Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1025 1026 [1027] 1028 1029 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695931 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: PARTY CRASHING STEALTH-BASED ARPG
« Reply #15390 on: June 13, 2014, 03:44:33 pm »

Reabsorb bandana, fetch vase, fill vase with waterfall water
-1 don't reabsorb the bandana. It won't give us any mhp. We rolled a 20 on its crafting, so we got it for free.

Reabsorb the drill instead.

ARLRIGHT THEN.

MAXIMUM FINAL PLAN OF FINALNESS:
Reabosrb drill, fetch vase, fill vase in waterfall, examine menu of bottled waterfall water.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15391 on: June 13, 2014, 05:27:29 pm »

Can't we just take the loot, go through the tunnel, and come back with our party to take the rest? Floe could return at any time!
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15392 on: June 13, 2014, 05:48:47 pm »

Interesting. That answering machine thing left a message for Cain, but not for The Target/Riltia. This implies that Cain (who, need I remind you, is shackled up in a maximum security level) is more likely to be here than us. It could also just mean that there is no safe exit from here for us, and so she didn't bother to leave us a message, but you'd think if she could be arsed to leave a message for Cain then she'd be inclined to leave a message for us, considering we can actually be reasoned with.

Since we were not instructed to exit through the double doors, I say we dick around.

Form Hero Tower, attempt to listen at the Transmission device!

Also Give Stream Rubies to Slog, no point in forgetting them on the ground.

+1
It's FEF, not FEOF

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15393 on: June 13, 2014, 06:58:38 pm »

I still think that Ciro set up the plan and Oric took credit for it somehow.

Ciro's outburst after being resurrected seemed to imply that Ciro knew what was supposed to happen.

It seems to me the point of the plan wasn't simply supposed to provide Soul Charge to the underworld but to also provide longer lifespans for the crew.

We were told by Yaos that people like him would suffer early deaths. Most likely from using their Soul Charge without realizing that they were using it. Yaos specifically mentions that his powers were the same but amplified. So I would guess that their powers still drained Soul Charge even then.

Now Oric, Ciro, and the rest of their crew intended to put together a system that could keep themselves alive, but Oric betrayed them all. Oric wanted to provide himself with unlimited life. Cain implied that there are other possible candidates to be siblings, but not all are chosen. We also know that the Blue Chick, now finally confirmed as the Eye, hasn't been a sibling for more than 3 cycles from what Betweenford said to her. But Ciro had some sort of flashback when she met her.

Eh... I'm no longer sure about anything.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15394 on: June 13, 2014, 08:02:44 pm »

I still think that Ciro set up the plan and Oric took credit for it somehow.

Ciro's outburst after being resurrected seemed to imply that Ciro knew what was supposed to happen.

It seems to me the point of the plan wasn't simply supposed to provide Soul Charge to the underworld but to also provide longer lifespans for the crew.

We were told by Yaos that people like him would suffer early deaths. Most likely from using their Soul Charge without realizing that they were using it. Yaos specifically mentions that his powers were the same but amplified. So I would guess that their powers still drained Soul Charge even then.

Now Oric, Ciro, and the rest of their crew intended to put together a system that could keep themselves alive, but Oric betrayed them all. Oric wanted to provide himself with unlimited life. Cain implied that there are other possible candidates to be siblings, but not all are chosen. We also know that the Blue Chick, now finally confirmed as the Eye, hasn't been a sibling for more than 3 cycles from what Betweenford said to her. But Ciro had some sort of flashback when she met her.

Eh... I'm no longer sure about anything.
According to Cain's Storytelling, each of the Siblings has been a "Sinister Sibling" since Oric enacted his first plan. The plan was to use one of the Siblings(Target) to experience feelings by exploring and conquering the Warrens. Ultimately, the target would kill a bunch of Siblings and die. The Siblings would also experience feelings, then die by the hand of Target. Once Target got to the end of the "adventure" Target would presumably die by the hands of an Angel/Oric, and the Soul Charge would be harvested. After the death of Target&Company, Target and all the Siblings that had died would be revived in a supervised LSS, memory wiped of the events which occurred, except a select few memories(YOU ARE THIS BOY/GIRL, YOU HAVE BEEN EXPLORING FOR SOME TIME). The revived siblings are deposited into their respective DL's, given orders; and Target gets dumped into DL1, ready to start over again.

