based on video games, the lockdown would occur right after Ciro enters the boss room. Plot time and all that.

If this wasn't FFS running the game. I mean, heck, I'd gladly miss the deadline just to see how he rerails this, but he'd probably screw us ten times over if we'd do it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12042 on: March 04, 2014, 04:20:00 pm »

Because every single time we've seen a searchbot it was concerned only with three things....
Searching, attacking, and guarding. It's directives.

Seeing a searchbot become distracted from this directive must have taken something impressive.

It's still there I recall. And it's been there long enough for a tree and grass to grow.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12043 on: March 04, 2014, 04:33:33 pm »

How do you know the thing in the room we've never seen is still there?

Also, at some point FFS mentioned we were going to have to make decisions right about now that would lock out certain plot possibilities.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12044 on: March 04, 2014, 04:39:41 pm »

How do you know the thing in the room we've never seen is still there?

Also, at some point FFS mentioned we were going to have to make decisions right about now that would lock out certain plot possibilities.
It's causing light to rain down upon the greens.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(one time wrought eye gives life)

and those decisions involve either visiting Cain, or seeing whatever is in the OuterUnderside/DL1-2
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 1544