Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 805 806 [807] 808 809 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3696514 times)

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: RETURN OF THE BLORBLE
« Reply #12090 on: March 04, 2014, 06:02:22 pm »

As far as actions go, Check the Astral Influx's menu to see just how much soul charge was used.

EDIT:
Also, why isn't Cain's music in the OST yet? I remember seeing a post by FFS with it in some page...
Found it. The page I found it on, however, says it's a preview.

Oh, that explains it.

Also, +1 to checking our soul charge.
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12091 on: March 04, 2014, 06:04:02 pm »

Also, FFS:  Do we get a prize for Theorycraft #3 or did we run out of time on it?
I mean, it has been said multiple times; just needed a final piece/examination.
BUT WHAT IS TEH RERWAD FOR TEH WINRAR

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12092 on: March 04, 2014, 06:07:28 pm »

I somehow completely missed that entire update until after FFS started with the theorycrafting answer.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12093 on: March 04, 2014, 06:07:57 pm »

Also, FFS:  Do we get a prize for Theorycraft #3 or did we run out of time on it?
I mean, it has been said multiple times; just needed a final piece/examination.
BUT WHAT IS TEH RERWAD FOR TEH WINRAR
Is it to use Proxxy's computer to post in The Warrens of Oric The Awesome and create an infinite loop...
...in a parallel universe?

No, seriously, FFS could show us an animation of that happening. Not as the reward, though. I expect the reward to be something more useful.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:11:12 pm by ShadowStrike »
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12094 on: March 04, 2014, 06:12:01 pm »

While we're on a roll, let's move on to #4: Why does Oric want the Target dead?

Well, does he? We know that a) Ciro is the target, and b) that Oric has met Ciro multiple times and thus had the ability to kill hir whenever he wanted (as evidenced by his casual attack on their first meeting).
So it's safe to say that he just doesn't want hir dead. He either wants the siblings in specific to kill hir, or he wants hir to be killed in a certain way.

We also know that the Siblings (but probably not Oric) have been resurrected multiple times, most definitively once every cycle. Since we now know what the soul stars are (damn you QB!), we can also safely say that every Sibling has one (presumably looking exactly like the icons during the intermission). So, who revives them? Oric? The angels? Somebody else I didn't notice in my notorious lack of attention to detail? Also why, of course. They all have to be alive for something. Including Ciro, which only further confirms that just having hir dead is not what Oric wants (unless they're being revived against his will, which given his attitude, as mentioned, seems unlikely).

I actually forgot where I was going with this. But I think either Oric's antagonism is just a way to get Ciro motivated and have hir become stronger through the challenges, or he wants hir to die in a fashion that leaves neither a soul star for resurrection nor a willborn because why the fuck. Cain mentioned that Ciro is the one who changes the most. That is probably the attribute that makes hir the perfect target. Or something. I pretty much just guessed  during those last few sentences.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12095 on: March 04, 2014, 06:27:31 pm »

I know less of what's going on right now then I did about Homestuck before I started reading it.
Black lives matter.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12096 on: March 04, 2014, 06:29:29 pm »

Yeah, me too, but that's because I don't have a long term memory.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12097 on: March 04, 2014, 06:29:43 pm »

I know less of what's going on right now then I did about Homestuck before I started reading it.
That happens a lot, I've found.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: "Home" again
« Reply #12098 on: March 04, 2014, 06:46:03 pm »

I want to see what was able to distract a Searchbot from FULLONMURDERSPREE.
Much more interesting and possibly Angel-related than Cain.
How is this in any way an either/or thing?
Because every single time we've seen a searchbot it was concerned only with three things....
Searching, attacking, and guarding. It's directives.

Seeing a searchbot become distracted from this directive must have taken something impressive.
1. Rear guard.
2. Searching behind him.
3. How does this answer my question?

We can go there after Cain. If it's gone by then, it'll probably be gone by now.
This.  The odds that it's still there are extremely minimal- this ship has long sailed.
It's still there I recall. And it's been there long enough for a tree and grass to grow.
The place is. The being? Well, either it is and will be, barring catastrophe, or it's already gone.

and those decisions involve either visiting Cain, or seeing whatever is in the OuterUnderside/DL1-2
Actually, it's either Cain, or something somewhere else but we have no evidence for that being the case.

Sure.

Consider this: if it's going to be locked off, who's to say we're not gonna be locked in there ourselves?
Why would we be, and why would we want to allow ourselves to be? There is no scenario where both of these issues with your plan have a satisfactory answer.