We know these events as a "cycle". This was Oric's plan. Judging by what Cain said about his plan(KILL AND EAT, KILL AND EAT), the Angels knew they were looking for someone with a plan that would work, and probably heard the plans of each of the Siblings; ultimately deciding Oric's was the most ingenious. (target's plan probably would've been something with hoarding)
Oric's plan however came with him probably not dying at the end, and the Angels didn't think that was necessary, so they fired him. Yada yada yada, immortal beings slain. Oric gets rid of the Seraphim, except for one. Without the immortal being having to constantly eat, where do you think the Charge goes? Directly to Oric, that where. Judging by how FFS said that Oric's sin was gluttony, it would make sense that he would feed off the Soul Charge that would've gone to the six slain Seraphs.

Spoiler: The Oric Plan (click to show/hide)

There have been at least 1000 cycles, going directly off what the coded transmission said. That means after Three Target deaths, Floe has been alive. She was said by Cain to change very little in between her deaths; she was presumably killed last by Minus. Voice had installed a plan though, for Target. He installed a way for Target to remember past cycles.(T-MiNuS 120/TMNS120)

Spoiler: Cain tangent (click to show/hide)

Yaos' story is interesting however. It implies that although most of the Siblings/Gifted were able to channel their Souls to do impossible tasks; we know these tasks to be fueled by their Souls. With a drained Soul, a formed Gifted Generic would probably be easily killed. His powers were amplified through his Star, becoming the focus of his power, at the cost of accelerated loss of Charge.

Each of the Sinister Siblings are destined to stay in Oric's cycles, ultimately being slain. This can ultimately probably be explained using a Food Pyramid/Energy Pyramid.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 08:08:20 pm by javierpwn »

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15395 on: June 13, 2014, 11:06:32 pm »

Yaos' story is interesting however. It implies that although most of the Siblings/Gifted were able to channel their Souls to do impossible tasks; we know these tasks to be fueled by their Souls. With a drained Soul, a formed Gifted Generic would probably be easily killed. His powers were amplified through his Star, becoming the focus of his power, at the cost of accelerated loss of Charge.

I actually had a bit in my post about using the Star as a focus, but I deleted it at some point.

But I think that it may be possible that Gifted weren't always killed when low on Soul Charge. I think that they would go through Illbirth, if left alive for too long. Which as I explained in an earlier Theorycraft, I think that Haria's prison might not have been due to fear of the Gifted themselves... but instead what they might become.

But I also think there is a connection between the Angels, specifically the Seraphim and Illborn, specifically Willborn. I can't quite ignore the fact that Riltia's Illbirth showed us more than we know. She had Angelic characteristics in addition to the few characteristics that were determined by the nearby Illborn. The thing that particularly has been bugging me is a few of the extra things we've learned. Firstly, that Willborn Riltia was pooping out Searchbots of her own flavor. Then later we found out in a supplementary post by FFS that Willborn Riltia had a back end similar to Searchbots. But the question here is did she gain the Angel-like characteristics from the Seachbots? The Searchbots share the same skin(?) color as the Angels (which happens to be 666666)... So maybe Searchbots and Angels share a stronger connection than we've realized. Then there's the fact that some of the Searchbots were taken over by that Red eye/White eye entity which I think might be the Last Seraph.

Add in this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_angelic_hierarchy
In this hierarchy Seraphim and Cherubim (plural of Cherub in Hebrew) are the top two orders of angels. There are lower orders so while the Cherubs might have served the Seraphs the Cherubs might have been served by a lower order like the Ophanim. So maybe Searchbots are lower order Angels.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15396 on: June 13, 2014, 11:43:18 pm »

I actually had a bit in my post about using the Star as a focus, but I deleted it at some point.

