Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695786 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: 2d capitalism simulator
« Reply #15225 on: May 26, 2014, 09:39:02 pm »

Which "theory" is that?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15226 on: May 26, 2014, 10:04:02 pm »

Which "theory" is that?
"Who're The Lord and King referred to by the Angels?"
I feel we have more than enough evidence for it, and proper theories, but due to FFS' nature we are probably missing a part he wants to elaborate on when he declares winrar.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15227 on: May 26, 2014, 10:09:31 pm »

We should probably put the DL3 Boss Key in storage.
We haven't?
The most recent inventory I remember seeing still had the purple DL3 Boss key in it... but then I might have missed a post. :/

Once upon a time, the Devil herself looked around and said: "Sheeeeeeeeit, if we keep eatin everything, there won't be nothin left! Yo, Devil Jr., find someone smarter 'fore we run out." That someone is the Thief. You may know him as Oric the Awful.
TCM, stop hacking EmeraldWind's account and/or subconscious.

? ? ?
I am missing something here...

Second, Wilford mentioned the Harian Royal Prison a place we people with extraordinary powers were imprisoned. Al's reaction to this is that this is a wrongful imprisonment and that the normal people of Haria might not take such news well. He considered it enough to help a rebellion. This proposes two questions: Why was the King of Haria imprisoning people with powers? Why was there a possibility of a rebellion?
Wilford worked at the SCP Foundation?

Actually, I was thinking more like a prison for X-Men... an interment camp if you will. But SCP might be another way of looking at it. Less a prison camp and more a lab for researching the unknown. But I still lean toward my initial idea due to the information provided by Al and Yaos, but since they could simply be biased it can still go either way.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that if he wanted to cause a change, he would have said "abberation" or something like that. It sounds like he's trying to get something--or someone--which is aberrant. Perhaps something in the Strange Creatures' Prison?

He did say aberration in this Twoota Tip... is the image appearing for everyone else? Unless you mean he would have said it with quotes.

In which case, I kind of agree there. I mean it is bothering me that he said "the aberration" rather than "the Aberration". Also we've seen aberrant pop up twice that I remember.

Yeah, but going to bed with work you want to do is the number one cause of insomnia...
For me, working on things and not noticing that it's almost midnight is the number one cause of insomnia. (For a suitably broad definition of "insomnia," at least.)
Yeah, well that is another one. But I usually suffer from insomnia to the point of being tired near constantly. So the one I mentioned is more familiar to me at the moment. And I actually enjoy spending the night working when I am able, but I'm weird like that. The inability to work or sleep is due to insomnia is frustrating to me more than the feeling of being sleepy all day long.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #15228 on: May 26, 2014, 10:14:02 pm »

...Wait... Have we done the quest for casting 10 spells?

We have inifinite MP. We just need to go to the fountain and have a fun-fun spell casting party.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15229 on: May 26, 2014, 10:30:56 pm »

Wait.

"Aberrant Thief".

We haven't figured out who the mysterious blue person is.

Thieves are mysterious. They also have lots of money. The blue person threw us a bunch of money like it was nothing.

Know what would be an aberration? An angel working with a non-angel.

I have a feeling that the blue person is more important than we thought.

...Wait... Have we done the quest for casting 10 spells?

We have inifinite MP. We just need to go to the fountain and have a fun-fun spell casting party.
We have done it. At least, I'm pretty sure we've done it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15230 on: May 27, 2014, 08:50:22 am »

Which "theory" is that?
I feel we have more than enough evidence for it, and proper theories, but due to FFS' nature we are probably missing a part he wants to elaborate on when he declares winrar.
That's the question, not the theory.

Once upon a time, the Devil herself looked around and said: "Sheeeeeeeeit, if we keep eatin everything, there won't be nothin left! Yo, Devil Jr., find someone smarter 'fore we run out." That someone is the Thief. You may know him as Oric the Awful.
TCM, stop hacking EmeraldWind's account and/or subconscious.
? ? ?
I am missing something here...
That pattern of speech is reminiscent of the poster known as TCM.

