Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 955 956 [957] 958 959 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3788644 times)

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Time Demon... dies ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #14340 on: April 18, 2014, 12:17:54 am »

Huh, new warrens update. Let's just go read and see what happened...

Holy shit.

Just... holy shit.

I'd suggest posing as a team because shit just got real, but we can't do that because shit is already real.

Um.... I don't even know what to do anymore. Derail, successful. Jesus what the hell do we do? Loot is nice, but.... dear god. We need to explore this and the implications it has.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Cain
« Reply #14341 on: April 18, 2014, 12:52:21 am »

On why does Oric want the Target Dead?:
Spoiler: Quote dump (click to show/hide)
OK, the observant among you: One of these quotes is not like the others.
Which one? The one where FFS revealed the nature of illborn. What does it show? When you kill someone, you get their soul charge.

Oric's system is this:
He controls the Last Seraphim, the Lord, by keeping her servants, the Cherubs, captive. He uses his own minions, the Siblings, to keep the Cherubs in line and act as batteries. Batteries for soul charge. Which powers the warrens, according to Cains story. Al's quote reveals that Cherish is being used as a battery, too, for powering the Underside (Hints: Orange stuff revived us, Cain called Cherish "the orange one").

This energy powers the levels directly from the soul stars, and the siblings can only hold so much charge (too much, they "oversoul", wasting the charge). By killing and resurrecting someone with charge, they refill their batteries, and keep power to the level. The reason Cain kills anyone who steps in his circle is to take their charge and keep his level powered. Higher siblings on the totem pole, deeper in the dungeon, meet Target less, but Target has more soul charge when he/she meets them, more charge less often. They kill him/her and take the charge, and keep the warrens powered.

Cain implies in the Al quote that he got resurrected; that all the siblings resurrect when they die. Even Target. Especially Target. Target is the one who changes the most, which with the second to last quote, copied here:
Everything "you" are is in your Soul, and your soul retains its form across class changes, gender swaps, and revivals. Everything else - your body, powers, opinions - is perfectly malleable and irrelevant.
means that when you revive, you keep the same soul but not the same body; you change whenever you die. Therefore, Target dies the most. So Oric can afford to kill Target over and over, and it doesn't waste any soul charge. In fact, it only generates it. More and more of it.

What I'm saying is, that Oric wants Target dead, by a sibling's hand specifically, so that the soul charge he/she accumulates can go to keeping the Warrens alive.

While I was gathering this, I thought, The Devil Herself tried to betray the King they set up. Betweenford was their agent for setting up Oric as King. Newford wants to set us up as King/Queen. The last Devil (Seraphim) is Newford's boss, and Newford is therefor her agent for setting up Ciro as King. Therefor, the Last Seraphim is planning on betraying us.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #14342 on: April 18, 2014, 01:45:03 am »

Stick head out door. Ask Goombess and Slog if they know where their souls are currently.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14343 on: April 18, 2014, 02:05:36 am »

Quote from: Ciro
"Vi! Vi! What could possibly be interfering here?"
This implies that Ciro believes herself to have authority. I think that she's the Queen of Angels (and thus also the Lord/King; I can never remember which one is Oric), which is why Oric wants her dead.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14344 on: April 18, 2014, 04:04:41 am »

-1 to messing around with the Illborn exchange. Let's leave this to the professionals.
My concerns are still valid, especially as we're going to the anti-magic level, apparently. We should Bloodshape some weapons first. The shotgun and revolver again? Also dump the bloodband, cheery leaves fusion scroll etc into storage.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14345 on: April 18, 2014, 06:07:52 am »

I know that you will hate me, but we should use it to make Goombess a non-illborn.
I wonder what will happen if we create a Willborn Goombess?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14346 on: April 18, 2014, 06:55:20 am »

"CIRO I CAN TATTLE EVERYTHING"

And then goombella finished her book.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #14348 on: April 18, 2014, 09:39:49 am »

I know that you will hate me, but we should use it to make Goombess a non-illborn.
+1

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14349 on: April 18, 2014, 09:44:49 am »

Ask Goom-Bess if she has any problems with being "upgraded" by Polydectes. If the answer is no, we should probably upgrade her instead. Yes, Slog is adorable; there's no questioning that. However, he's absolutely useless. While I do want to avoid killing him because, well, d'aww, I certainly don't want to waste resources on him.
+1

What if one of Slog's later skills is the ability to turn into King Slog at-will?
Alternatively, we may someday find an infinite food source.
What if one of Goom-Bess's later skills is precognition?
Alternatively, we may someday find an evidently impassable obstacle that Goom-Bess knows how to pass. Or a cannon fueled by trivia.

