Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3737894 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome:
« Reply #15435 on: June 14, 2014, 10:59:57 pm »

Reading that update, I got the Oric tip #60. "You will all die to a Sibling's hands. Finally, the aberration will be mine." Ominous.
We've seen it before, but it's appropriate.

I don't like the look of this level. Or the minimap.

Investigate giant pit, investigate narrow beam, and the pits in the middle of said beam.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15436 on: June 14, 2014, 11:15:46 pm »

Dang. We shoulda cast Bulwark before we came here and shenanigan-ed MP again. Oh well.

Cast Bulwark. Investigate blood.
The Blood says "Was it worth it?"; probably because the Cleared Level asumes we killed Proxxy.
+1 to Casting Bulwark
Head West, we need that River Dollar.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 11:17:28 pm by javierpwn »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15437 on: June 14, 2014, 11:18:53 pm »

Dang. We shoulda cast Bulwark before we came here and shenanigan-ed MP again. Oh well.

The Blood says "Was it worth it?"; probably because the Cleared Level asumes we killed Proxxy.
+1 to Casting Bulwark
Head West, we need that River Dollar.

+1
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #15438 on: June 14, 2014, 11:31:08 pm »

Check skill menus, and try to remember what dark- locking does.
Also, I think Oric might have murdered Proxxy. After all, we haven't seen her after she let us, Riltia, and Al go, which Oric likely would have been pissed about. Proxxy is evidently dead, since DL2 is cleared. Also, Oric's Hammer is supposed to be extremely powerful, likely strong enough to kill her quickly.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15439 on: June 15, 2014, 05:19:43 am »

Sometimes lack of sleep can be productive and not productive at the same time.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15440 on: June 15, 2014, 05:26:17 am »

Reading that update, I got the Oric tip #60. "You will all die to a Sibling's hands. Finally, the aberration will be mine." Ominous.
We've seen it before, but it's appropriate.

I don't like the look of this level. Or the minimap.

Investigate giant pit, investigate narrow beam, and the pits in the middle of said beam.
+1

If by blood you mean the writing, +1
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15441 on: June 15, 2014, 05:32:47 am »

Switch music to this. Note topic, or rather lack of it. Be careful.

Well, looks like we now know what FFS was talking about in his warning. If Proxxy really got killed, it is serious step back, as we fall deeper in cycle instead of out of cycle. I think we have to solve riddle of this cleared level to get the most out of this situation.

Investigate all the things! +1. That tombstone with bloody writing too.

+1 to Casting Bulwark and Head West, we need that River Dollar.
+1, of course after investigation.
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #15442 on: June 15, 2014, 05:56:47 am »

+1 to investigationing, bulwarking and dollaring.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15443 on: June 15, 2014, 06:21:53 am »

The change of topic seems rather clear to me.
Set music to this.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #15444 on: June 15, 2014, 06:55:25 am »

I love you Al. You know how to get things done and it is a wonderful thing. Never change.

Al. Tell us your thoughts on the situation. Monologue.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15445 on: June 15, 2014, 07:51:52 am »

I got Cherish's "You will never get those points in cheating" (#021).

+1 to investigationing, bulwarking and dollaring.
I love you Al. You know how to get things done and it is a wonderful thing. Never change.
Al. Tell us your thoughts on the situation. Monologue.
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: PARTY CRASHING STEALTH-BASED ARPG
« Reply #15446 on: June 15, 2014, 10:55:54 am »

So, should be please the whims of our GM, effectively making this a story in where the readers don't have control over the characters, thus defeating the whole purpose of what we know as suggestion games? Should we ever give the Lying Creator the very chance of writing the story whatever way he wants? Comrades, if we ever allow this kind of thing, then we are not players anymore, we are readers. Mere observers, without an actual control over the course of the story, and, more importantly, over the character whose personality came from the collective mind of us, the players. I we let the GM came out victorious out of this, I dare say, prank, or maybe even social experiment he is trying to pull, we may as well become lurkers, and resign to our rightful faculty.

As someone who knows FFS's actual views on viewer control of the story, I find this very amusing.
Heh, I know them, he sees the players as Co-GMs. I was just trying to make a retort for a posture that I don't actually agree with as a way to cotribute to the sillyness in my own way. Because I suck at jokes otherwise (I actualy voted a +1 on listening to the GM's whims)

Although, I do recall FFS saying a while back that we'd pretty much locked ourselves into a particular course in the game, and to get a different ending we'd have to do a lot of stuff he'd never anticipated. It's one of the reasons I support the more insane shenanigans as much as I do. Predestination's for lesser men-turned-women than Ciro!
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #15447 on: June 15, 2014, 12:07:19 pm »

Guys, GreatWyrmGold was just banned, I'm sorry that I'm the one to first announce it here but he was an important person to this thread, his unique sanity will be sorely missed, may he be remembered evermore in these hallow halls.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15448 on: June 15, 2014, 12:08:35 pm »

I don't know what suggestions to +1 now.

His -1's were an everlasting beacon of direction.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15449 on: June 15, 2014, 12:09:54 pm »

I don't know what suggestions to +1 now.

His -1's were an everlasting beacon of direction.
I almost agreed on everything GWG used to -1 here. Then I realized that the madness can't really be fought
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 1544