Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3725045 times)

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Together Again
« Reply #1380 on: February 24, 2013, 01:26:33 pm »

Hey, Freeformschooler, you mentioned doing a flash at some point. If you're interested I have a couple of half decent (at best) songs you could use as BGM. They aren't the greatest, but as the guy who wrote them I could email them to you if you want.
Dendritic.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: February 24, 2013, 01:49:22 pm »

Postponed again for a few days as I finish backing all my stuff up and am relegated to an old netbook for who knows how long.

Now's a good time, again, for any question/comments/criticisms on the story or anything else about the game.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Minor hiatus
« Reply #1382 on: February 24, 2013, 01:51:09 pm »

You better not hiatus somewhere else as well D:<
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: February 24, 2013, 01:51:40 pm »

Nah, I can post, I just can't use Flash.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: February 24, 2013, 01:53:33 pm »

Freeformschooler: Embark onto great MSPaint adventure.

:P
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: February 24, 2013, 03:32:10 pm »

"Did You Catch It?"
A bits-and-pieces show with freeformschooler

Hello, and welcome to the first time-wasting episode of "Did You Catch It?" The Warrens of Oric the Awesome has a lot of little things that happen that are allusions to classic video games, references or callbacks to other parts of the story or just fun easter eggs for the players to find. I can't yet detail things that could give the players any major plot or mechanical information, but anything else is fair game!

#1: What was up with the Void?

Back when our dashing heroes first fought Betweenford, they found themselves in an empty, dark room with nothing but a miniboss that seemed awfully annoyed by their appearance. What was this place? Why haven't the players found themselves there since?

It all goes back to the when the players picked up the ladder in the lava room and placed it in the target room. This lead them to somewhere called "DL2 (Void)." We now know that the level Cherish is adventuring through is titled "DL2" or "Dungeon Level 2," but "(Void)" indicated that this was a part of the level that the dungeon didn't expect that players would try to enter.

This is a reference to the error-handling methods in classic video games like the infamous Chris Houlihan room. When Link to the Past loaded up a room without data in it for whatever reason, it sent the players to a special room instead of crashing entirely.

The question is: what was Betweenford doing there? Well, you'll find out eventually!

#2: Why did Circuitrix warn Cherish against climbing up?

At the end of Chapter 1, Circuitrix told Cherish that the ladder up to the metal hatch could provide a quick escape, but she warned that something bad had happened to the people who'd tried to use it before. Cherish seemed unharmed and uncursed, though, so what was the big deal?

For just one panel, we briefly see Proxxy flip open a wall panel and punch in some letters. When Proxxy and Cherish re-enter the steel hatch, they find themselves in DL2 rather than the Underside. It can be inferred that the location the hatch was set to teleport between before this was not DL2 but rather the staircase in the Underside.

But why would it be conveniently set to that?

Back when Al opens his mailbox, he finds a letter from Proxxy. Not only has she personally delivered him a time bomb, but she claims ownership of the incredibly durable Searchbots. We don't know for sure that Proxxy jumped down there and delivered the letter herself, but if she had, that would give an easy explanation as to why the metal hatch was still working as a teleport between her hub and the Underside when Cherish found it.

What would have happened if Cherish had tried to enter the hatch and it wasn't set as Proxxy's target location? Only Circuitrix knows.

Hope everyone's enjoyed this episode of "Did You Catch It?" Keep your eye out for more things like these because the story is littered with them! The show will be back next hiatus if all goes well.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: February 26, 2013, 02:07:55 pm »

((short update with mouse))

Ask Rilitia if the roof-eye looks dead enough to stay in the area.
Ask Rilitia about the 'Level Up' juice!

(Knowledge: 13) (Knowledge: 9) Riltia just shakes her head.

Ask Rilitia about the 'Level Up' juice!

Try and suck out the roof eye's blood using blood magic, and use it to bolster our own health.
+1, smart.
...I can't believe I'm saying this, but +1
Also apologize to Riltia for the  hopefully accidental insults.

(Roll: 3) You can only use Bloodshape to make or destroy Bloodshapes! You feel that you learned this already - not too long ago, perhaps - and stupidly forgot.

You lose 1HP from improper spell usage anyway.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:36:52 pm by freeformschooler »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 26, 2013, 02:12:33 pm »

Give Riltia the ring of persuasion +5, and create the DRAIN BLOOD spell.

Well, actually, discover the blood mage skill; drain blood?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 02:22:07 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: February 26, 2013, 02:15:31 pm »

I just love how you manage to incorporate a (moderately) coherent world structure with player-driven insanity (and stupidity). I sure hope you aren't planning on abandoning it as you stated in the OP. :D

BTW, have you read Homestuck and/or Crystal Raver?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: February 26, 2013, 02:20:44 pm »

I just love how you manage to incorporate a (moderately) coherent world structure with player-driven insanity (and stupidity). I sure hope you aren't planning on abandoning it as you stated in the OP. :D

BTW, have you read Homestuck and/or Crystal Raver?

((Thanks Dariush :D I honestly thought you would hate it. I doubt it's possible to have a perfectly coherent world and plot with the suggestions in this game, but I'm trying.

I've read Homestuck, and Dexexe (the Crystal Raver author) is a good friend of mine, so we talk back and forth on story ideas and such.

No plans on abandoning it. This is more enjoyable at the moment than my other stuff.))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: February 26, 2013, 03:30:41 pm »

Have Ritalia take a small sip of the level up juice, and if she doesn't die, drink it ourself.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: February 26, 2013, 03:55:35 pm »

Give Riltia the ring of persuasion +5, and create the DRAIN BLOOD spell.

Well, actually, discover the blood mage skill; drain blood?

You give the Ring of Sexiness to Riltia. She instantly becomes a little hotter (in your eyes, anyway). Freeing up this inventory slot turned out to be a little useless, though, because you need more Class Stats to gain additional Class Skills!

Have Ritalia take a small sip of the level up juice, and if she doesn't die, drink it ourself.

(Persuasion: 8!) You ask Riltia to sip the level up juice, but she misunderstands you and drinks the whole thing. It's actually not that many sips anyway.

RILTIA HAS LEVELED UP! This is an almost completely meaningless term.

Riltia gains the following benefits:

+1 SLVL
+5 Max HP
+2 Max SP
+4 GUARD

Riltia needs 1 more GUARD to gain her second Class Skill.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 04:09:10 pm by freeformschooler »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Minor hiatus from hiatus
« Reply #1392 on: February 26, 2013, 04:08:23 pm »

Law of RPG consumables: There are no chunks, portions or sips. If it's used, it's gone.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: February 26, 2013, 04:11:09 pm »

Potion: Have a strange side effect!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: February 26, 2013, 04:16:38 pm »

Open Riltia's title menu. It must be embarassing going around with no title on.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 1544