Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 991 992 [993] 994 995 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3728798 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: 2d capitalism simulator
« Reply #14880 on: May 07, 2014, 04:52:18 pm »

No, see:

We sell Shopkeeper A to Shopkeeper B,
Then sell Shopkeeper B to Shopkeeper A
Then offer to buy one from the other, and keep going back and forth to see how much they want for their shopkeeper... Then tell the other that their competitor is offering one for less... The price will go down to the point where we can buy both shopkeepers, and thus own everything that is theirs!
What about their eyebrows? Dual Eyebrows mean -20 to our confusion/bartering skills
Do doors work like ladders?
Probably. See our "dream" sequence.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #14881 on: May 07, 2014, 04:55:12 pm »

Right! So, we pull out their eyebrows! Or shave them.
Take a closer look at this text!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14882 on: May 07, 2014, 04:57:29 pm »

And then we get lasered to death.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14883 on: May 07, 2014, 04:57:36 pm »

Right! So, we pull out their eyebrows! Or shave them.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14884 on: May 07, 2014, 04:57:42 pm »

Do doors work like ladders?
We've never tried. We should try.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14885 on: May 07, 2014, 04:58:05 pm »

Or we grow eyebrows of our own.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or we grow eyebrows of our own.
The Shopkeeper, business-savvy as ever, offers to teach you the Eyebrow Gambit for two RIVER DOLLARS. (Microeconomics: 15) Your passing knowledge of currency conversion rates tells you this is a bad deal. The shopkeeper agrees, but his offer stands

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14887 on: May 07, 2014, 07:34:24 pm »

"Did You Catch It?" #4
A bits-and-pieces show with freeformschooler

Hello, and welcome to the fourth episode of "Did You Catch It?" This week, we'll examine the DL2 control panel. We were left with a lot of questions at the end of Nepotism, but this is one we have enough evidence to piece together answers for.

During our last DL2 journey, Ciro and Goom-bess found a computer and entered commands... WITH THEIR FEET! One of these commands was "warp" which displayed two sets of coordinates:

1,4,2->6,3,2

This was a read-only computer (evidenced by printing out its own location when opening the "read-only" file), so Ciro couldn't edit the coordinates. We now know they pointed to two rooms on the mini-map:

Where did we see the leftmost point? That's right, Cherish was just about to enter it when we met her for the first time.

Notice the odd coloring and special arrows pointing to the door. The Warp was intended as a quick route from the left-most side to the right-most side of the level. In fact, 6,3,2 is "pre-entry," the room we found Yaos in. Pre-entry referred to Proxxy's location: it was the last room before the Boss Door.

The warp was a long tube taking up the bottom six rooms of the dungeon. It would immediately spit anyone who entered onto the bottom-most platform of the Big Wisp room. "What? What use is that?" It's the same reason I provided two ways out of DL3 (the drop and Cain's room): a back-up in case you guys really got stuck. Imagine if the Searchbot Chase had left one of the rooms on the way to Proxxy's door inaccessible. That would suck, wouldn't it? Yet -- you always have options.

IronyOwl correctly identified most of the other keypoints. Up is the stairs. "Find" pointed out Proxxy's location (6,1,2). The Read-only computer was made for Cherish. That's why it provided lots of information regarding Proxxy's current dungeon design but allowed no modification ("writing"), and Cherish typed the "exit" command when we hadn't told her to. Why would she do this?

It wasn't completely read-only. We're crossing into word-of-God territory as this would have required serious experimentation, but the Spawn command spawned two mooks in pre-entry, meaning not only did the room refill with enemies automatically, it could also be tampered with. The read-only console was an indirect control panel for the Big Wisp room. By shutting down the console with "exit," she also sent a shut down signal the spawning program. Mooks stopped falling in after the Big Wisp was defeated.

Hope everyone enjoyed this short episode of "Did You Catch It?" From now on, I make no promises on DYCI's schedule.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 05:59:48 pm by freeformschooler »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14888 on: May 07, 2014, 07:38:13 pm »

So that means when Proxxy accused us of shutting down her Wisp generators, she was rightfully accusing us due to Cherish's "exit" command?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14889 on: May 07, 2014, 08:06:40 pm »

It wasn't completely read-only. We're crossing into word-of-God territory as this would have required serious experimentation, but the Spawn command spawned two mooks in pre-entry, meaning not only did the room refill with enemies automatically, it could also be tampered with. The read-only console was an indirect control panel for the Big Wisp room. By shutting down the console with "exit," she also sent a shut down signal the spawning program. Mooks stopped falling in after the Big Wisp was defeated.

Huh.  I thought Proxxy was telling her to log out of it so we couldn't mess with it any more.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

WormArmy

• Bay Watcher
  • I am in fact.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14890 on: May 07, 2014, 08:47:29 pm »

and so it begins

the great barter of our time

sell shopkeeper to himself

+1
No, see:

Then offer to buy one from the other, and keep going back and forth to see how much they want for their shopkeeper... Then tell the other that their competitor is offering one for less... The price will go down to the point where we can buy both shopkeepers, and thus own everything that is theirs!

+1

Might as well do this along with whatever serious action gets picked, just to see how hilarious its inevitably miserable failure turns out to be.
my dream is that twoota readers build up an unnatural fear of hollow rectangles that follows them for the rest of their lives

You can't call a man a slimeball if he doesn't rat... and you can't call a slimeball a rat cuz he can't talk. But he always knows. Always.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14891 on: May 07, 2014, 08:58:05 pm »

and so it begins

+1
No, see:

-reaction pic-

+1

Might as well do this along with whatever serious action gets picked, just to see how hilarious its inevitably miserable failure turns out to be.
....Oh, might as well.  :P
+1
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Elmach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14892 on: May 07, 2014, 09:25:20 pm »

and so it begins

+1
No, see:

-reaction pic-

+1

....Oh, might as well.  :P
+1
Alright, despite the fact that I normally enjoy these diversions,

-1 to anything involving shenanigans involving shopkeepers unless it is something that is not completely insane. We know how much damage shopkeepers can do.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14893 on: May 07, 2014, 09:37:42 pm »

I'm not alone!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14894 on: May 07, 2014, 09:46:39 pm »

-1 to shenanigans involving annoying
-1 to any plans which require the shopkeepers to be morons.
Further -1
moar -1
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 991 992 [993] 994 995 ... 1544