Ciro's bleeding again. Related to the Megaman bleeding, or (blood-)red herring?
Dang, beaten to the punch. With the theory AND the confirmation. Lord damn it.

If she doesn't, that may be an indicator that misusing a soul star equals using it for something it wasn't made for. Since her's appears to be attuned to healing, and Ciro's isn't, Ciro would be hurt by using hers to revive something.
Entirely plausible.

Wait a minute! If Ciro took Slog's essence off (she replaced it with her soul star) and Slog is alive, that means Slog doesn't have his own essence inside himself anymore, right?
Or it means that Ciro is now in Slog's body, Ciro's body is empty, and I will be very angry at you Slogites.

Perhaps Cherish, or her soul star, or something we haven't yet figured out is somehow exempt from the cycles of the Warrens governing the place?
Quite possible.

Or perhaps the names are just bits of flavor text with no particular meaning FFS put on to troll us into trying to find meaning in them?
Also possible, especially since the Influx was made in the pre-thinking stage of TWoOtA.

Aaand that's enough theorycrafting for now.
Near-certain.

We also know that the Siblings (but probably not Oric) have been resurrected multiple times, most definitively once every cycle.
Citation?

Also why, of course. They all have to be alive for something. Including Ciro, which only further confirms that just having hir dead is not what Oric wants (unless they're being revived against his will, which given his attitude, as mentioned, seems unlikely).
Indeed.

I actually forgot where I was going with this.

Now for theorycrafting of my own!

Al and Cherish: Undo those second shifts. It wastes inventory spaces and takes away the flair when we use them when we actually need it.
We still need to find out what the Catalyst does in its normal form btw. Maybe after the joyful reunion we should have Cherish enter random commands-
I just had a nasty thought of what may have just happened
scan ciro with Polar Eye
I am so happy, you don't even know.

SMASH THE GLASS ALREADY!
No, try opening it without wrecking the machine, first.
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #12099 on: March 04, 2014, 06:56:44 pm »

If Goombess is yet to meet Slog, calibrate shipping grid.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12100 on: March 04, 2014, 06:58:34 pm »

We also know that the Siblings (but probably not Oric) have been resurrected multiple times, most definitively once every cycle.
Citation?

Cain mentions some of the Siblings changing, which can either be done by resurrection or buying class/gender-changes from a shopkeeper. What we've seen/heard of 'em doesn't look like any of them are the type to waste time or money on such frivolities willingly. Ciro herself has been confirmed to have been resurrected multiple times before (and after her resurrection mentions Riltia being supposed to be right next to her). Not to mention this reply to the suggestion of murdering bluelet here, so that's another resurrection confirmed. (Then again, she may not be a Sibling.)

E: Actually she looks the same in the flashback and the past present (temporal wtf). Pretty sure she's Floe who's been confirmed to not change either.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:04:40 pm by Darvi »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12101 on: March 04, 2014, 07:02:53 pm »

Citation?

Cain mentions some of the Siblings changing, which can either be done by resurrection or buying class/gender-changes from a shopkeeper. What we've seen/heard of 'em doesn't look like any of them are the type to waste time or money on such frivolities willingly. Ciro herself has been confirmed to have been resurrected multiple times before (and after her resurrection mentions Riltia being supposed to be right next to her). Not to mention this reply to the suggestion of murdering bluelet here, so that's another resurrection confirmed. (Then again, she may not be a Sibling.)

Seven Machines=Six Siblings+Oric/SomeoneElse
That Someone else may be the Blue chick(if she isn't a sibling)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12102 on: March 04, 2014, 07:05:16 pm »

Well, Oric doesn't die (or so Cain says), but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a machine.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12103 on: March 04, 2014, 07:17:45 pm »

Did we not get the theory craft prize? Did that mean we failed?

Though...

Slog!!!!!!! Ciro looks really not good... how much Soul Charge did we use...

Also... Al used Cherish's Soul Star to revive Ciro... but I guess Cherish didn't even notice thanks to the dramatic events surrounding her... she probably lost less charge than she gained.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:28:20 pm by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

dawnstar

• Bay Watcher
  • Chaos, panic, disorder...my work here is done.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12104 on: March 04, 2014, 07:18:22 pm »

We still need to find out what the Catalyst does in its normal form btw. Maybe after the joyful reunion we should have Cherish enter random commands-

I just had a nasty thought of what may have just happened

scan ciro with Polar Eye
Oh shit! +1 +1 +1 +1
Please don't be as bad as I think!
Pages: 1 ... 805 806 [807] 808 809 ... 1544