Actually, I was thinking more like a prison for X-Men... an interment camp if you will. But SCP might be another way of looking at it. Less a prison camp and more a lab for researching the unknown. But I still lean toward my initial idea due to the information provided by Al and Yaos, but since they could simply be biased it can still go either way.
Well, the "unjust imprisonment" made me think of imprisoning them just for being weird. But then, that might be the case with that prison you're talking about.

He did say aberration in this Twoota Tip...
Dangit. I should check the source and not people talking about it.

In which case, I kind of agree there.
Huh.

Also we've seen aberrant pop up twice that I remember.

Indeed. That's probably important.

Wait.
"Aberrant Thief".
Thieves are mysterious. They also have lots of money. The blue person threw us a bunch of money like it was nothing.
Probably, but probably not for those reasons. I think it's basically confirmed that Milli's body fused with Ciro.

We have done it. At least, I'm pretty sure we've done it.
We never paid for the quest, though.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15231 on: May 27, 2014, 08:55:45 am »

"And out"

Things can leave the Warrens, it seems.

Have we tried upgrading a skill in the Skill Tree?  We've made a couple, but have we tried an upgrade?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15232 on: May 27, 2014, 09:32:20 am »

"And out"

Things can leave the Warrens, it seems.
Probably only the Angels. Or the OS(which is why it's imprisoned).
The Angels could probably leave in order to trick people into entering.

We also leave when we enter the Arena.
Which "theory" is that?
That's the question, not the theory.
All the latest ones. Including Mine  ;D
Wait.
"Aberrant Thief".
Probably, but probably not for those reasons. I think it's basically confirmed that Milli's body fused with Ciro.
"Exile Deemed Lost"
Mili is probably gone forever.

Also although Angels allying with Generics is aberrant, they see us as SERAPHS.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 09:49:28 am by javierpwn »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15233 on: May 27, 2014, 10:18:28 am »

I didn't say that Blue is related to Milli. I just think that Blue might be the Abberant Thief.

Or was Milli confirmed to be the Abberant Thief?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15234 on: May 27, 2014, 01:09:14 pm »

I didn't say that Blue is related to Milli. I just think that Blue might be the Abberant Thief.

Or was Milli confirmed to be the Abberant Thief?
She's the Exile. And she was deemed lost.

Also, on an unrelated note, the concept of Willborn came in pretty early, and was hinted at in an FFS rant. More info later when I get to a computer.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Nepotism
« Reply #15235 on: May 27, 2014, 04:18:42 pm »

As for the turbo batshit murderfest, I'm trying really hard to avoid Word of God in this story, but I will say this: we would have somehow found out the consequences of breaking one of the "souls" at a later point anyway. Not just because of how unhinged the characters are but because the readers have been trying this entire time. The reason I urged you guys against breaking the Astral Influx was not because you'd perma-change character or something like that (if I was afraid of drastic story changes, I wouldn't have killed most of the main characters within the first week or so of the game's run). It was because we didn't have a backup plan and it was just way too early in the story to see what would have happened to the "soul's" owner (guess who).
There's the hinting that bad things(besides what happened to Riltia) would happen if we mess with the Soul Stars.
Remind us of someone else?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15236 on: May 27, 2014, 06:00:32 pm »

She's the Exile. And she was deemed lost.
Exile =! Thief.

They might be the same person, but they might not.

WormArmy

• Bay Watcher
  • I am in fact.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15237 on: May 27, 2014, 09:06:34 pm »

How unfortunate that we didn't buy into the "ally" quest. We could be swimming in Stream Rubies.
my dream is that twoota readers build up an unnatural fear of hollow rectangles that follows them for the rest of their lives

You can't call a man a slimeball if he doesn't rat... and you can't call a slimeball a rat cuz he can't talk. But he always knows. Always.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #15238 on: May 27, 2014, 09:23:19 pm »

Well, who says we can't still do it? Would having them leave and reenter the party work?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15239 on: May 27, 2014, 09:32:23 pm »

I'm guessing "ally" refers to broader concept than "join the active party."

Plus, it's not like we're not planning to ally with further Siblings in the future.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 ... 1544