Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 822 823 [824] 825 826 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3742128 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Cain
« Reply #12345 on: March 06, 2014, 11:55:41 pm »

Urragh.  While I agree with Flameboy on the likely utility of the stories (and how much I would like to hear of the creation) I disagree with his conclusion.

Oric's Hammer.  Remember, he HATES HATES HATES Oric for being the Thief.  Learning more of his enemy will also tell us of Cain.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12346 on: March 06, 2014, 11:57:27 pm »

Urragh.  While I agree with Flameboy on the likely utility of the stories (and how much I would like to hear of the creation) I disagree with his conclusion.

Oric's Hammer.  Remember, he HATES HATES HATES Oric for being the Thief.  Learning more of his enemy will also tell us of Cain.
Ooh. +1
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

ss4mario

• Bay Watcher
  • ( ’-’)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12347 on: March 07, 2014, 12:01:09 am »

Ooh. +1
+1

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12348 on: March 07, 2014, 12:08:25 am »

Unless, of course (and second-guessing self here) the Claw is what was stolen.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12349 on: March 07, 2014, 12:14:58 am »

Good gravy I'm bad at geography.  I mixed up the ledge in Oric's store's room with the ledge in the dragon room.  Where we should never go.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12350 on: March 07, 2014, 12:28:14 am »

I just realized something: if we recruit Cain, pretty much everyone else will hate us.

Our party members will be annoyed for bringing along somebody unstable.

Oric and the Siblings will be livid with us. Proxxy will probably never return. Speaking of Proxxy, we should ask Oric where she went.

I have no idea how the angels will react, but I doubt that they'll be happy.

I recommend that we don't rescue Cain unless we figure out a way to do it and not anger everyone.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12351 on: March 07, 2014, 01:31:35 am »

Arg. Google yields no results for "Separating Randomized images", "getting a list of images inside a random image", "separating rotating images", or any similar search.
I am trying to conclusively split apart the TWoOtA Tips image once and for all, reverse engineer a random image to figure out every image inside it; because not knowing if I have them all, or if there even is a #52, is driving me nuts.
And google isn't helping.
The Cyan Menace

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12352 on: March 07, 2014, 01:35:36 am »

Something feels wrong...

I really don't trust Cain to tell us anything useful. He's a troll remember...
Then he's going all Hannibal on us with the quid-pro-quot thing.

I think for dealing with Cain we might need to take an unorthodox approach. We should attempt to tip our hand a bit.
We know a couple things he might be curious about and if we can hint that we might know something about it, we might
have better progress. Plus he's bored and nuts at least the story about one our companions becoming a nightmare beast and causing the
earlier blackout might interest him enough to pull some info out of him.

Also, I'm assuming pure nightmare fuel lies behind the Cain's Claw option.

Finally, why does Oric have Cain bound in such a small area if he is still intended to be a boss? We also know that Cain has seen multiple cycles and that he's met the Target before. I assume that we don't actually need to fight him at all, but Oric is hoping we try. On the other hand, perhaps the fact we know about this prison isn't a good thing. Maybe there's a trick or trap that allows Cain to fight us. We need to be cautious about any assumptions we make here.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12353 on: March 07, 2014, 01:36:00 am »

Arg. Google yields no results for "Separating Randomized images", "getting a list of images inside a random image", "separating rotating images", or any similar search.
I am trying to conclusively split apart the TWoOtA Tips image once and for all, reverse engineer a random image to figure out every image inside it; because not knowing if I have them all, or if there even is a #52, is driving me nuts.
And google isn't helping.
Click "view image". Copy the url at the top of the page.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12354 on: March 07, 2014, 01:41:50 am »

I've got the link bookmarked, man. I know it by heart.
http://pile.randimg.net/0/58/14636/TWOOTA%20TIPS.png
yields This link or any one of the images contained within, for example:
<- whichever this one is.

(Edit:
Proof that all I have to do is clickclickclick to browse through extremely quickly)

I've been cataloging them in the link in my sig by clicking the link, over and over, and hoping for a new one to pop up.
What I am looking for is a way to see all of them at once, by abusing the mechanics of the program that allows for this to work. I've tried so many things, but so far, only the brute force tactic I've been using works.
So far the closest I've gotten is learning to hack a CAPTCHA, useless.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 01:52:24 am by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

trekkie5249

• Bay Watcher
  • Phaser Rifleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12355 on: March 07, 2014, 01:42:44 am »

+1 to hearing Oric's Hammer
Let's get us some exposition, goddammit.

EDIT: Super flabort ninja
The only problem with The Next Generation was Wesley never had a terrible airlock or engineering bay related accident that left just slush.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12356 on: March 07, 2014, 04:14:41 am »

I just realized something: if we recruit Cain, pretty much everyone else will hate us.

Oric and the Siblings will be livid with us. Proxxy will probably never return. Speaking of Proxxy, we should ask Oric where she went.

I recommend that we don't rescue Cain unless we figure out a way to do it and not anger everyone.
Oric is far too nonchalant for my liking about everything we've done so far, so if recruiting Cain actually annoys him, I consider that a win.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12357 on: March 07, 2014, 04:30:54 am »

Asking about Oric sends the message that we're looking for something that we can use against him - something that might very well make Cain sympathetic to us, however little. +1 to that.[/b

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12358 on: March 07, 2014, 05:02:49 am »

Oric is far too nonchalant for my liking about everything we've done so far, so if recruiting Cain actually annoys him, I consider that a win.
Um, what? We want Oric to be nonchalant. If he actively opposes us, things will be quite difficult. I have a feeling he's not going to actually attack us, but life might be a bit more difficult.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12359 on: March 07, 2014, 05:08:18 am »

It's not like allying with Cain is something you would expect from somebody who's trying to go against Oric.
Pages: 1 ... 822 823 [824] 825 826 ... 1544