Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 824 825 [826] 827 828 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3743179 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Cain
« Reply #12375 on: March 07, 2014, 12:29:42 pm »

Wait.

We may have business on this floor still. Rilitia is still somewhere, and the Rainbow Key has gone missing. Since this is Cain's Dungeon, ask if he lend us his insight on the matter.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12376 on: March 07, 2014, 12:33:16 pm »

Yeah, there's exposition here.  Let's take it a piece at a time.

Agree to pass his message along.  Ask him why Oric is a Thief.  That'll get his goat, so he'll probably start talking.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12377 on: March 07, 2014, 12:49:25 pm »

Wait.

We may have business on this floor still. Rilitia is still somewhere, and the Rainbow Key has gone missing. Since this is Cain's Dungeon, ask if he lend us his insight on the matter.
Considering that the dungeons are apparently randomized, he hasn't been outside his room in ages, and that he possibly hates our guts, I doubt that will help any.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12378 on: March 07, 2014, 12:51:57 pm »

LAST SERAPHIM CONFIRMED OVERSOUL
LAST SERAPHIM CONFIRMED FOR LORD
SIBLINGS CONFIRMED SOUL CHARGE BATTERIES TO BE KILLED BY THE TARGET
SERAPHS CONFIRMED TO BE MONSTROUS ANGELS

Use this to solve the last bit of why the Target has to die.
Tell Cain we have an idea for him to go against Oric and his 'devils', toss him the Antimagic potion

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12379 on: March 07, 2014, 12:58:52 pm »

Well now.

This is a lot of information.

And I think a lot of the theory crafting has its gaps.

So the Warrens was intended to power the underworld, but Oric wrangled control and now uses it for his own devices.

The idea he's using the Siblings and the Target as a generator is correct, but apparently he is trying to accomplish something else. Which we know at least partly it is being used to keep Oric and his Siblings alive indefinitely. It also continues the process of the Underworld growing and consuming more...

The Angel's Lord is the Devil which is naturally the she that was mentioned a few times here and there as well as the Last Seraph (her siblings were all killed).
The King is Oric and now we know why the Angels follow him, his Soul Star. Or at least I guess it is his Soul Star... perhaps it is the Devil's Soul Star (which would explain the control over the Devil herself). But the Angels are apparently waiting for their Lord to rise again.

We also know Soul Charge can be used to restore a body and that the Soul is more important. Perhaps the Devil has been slowly hoarding Soul Charge to restore herself, but still Oric must be taken care of for her to be released. As long as Oric lives he can always restore order either by using the Soul Star or by being Awesome.

Now I understand why Oric doesn't really care much about the proceedings... Ciro can't kill Oric because if he does all hell will break loose... literally. So as part of the cycle if Ciro manages to beat Oric's game... Ciro will end up giving up in order to keep the Devil chained. This leaves Oric to continue his game.

Edit: Also the Angels we know are Cherubs... the Seraphs were all killed save for one.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12380 on: March 07, 2014, 01:00:43 pm »

We should ask if we could get another story for a anti-anti-magic potion.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12381 on: March 07, 2014, 01:03:36 pm »

We should ask if we could get another story for a anti-anti-magic potion.
There are so many ways that this can go wrong, I literally cannot -1 this.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #12382 on: March 07, 2014, 01:05:09 pm »

I feel like I've hit the enter button a few too many time while writing this
Basically all of this was confirmed by Cain; but
Except the fact that the Target is used to prison the OS/LS, as well as provide power to the Underworld/Warrens'
THOERYCRAFTING GET!

Edit:AND WHAT ELEPHANT SAID

ss4mario

• Bay Watcher
  • ( ’-’)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12383 on: March 07, 2014, 01:07:57 pm »

Wait.

+1 There is definitely something interesting behind that door. There's got to be a way in and we should figure out how to get that key.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12384 on: March 07, 2014, 01:11:54 pm »

Hm.

Between... as in between two things.  Ford, as in what you do to cross a river.

Does this make Betweenford a link between... something?  Perhaps he is akin to Death, and leads the wayward souls into the Warrens?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #12385 on: March 07, 2014, 01:19:13 pm »

I feel like I've hit the enter button a few too many time while writing this
Basically all of this was confirmed by Cain; but
Except the fact that the Target is used to prison the OS/LS, as well as provide power to the Underworld/Warrens'
THOERYCRAFTING GET!

Edit:AND WHAT ELEPHANT SAID

I think we still are missing Oric's key motive. Considering Ciro's quote about the Warrens being sterile... No one is supposed to get in and those who do are drained of Soul Charge and go on to become Illborn. Warrens is connected to more than one world and we've seen several Illborn from other worlds like our two mercenaries.

Hm.

Does this make Betweenford a link between... something?  Perhaps he is akin to Death, and leads the wayward souls into the Warrens?

Betweenford might be a reference to Charon. The guy who sails the boat on the River Stix.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12386 on: March 07, 2014, 01:20:52 pm »

Them dang psychopomps. So terrible hagglers.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12387 on: March 07, 2014, 01:23:09 pm »

Hm.

The obvious thing was that the is the equivalent of Charon - the ferryman who takes the dead across the river Styx.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12388 on: March 07, 2014, 01:24:54 pm »

The obvious thing was that the is the equivalent of Charon - the ferryman who takes the dead across the river Styx.

Betweenford might be a reference to Charon. The guy who sails the boat on the River Stix.
Them ninjas, too.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12389 on: March 07, 2014, 01:26:43 pm »

Yeah, that's what I was trying to come up with.
Pages: 1 ... 824 825 [826] 827 828 ... 1544