Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1012 1013 [1014] 1015 1016 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3696519 times)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: 2d capitalism simulator
« Reply #15195 on: May 25, 2014, 06:05:01 pm »

Guys, it's fine. He'll be back in ten years or so. It isn't over. Calm down.
Take a closer look at this text!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15196 on: May 25, 2014, 06:17:01 pm »

I keep wanting to update things at night, but they don't tell you the best cure for insomnia is hard work.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #15197 on: May 25, 2014, 06:56:09 pm »

Get back to farming you!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #15198 on: May 25, 2014, 07:05:59 pm »

Wait. Perhaps this is all an elaborate clue. To get into Auntie's house, we need to take up Auntie's favorite task. What is auntie's favorite task? FARMING.

FARM THE GARDEN.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #15199 on: May 25, 2014, 07:08:04 pm »

Wait. Perhaps this is all an elaborate clue. To get into Auntie's house, we need to take up Auntie's favorite task. What is auntie's favorite task? FARMING.

FARM THE GARDEN.
No...
Farm everything!

Ignoring my ridiculousness, that's not a bad idea at all. Let's do it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 07:11:19 pm by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #15200 on: May 25, 2014, 07:33:43 pm »

I keep wanting to update things at night, but they don't tell you the best cure for insomnia is hard work.

Fucking this. He speaks the truth gaiz. He does.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15201 on: May 25, 2014, 11:48:52 pm »

Fucking this. He speaks the truth gaiz. He does.

Yeah, but going to bed with work you want to do is the number one cause of insomnia...

"I want to work, but I'm to tired to work, but I can't stop thinking about how I'm going to finish the Blorble class in my project, but I'm too tired to actually do it..."
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15202 on: May 26, 2014, 09:05:09 am »

We should probably put the DL3 Boss Key in storage.
We haven't?

"I'm the watcher of the watch"
This one seems straighforward enough. If we piece togheter our knowledge, it makes sense that the Angels are the watch, so Betweenford is probably the current leader of the Angels.
"I'm the keeper of the keep"
What would "the keep" refer to? It could be the Warrens, or something in the Warrens themselves. Even so, this does not neccesarily mean he is the lord of the Warrens (see: Minas Tirith in LOTR), just that he is keeping an eye on them for somebody else. Newford, maybe?
"I'm the cheat to cheat all cheaters and the eye that sees them sleep"
This one's tricky. It implies that the cheaters are currently sleeping. I think the cheaters here would be the demons that Oric deceived, and that are now sleeping. Slumbering may be a more fitting word. A sleeping dragon, effectively. If this is the case, then it also implies that Betweenford helped bring down/chain the demons.
The first seems reasonable enough. Therefore, there's a decent chance that it's flat wrong.
Seems likelier that he's "keeping" it for the Last Seraphim or something in that vein.
Why is it always slumbering dragons? Anyways, that's...interesting. Maybe the 'Fords are traitors, and keeping the keep for Oric? Of course, that implies that the Seraphim was a cheater, which...doesn't work. The king doesn't need to cheat.

Once upon a time, the Devil herself looked around and said: "Sheeeeeeeeit, if we keep eatin everything, there won't be nothin left! Yo, Devil Jr., find someone smarter 'fore we run out." That someone is the Thief. You may know him as Oric the Awful.
TCM, stop hacking EmeraldWind's account and/or subconscious.

Second, Wilford mentioned the Harian Royal Prison a place we people with extraordinary powers were imprisoned. Al's reaction to this is that this is a wrongful imprisonment and that the normal people of Haria might not take such news well. He considered it enough to help a rebellion. This proposes two questions: Why was the King of Haria imprisoning people with powers? Why was there a possibility of a rebellion?
Wilford worked at the SCP Foundation?

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that if he wanted to cause a change, he would have said "abberation" or something like that. It sounds like he's trying to get something--or someone--which is aberrant. Perhaps something in the Strange Creatures' Prison?

Yeah, but going to bed with work you want to do is the number one cause of insomnia...
For me, working on things and not noticing that it's almost midnight is the number one cause of insomnia. (For a suitably broad definition of "insomnia," at least.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15203 on: May 26, 2014, 09:51:33 am »

I doubted my first observation too, GWG. "Who watches the watch?" is actually a Latin proverb. He's the "Watcher" of the Angels, I'd assume. But Watcher isn't necessarily leader, I guess. I can't imagine anyone else being the Watch, though. After all, our first encounter with an Angel certainly hints in that direction, and Spira seems to be Oric's secretary, which is also fairly watch-y.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15204 on: May 26, 2014, 10:04:27 am »

Hm. While the leader of the watchmen is the most logical place for a watcher of the watchmen, that does have some issues that a non-leader Watcher of Watchmen wouldn't have.

On that note...who watches the watcher of the watchmen?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15205 on: May 26, 2014, 10:13:52 am »

Hm. While the leader of the watchmen is the most logical place for a watcher of the watchmen, that does have some issues that a non-leader Watcher of Watchmen wouldn't have.

The Watcher of the Watcher of the Watch.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15206 on: May 26, 2014, 10:16:45 am »

Sam Vimes
It's FEF, not FEOF

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15207 on: May 26, 2014, 10:24:22 am »

Betweenford himself is a "man" of power. He holds the position of Warden, which he uses to keep the OS in check, and probably help guard the OS. He also sees to the tasks of the Angels. He has access to methods of telling whether someone is going to die in the future(including himself). He has also been designated as the Angel to make sure to keep an eye on people who may threaten the cycles with their "cheating".

He definitely is in power, and is probably Oric's right-hand "man".
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 10:30:14 am by javierpwn »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15208 on: May 26, 2014, 12:06:07 pm »

The existance of a Warden position also points to slumbering dragons, really.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15209 on: May 26, 2014, 01:24:41 pm »

i can't see how you nerds saw betweenford, then newford, and never asked yourself, who the fuck is oldford
Pages: 1 ... 1012 1013 [1014] 1015 1016 ... 1544