What? Who care's about looks?
When the difference in looks is the difference between more or less makeup? Basically no one.
When the difference in looks is the difference between a human and a horrible eldritch monstrosity? Basically everyone.

I'm thinking along the lines of Nobodies from Kingdom Hearts. A Person who loses their heart may create a Nobody if their Heart was strong enough. If their Heart was even stronger yet their Nobody will have their Humanoid form rather than the standard run-of-the-mill monster form.
Of course...
1. Heart =/= Soul Star
2. This isn't Kingdom Hearts
3. Riltia lost her Soul Star, and she turned into a horrible Illborn monster. Why wouldn't other Siblings do the same? You can handwave all you like, but unless you come up with a concrete reason why Riltia's case was so horribly, horribly away from what could happen elsewhere, you're just blathering.

So maybe if we did this Cain would just become a standard Illborn, because the condition to make him Willborn is fulfilled. Now in that case, if we did that would we come back to Cain's boss room and find a Hellyfish floating in his place?
No. Why the hell are you strawmanning me? That's like if I asked if you would expect to see Wilford in Cain's throne room.

I just think that siblings probably already fulfill whatever condition that causes Chief to look more-or-less normal and we'd find Cain looking more or less the same. Naturally, I've got no proof at this point but I find it a reasonable enough idea for the present.
And I find it a reasonable idea that the one example we have of an Illborn sibling, Willborn or no, is not horribly un-representative of the norm, and hence horribly monstrous Sibling Illborn are not something we can discount because of Kingdom Hearts.

-snip-
I like this theory.

Also, if this is true, we should really stop using Second Shift weapons.
Probably, yeah.

Quote from: Ciro
"Vi! Vi! What could possibly be interfering here?"
This implies that Ciro believes herself to have authority. I think that she's the Queen of Angels (and thus also the Lord/King; I can never remember which one is Oric), which is why Oric wants her dead.
"TRAINING'S DONE,
BYE BYE OLDFORD.
DOWN WITH THE KING
LONG LIVE THE LORD."
Sounds like Oric's the King. Probably.

That's hilarious and I don't know why.

+1
Not a bad goal.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14350 on: April 18, 2014, 09:48:51 am »

Excellent idea.

Scan Goom-Bess.  Well, you know, when we're done here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #14351 on: April 18, 2014, 09:52:12 am »

2. This isn't Kingdom Hearts
FFS has repeatedly said that pretty much all the elements were taken from somewhere else. Keep that in mind.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14352 on: April 18, 2014, 09:53:12 am »

Excellent idea.

Scan Goom-Bess.  Well, you know, when we're done here.
They mean when the Soul Binding is attached and they longer are Illborn. Then they can theoretically improve upon themselves.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14353 on: April 18, 2014, 09:54:08 am »

Also, the dance .gif and this image are pretty cool.

OH HEY

We were inaudible when we tried to authenticate because we weren't rhyming!

Try to authenticate again, except rhyme this time.

If we plan to unIllborn Goom-bess, it'd be good to have a standard of comparison for a pre/post scan.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #14354 on: April 18, 2014, 09:59:27 am »

OH HEY

We were inaudible when we tried to authenticate because we weren't rhyming!

Try to authenticate again, except rhyme this time.
If Vi rhymes with "tea": "Vi, already! I've got places to be!"
If Vi rhymes with "buy": "I said Vi! Now let me in, or I'll be sure you die!"

Also, did anyone else notice how Ciro started to go half-way into Spirit form while trying to authenticate? Could we be approaching the OS?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 955 956 [957] 958 959 ... 1544