But I think that it may be possible that Gifted weren't always killed when low on Soul Charge. I think that they would go through Illbirth, if left alive for too long. Which as I explained in an earlier Theorycraft, I think that Haria's prison might not have been due to fear of the Gifted themselves... but instead what they might become.

But I also think there is a connection between the Angels, specifically the Seraphim and Illborn, specifically Willborn. I can't quite ignore the fact that Riltia's Illbirth showed us more than we know. She had Angelic characteristics in addition to the few characteristics that were determined by the nearby Illborn. The thing that particularly has been bugging me is a few of the extra things we've learned. Firstly, that Willborn Riltia was pooping out Searchbots of her own flavor. Then later we found out in a supplementary post by FFS that Willborn Riltia had a back end similar to Searchbots. But the question here is did she gain the Angel-like characteristics from the Seachbots? The Searchbots share the same skin(?) color as the Angels (which happens to be 666666)... So maybe Searchbots and Angels share a stronger connection than we've realized. Then there's the fact that some of the Searchbots were taken over by that Red eye/White eye entity which I think might be the Last Seraph.

Add in this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_angelic_hierarchy
In this hierarchy Seraphim and Cherubim (plural of Cherub in Hebrew) are the top two orders of angels. There are lower orders so while the Cherubs might have served the Seraphs the Cherubs might have been served by a lower order like the Ophanim. So maybe Searchbots are lower order Angels.
Riltia is the Sister Seraph; seeing as that's her title, is it surprising her Willborn form had wings?

And on the Searchbots, I just thought they were extremely deadly robots that are constantly on the prowl for Soul Stars, and can occasionally be possessed by the OS/LS for direct control. But if you really want to know some deep plot-info; I would suggest trying to "decode" OverAndOut.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15397 on: June 14, 2014, 03:06:01 am »

BTW, everyone's always talking about cycles, but when did this cycle start?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #15398 on: June 14, 2014, 03:22:40 am »

Just before this game began, presumably. Maybe a little earlier to set some parts up.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #15399 on: June 14, 2014, 08:40:36 am »

This game is great. I just finished reading through all of this.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15400 on: June 14, 2014, 08:56:05 am »

Enter cave. There's always a cave behind the waterfall. Always. If there somehow isn't a cave, we must make one for the universe to be right again, so don't reabsorb that drill immediately.

Failing that, I suggest we exit through the double doors. If it's good enough for Oric, it's good enough for us. I get the feeling that 'safe exit protocol' may mean security is on it's way, so unless we want a dance battle with a giant laser eye.

Actually, that does sound kind of cool. If it's good enough for Cain, it's good enough for us. Loiter.

(Also, any theorycrafting on those dice lights? If we can get over there, we should see if we can take them and roll them.)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #15401 on: June 14, 2014, 09:39:29 am »

Wait this is Ecco's hub right?
Maybe that device is for transmitting to the rest of the levels, and the dice lights represent the DLs.

No wait it's Floe's but still they could represent DLs :v
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 09:41:00 am by Solymr »

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15402 on: June 14, 2014, 01:45:35 pm »

Maybe that device is for transmitting to the rest of the levels, and the dice lights represent the DLs.

You might be right. But its currently set to 5... but accessible from the Underside. So there might be something more to it than the obvious. I don't think you're wrong, just that there might be more to the puzzle.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15403 on: June 14, 2014, 01:58:11 pm »

You might be right. But its currently set to 5... but accessible from the Underside. So there might be something more to it than the obvious. I don't think you're wrong, just that there might be more to the puzzle.
This is Floe's Hub. This is a fact.

The 5 on the dice probably indicates that Hub 5 is inactive, Target's hub. The strange part is that would mean that Hub 6 is active, Riltia's hub.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15404 on: June 14, 2014, 03:35:33 pm »

Who says that Hub 5 and 6 belong to The Target and whatever Riltia was again.
Remember, not all siblings get a DL, so maybe not all of them get a hub.

I wonder where hubs are controlled. Could we hijack this hub to use as our personal TARDIS?

Pages: 1 ... 1025 1026 [1027] 1028 1029 ... 1544